Author Topic: Brain dis-connection during sleep.  (Read 2809 times)

October 02, 2005, 07:19:49 PM
Read 2809 times

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Read this article in the paper today. I found it quite interesting and thought I would share, so I looked up their online version.

http://www.jsonline.com/alive/news/sep05/359643.asp

October 02, 2005, 09:57:23 PM
Reply #1

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Wow, so consciousness is just specific parts of your brain working together. Glad to know if I ever go crazy, that by the time I do, someone will probably be able to "fix" my brain or at least understand the problem fully.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

October 02, 2005, 11:55:14 PM
Reply #2

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
Wow.. Was  I the only one expecting something more along the lines of you threatening to remove my brain in my sleep? o_O

October 03, 2005, 01:03:05 AM
Reply #3

aeroripper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
I wonder if the science will ever evolve to a point where it will be exploited to torture people by shooting lasers and stuff into their brains to cause different responses.  Man what a nightmare that would be, can't even escape the pain when unconcious :o.

Come to think of it that reminds me of a part in a "anime matrix DVD" that i forgot what its called but it had a short on humans strapped to the power grid or whatever and a laser shooting into their brains making them laugh, then cry and writhe... it was kind of disturbing...

October 03, 2005, 04:10:58 AM
Reply #4

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
You're thinking of the Animatrix, the reason why Matrix Reloaded was such an immense disappointment: It got our hopes up.

October 03, 2005, 04:29:35 PM
Reply #5

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
You're thinking of the Animatrix, the reason why Matrix Reloaded was such an immense disappointment: It got our hopes up.
[snapback]53864[/snapback]
I never saw the animatrix and thought it was a huge disappointment.

I reveal penis I know psychology.