Author Topic: Talk About Nostalgic...  (Read 4330 times)

September 11, 2005, 05:53:06 PM
Read 4330 times

ShootBang

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
HI Guys!!

Many of you probably don't remember me, I spent the better part of a year playing NS on lunixmonster, participating in a clan with Jefe and BM here. It's been so long sence I last popped in, I hardly know what to say here!! I've drifted away from NS for the better part of a year, as well as loosing touch with pretty much all my friends back here. But, I'm happy to say I do still see a few familiar faces arround. I've been dieing to get some good-old NS back into my system, at least for a while. I need to look into some things, such as getting NS to work with Halflife 2, getting back into the IRC stuff, fixing up a quick new siggy and avatar back in here, all that fun stuff. I figure who better to get to playing with then you all again!!

Either way, I'll try to pop back into lunixmonster and see if we can't have some fun!!  :D

Welcome back; your last visit was: Apr 26 2004, 12:50 PM
:blink:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 06:00:37 PM by ShootBang »

Arnold, Win? But he's still.... Only human

September 11, 2005, 07:56:47 PM
Reply #1

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
hai2u jerk who hasnt been around in ever :p
-_^

September 11, 2005, 09:06:47 PM
Reply #2

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
i love the pwndator sig

September 11, 2005, 09:32:55 PM
Reply #3

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Hey everyone remembers shootbang :p. If you want to play a good game of NS again I suggest you wait till the next version, most people are and have been burned out on the current version and NS in general for awhile now. We have been playing sourceforts often though and it crashes a lot but is fun. Some of the peoples are playing Dystopia, which an unfinished version came out for on friday.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

September 11, 2005, 11:02:38 PM
Reply #4

ShootBang

• Skulk

• View Profile
hmm... just as well i guess, because steam seems to hate me, or something like it. I can't get NS to even install at the moment, and the website seems to have been down for a while, so there's no help there. Can you run the new NS without the origional Halflife? I'm sure you can... but realy, I just got ahold of a copy of HL2 and i've yet to realy mess with the online bit, so I dono anything about how to get this junk to work. Keeps saying steamfiles can't be found. Either way, i can't install Halflife any more, the CD-key dissapeared. May have to buy it again, now that it's pretty cheep.

OH well, been fighting with it for a while today, but i think i'll just abandon it for now and see if i can't do a bit better tommarow. Even if everyone's burned out... i have a REAL hankoring for NS, though... it's more, a hankoring for ANYTHING XD

though... i'm not even realy sure what sourceforts or Dystopia is... i haven't done ANY sort of gaming sence... well... i was here last, lol.

Actualy, there is a reason why i haven't been online in... er... forever. At least, why i've not been playing. I got moved out and situatied in a new place, with no real internet connection. Been leeching off of a wireless network nearby, finaly went and got our own set up. Now i've got a stable connection, time to try it all out again.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 11:05:48 PM by ShootBang »

September 11, 2005, 11:42:02 PM
Reply #5

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yes you need the steamified version of half-life to play NS, it's still just a HL mod :). Something about a HL2 version is being made/might be made I can't remember, but sourceforts and dystopia are HL2 mods.

What as the last version of NS you played? I mean it seems like from what you're saying that it is a lot longer than I assumed it was.

September 12, 2005, 11:47:21 AM
Reply #6

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
i love the pwndator sig
[snapback]53475[/snapback]
and it got pwned, OH SNAP!

welcome back.

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

September 12, 2005, 04:01:20 PM
Reply #7

ShootBang

• Skulk

• View Profile
lol, er... mostly 3.0, if i remember corretly, whatever version when they released combat with.

Well, i managed to get halflife installed last night, will try with the NS again, but it's not running with steam yet i guess. Wow... been a while!!
Will try to get on IRC tonight at the very least, we'll see.

NOOO!!! I forgot there was a size limit on the siggys XD
at least it was the right pixels <-<  >->

[edit]
Well... It's up and running!! now, the only problem i can see... the server just so happens to be empty, lol
*sigh* there goes my dreams of NS with the old gang again, well... for the time being anyways

IRC isn't working so well, it won't let me connect to gamesurge for whatever reason, but it's probably just user error  :p
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 06:57:18 PM by ShootBang »

September 12, 2005, 07:47:12 PM
Reply #8

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Your best bet of playing is probably a thursday, since like that was reg night and from lack of players it's open reg night lololol. That is, if rad/niteowl or whoever keeps it going!

September 12, 2005, 10:32:40 PM
Reply #9

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
hai shootbang <3
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

September 12, 2005, 11:37:38 PM
Reply #10

ShootBang

• Skulk

• View Profile
hai shootbang <3
[snapback]53501[/snapback]
I missed you to TAK  :blush:
 :ph34r:

[edit] GAH!!! No can do, I just remembered... my club meets on Thursday, i won't get home till after midnight and i have to work the next morning... I'll just have to try to get some people playing durring the other days of the week ;)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 04:51:20 PM by ShootBang »

September 14, 2005, 02:27:17 AM
Reply #11

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Your best bet of playing NS is not playing LM :(

Not enough of us here pub NS enough to propagate a good server with regulars, and with the current total stoppage of NS growth there is never any new players on the server to drag the old regs back in.  A bunch of us have either moved on to other servers or compeditive play...  A good bet would be trying the FR31 server, as I know a few LM regs have switched over to there.  Also in the compeditive off season a few of us will have more time for pubbing.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

September 14, 2005, 07:43:23 AM
Reply #12

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
come play dystopia with us

September 14, 2005, 04:19:34 PM
Reply #13

ShootBang

• Skulk

• View Profile
[snapback]53534[/snapback]
Mabey eventualy i will... but not any time soon. It took me forever to get NS back even, don't realy feel like something something new at the moment

FR31, i'll try it if i can... I'll be doing my best to drag a few people from IRC to the LM server once in a while too, we'll see

September 14, 2005, 07:30:58 PM
Reply #14

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
[snapback]53534[/snapback]
Mabey eventualy i will... but not any time soon. It took me forever to get NS back even, don't realy feel like something something new at the moment

FR31, i'll try it if i can... I'll be doing my best to drag a few people from IRC to the LM server once in a while too, we'll see
[snapback]53545[/snapback]
Highlight and drag could definitely work.  Just got to get lucky and not be compeating with homework at the time of dragism.

September 14, 2005, 10:26:49 PM
Reply #15

aeroripper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Your best bet of playing NS is not playing LM sad.gif

Not enough of us here pub NS enough to propagate a good server with regulars, and with the current total stoppage of NS growth there is never any new players on the server to drag the old regs back in. A bunch of us have either moved on to other servers or compeditive play... A good bet would be trying the FR31 server, as I know a few LM regs have switched over to there. Also in the compeditive off season a few of us will have more time for pubbing.

Yea my NS time has dropped to around once a week instead of everyday :D.  Been playing dystopia.  A lot of regulars will probably be back again once 3.1 gets released... at least for a little while.  I hope theirs news on progess of the hl2 port.

September 16, 2005, 12:06:42 AM
Reply #16

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Your best bet of playing NS is not playing LM sad.gif

Not enough of us here pub NS enough to propagate a good server with regulars, and with the current total stoppage of NS growth there is never any new players on the server to drag the old regs back in. A bunch of us have either moved on to other servers or compeditive play... A good bet would be trying the FR31 server, as I know a few LM regs have switched over to there. Also in the compeditive off season a few of us will have more time for pubbing.

Yea my NS time has dropped to around once a week instead of everyday :D.  Been playing dystopia.  A lot of regulars will probably be back again once 3.1 gets released... at least for a little while.  I hope theirs news on progess of the hl2 port.
[snapback]53550[/snapback]
I've heard whispers.  I hope they decide they have something publicly presentable pretty soon, since from what I have heard the concept work is pretty frigging cool.

September 18, 2005, 05:32:42 PM
Reply #17

ShootBang

• Skulk

• View Profile
Alright, i lied here... turns out i've got a friend here where I'm at who wants to play dystopia too, so i'll be downloading, i'm sure i'll see more of ya there before long :-P