Author Topic: Re-Institution of Reg/RS Night  (Read 5026 times)

September 01, 2005, 11:19:11 AM
Read 5026 times

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
OK, so rad's been on vacation.
So it hasn't been much of a vacation. I got a second (and third) job, had another kid, got robbed, and finally settled into my new routine (except the whole robbery thing).
Now, it is time to re-institute the reg night. there will be no discussion on when the first one will be held, because it's the only time I can do it this time, but then we'll open it up to debate.

Without Further Ado...
Reg/RS Night Communistically Followed Schedule
o Date of Event: Thursday, September 8, 2005
Last Updated 09-01-05

Admin Hosting This Event: rad4Christ

Reserve Slot Night begins promplty at these times:
GMT-5 9:00 PM Eastern (US)
GMT-6 8:00 PM Central (US)
GMT-7 7:00 PM Mountain (US)
GMT-8 6:00 PM Pacific (US)
[size=8](Use WorldClock to find out what time it is where you live.)[/size]

Regulars and reserve slot members, as well as anyone else who is willing to contribute to a healthy, fun, night of NS are welcome. However, all participants are expected to have read the rules of gameplay and understand them, and to play with the appropriate attitude.

Password for this week is:      lmisback
[size=8]Password Access: The password will be made available during the event in this thread, as well as in the IRC channel topic (irc.gamesurge.net #lunixmonster)[/size]

Planned Gamemode: Hide N Seek

Marines
o Marines have 5 minutes to hide in various location around the map. Gravity will be reduced during this time.
o Marines can't use any weapons except for 2 mines per hiding spot and knives. The commander is allowed to have weapons, but cannot hide. Once the commander has died, no one can replace him.
o Marines can have motion tracking. They cannot have any other upgrades/weapons.
o Marines win if they are not found within 15 minutes (10 minutes after aliens start searching).
o Marines who are killed must join spectate.

Aliens
o Aliens stay in their hive for 5 minutes.
o Aliens can have only 1 lerk and 1 gorge. Everybody else must be a skulk.
o Aliens win if they kill all the marines within 15 minutes (10 minutes after hunt begins)
o Aliens dying for whatever reason (mines, knives, doors) must immediately join Spectate. They must not divulge the location of any marines after they are dead to the alien team.
o Aliens are not permitted to use their flashlight or scent of fear.
o Movement Chambers are the only allowed chamber.

Secondary Gamemode: Organized PUG

All details, rules, and other info will be updated soon.

Other Info:
Please support this, not only in speech, but in action. Play on the server nightly, many of us are beginning to try to get games going again. Use IRC or other communication (these boards, X-Fire (list), Google Talk, anything. Other communities are struggling too, but the only way to get it back is to get involved.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 06:32:10 PM by [mmi]rad4Christ »
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

September 01, 2005, 11:24:39 AM
Reply #1

Bryan

• Gorge

• View Profile
so...can a not reg lm nub like say... me, join?

Bryan
1987 Keller, Tx spelling bee champ.

September 01, 2005, 12:11:44 PM
Reply #2

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
I updated the initial post. The reason I moved this to General instead of the RS forum is that I know we need to increase participation all around, so we're opening up some of our activities to a wider audience.

You are welcome to join.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

September 01, 2005, 02:14:25 PM
Reply #3

aeroripper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
I'll probably be there if I see people on the server, i'm a big fan of hide n' seek :).

September 01, 2005, 03:26:13 PM
Reply #4

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    Now with 100% less angst!
    • STEAM_0:0:15737634
    • View Profile
you know, this is really the.....
re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-institution of reg night.
have fun.

September 01, 2005, 09:01:56 PM
Reply #5

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
have fun.
[snapback]53299[/snapback]
and public!

I reveal penis I know psychology.

September 02, 2005, 12:29:00 AM
Reply #6

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
have fun.
[snapback]53299[/snapback]
Ya, but the re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-institution died because rad didn't have the time to run it any more, so it's only fitting that he's going to revive it again.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

September 02, 2005, 09:10:50 AM
Reply #7

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Since I have about 6 hours to waste and there's a computer nearby... I'll just type out some of the rules, and rad you can copy them into your first post.

Blatantly ripped by rad.
Thanks
^_^
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 03:05:22 PM by [mmi]rad4Christ »
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

September 03, 2005, 08:32:23 PM
Reply #8

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Looks like I won't be joining then.

September 03, 2005, 08:37:03 PM
Reply #9

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
seems good, i may drop by idk yet ;o

one thing about hide and seek;
may want to add that comming as alien while you are still on the team is okay, and parasite isn't, as well as using the minimap

September 04, 2005, 02:18:10 AM
Reply #10

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Ugg, can we play traditional hide and seek and not "rines mine the crap out of aliens FTW" hide and seek?  It's so lame how we always end up with less seekers alive then hiders just because mines are easy to hide behind.

I don't mind marines using mines to hide ontop of or in pits, but if that is the case I think the alien killed by the mine should get a respawn, because both the comm thing and the mine thing totally ruin the seeking experiance.

When I play hide and seek with my little brothers beating the crap out of people isn't in the rules.

September 04, 2005, 02:39:31 PM
Reply #11

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
True. Then, if you find a marine in a good place, you have to run the damn gauntlet just to get to him. And by then, you've probably hit a mine, so all he has to do is swipe at you.

September 04, 2005, 06:07:07 PM
Reply #12

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
True. Then, if you find a marine in a good place, you have to run the damn gauntlet just to get to him. And by then, you've probably hit a mine, so all he has to do is swipe at you.
[snapback]53358[/snapback]
Or swipe at the mine and use the friendly fire to kill you.

September 05, 2005, 12:49:30 AM
Reply #13

a civilian

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
When I played hide and seek many months ago with some other clanners, our rules/settings (or what I remember of them) were the following:
 - everyone had to set lightgamma to 4 before joining (since it has no effect if you do it after joining)
 - cheats enabled
 - every marine got a jetpack (by giveupgrade 39)
 - marines got an observatory in marine start with motion tracking researched, and aliens weren't allowed to kill it (this was mainly to alleviate boredom; you could watch the minimap to see what was happening around your teammates if your area was vacant)
 - highdamage was enabled so that once a person was found, they had little chance to escape
 - marine's couldn't attack aliens or use any weapons/items
 - aliens got two hives, movement chambers, and were free to use invul if so desired
 - normally had 2-3 aliens hunting approximately 5-9 marines, if I recall correctly (we just used our discretion to decide on the ratio of aliens to marines)
 - the aliens had to remain in the readyroom until all marines were ready (or a reasonable time limit if someone was taking too long) (this is better than making them stay in the hive as there are often good marine hiding spots in and around hives)
 - when ready, a marine would add "ready" to his name to ease counting
 - when found, a marine could stay dead on the marine team (just to spectate as there are no IPs) or join spectate
 - the round wouldn't end until all marines were found
 - the last 2-3 marines to be found would become aliens next round

We made up these rules as we went along and they seemed to work well.  The change to the alien flashlight had not yet been implemented at that time, but the current alien flashlight should of course be forbidden.

Edit: Oh and we were all on Ventrilo on the same channel, which contributed to the fun and excitement.

Edit: And apparently it was sufficiently fun that we played from around 2AM eastern to around 7AM eastern (though with some people leaving and others joining).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 09:51:15 AM by a civilian »

September 05, 2005, 08:44:53 AM
Reply #14

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Sounds like a fun variant. Does lightgamma 4 make the game a lot darker?

September 05, 2005, 09:51:51 AM
Reply #15

a civilian

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile

September 07, 2005, 01:41:21 PM
Reply #16

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
I'm not going to vastly change the hide n Seek dynamics for this week. but it's all something to look into. I have altered the rules to allow only 2 mines per marine or per hiding spot.
tim

SheenaYanai