Author Topic: Face of Mankind  (Read 3940 times)

August 04, 2005, 06:27:38 PM
Read 3940 times

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
FACE OF MANKIND

An interesting new MMORPG just went into open beta.  I just finished with the training so I'm not so experienced with the game, but several aspects of the game design look pretty promising:
  • Rather than a turn-based sort of thing, this game is a first person (or third person!) shooter in the vein of Neocron.
  • The game is almost exclusively run by players.  When joining a faction in the pregame, one can - for instance - become a cop and arrest unscrupulous players with warrants on their head.  It also supports the ability for players to create quests and set rewards.  The faction leaders are human players, and the market is completely player-run.
  • The story universe is something like Deus Ex, it would seem, only way in the future.
  • More HERE
Anyways, I downloaded it this afternoon and got myself an apartment on the moon :D

August 04, 2005, 06:43:39 PM
Reply #1

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
Downloading, I'll try it.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

August 04, 2005, 06:48:09 PM
Reply #2

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
I'm downloading it right now aswell.

August 04, 2005, 07:05:19 PM
Reply #3

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
IIRC, TheIggsta is a GM for FoM (then again, I wonder how many of the people here still know who he is =P)

Might try it out, pending on reviews from the others here.
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

August 04, 2005, 09:08:24 PM
Reply #4

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
IIRC, TheIggsta is a GM for FoM (then again, I wonder how many of the people here still know who he is =P)

[snapback]52712[/snapback]
I thought he quit because it was going to be like neocron except instead of fixing what Neocron didn't fix they fixed what made the game good. Doesn't anyone remember the FOM beta that was terribly bad in every possible way?

I reveal penis I know psychology.

August 04, 2005, 09:32:29 PM
Reply #5

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
hmm... i think i did play this beta a while ago... terrible -_-, maybe i didnt give it enough time but... just wasnt to my liking.
-_^

August 04, 2005, 10:52:08 PM
Reply #6

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile

[snapback]52712[/snapback]
I thought he quit because it was going to be like neocron except instead of fixing what Neocron didn't fix they fixed what made the game good. Doesn't anyone remember the FOM beta that was terribly bad in every possible way?
[snapback]52714[/snapback]

im pretty certain he was gm for neocron, and that he's not anymore.

how do you guys know him? i know him from NSR... course hes leaving for europe soon.

August 05, 2005, 07:10:46 AM
Reply #7

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
I'm playing right now, I keep getting killed by mercenaries. I ask for help from people and they don't even reply and everywhere is EMPTY.

August 05, 2005, 08:46:16 AM
Reply #8

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
He was never a GM for Neocron, he merely did a lot of "beta" work with a lot of GMs, and as I recall, was invited to be a GM for Neocron.

And yeah, I remember the FoM betas sucking too. =3

And TheIggsta and I go waaaayyyyyyyy back in #evo. We have a history together. I'll share a short story now.

Okay, back when NS was still an inkling their channel was much smaller (more like #evo in the past), when language wasn't the major concern because there were so few of us there. There was released an open beta for an MMO. This MMO was Neocron. We made our guild, NS (standing for Natural Selection, obviously). That guild soon died for reasons I can't remember. We reformed the guild under a much sexier name, NSR (Natural-Selection Rebirth. And this was before NSRadio existed, so HUZZAH!). I have a lot of stories from our Neocron guild days. Basically we were made celebrities in Neocron and their forums... but that's another story for another day :)

Anyways, I was our guild "poker". A poker is someone who "pokes" people and get their implants in. I was also our guild gun modder. Quite a profitable business for me, poking people in front of Yo's (store, general meeting place in like Plaza 1, or some place, can't remember) for 100cr a go. Upgrades were tip based (and still very profitable).

Then every other hour... Iggy would hell out in guild chat: "ZERO! TL78 POKE @ YO'S!" (TL78 = Tech Level 78, back in beta, very few people were able to do high level pokes, even fewer were publically available as most were private-use guild only. I was one of the only people available to do high-end pokes commercially back then.)

And then Redford jumped on and did it a couple of times too. Nowhere near the amount Iggy did it though.

Iggy still says it to me whenever he sees me in IRC (or any other game we're playing together). :(

I miss Iggy :(
« Last Edit: August 05, 2005, 08:48:04 AM by Zero7 »
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

August 05, 2005, 09:08:40 AM
Reply #9

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
you can talk to him on blackmage's ventrilo... he hangs out with us in there all the time. I hope he stays in touch after he leaves for europe.. which is i think like... tomorrow.

August 05, 2005, 10:32:35 AM
Reply #10

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
This is actually quite fun after you find the where abouts of all the people, it takes time to adjust but it's quite fun after that. Btw my name is Deep F and I'm usually at Lower node Genesis.

EDIT

I'm stuck right now in jail, PEDs spawn arrested us at genesis and with the jail bug none of us can get out without suicidng and losing your weapons and implants.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 06:18:04 PM by IntensityRising »

August 11, 2005, 10:21:37 AM
Reply #11

DiscoZombie

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
wow.  that was horrible.  so I start it up, I'm in char creation, all the NPCs are half buried in the ground, so I can't even customize my char right because I can't see his bottom half.  I get through training, the game seems alright.  I pick my apartment in friendly territory, I check it out, see that the computer doesn't work, so I leave my room.  I immediately see 2 people ganking some helpless dude.  I think, oh boy, I'm next.  Of course, I was.  I tried to run, tried to get back in the apartment teleporter.  no dice.  I'm dead.  it takes about 5 minutes to respawn.  when I have my 20 health and get the message that the cloning process is finally done, I try getting out of the tube, but I'm STUCK.  I wiggle, jump, crouch, press different keys - nope.  then, THE GAME CRASHES.  

I want to burn the game to a CD just so I can set the CD on FIRE.

August 12, 2005, 12:48:19 AM
Reply #12

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Doesn't anyone remember the FOM beta that was terribly bad in every possible way?
[snapback]52714[/snapback]

wow.  that was horrible...
I want to burn the game to a CD just so I can set the CD on FIRE.
[snapback]52883[/snapback]

Just thought I'd add in some emphasis with quotes.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

August 13, 2005, 11:49:11 PM
Reply #13

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
so I leave my room.  I immediately see 2 people ganking some helpless dude.  I think, oh boy, I'm next.  Of course, I was.  I tried to run, tried to get back in the apartment teleporter.  no dice.  I'm dead.
[snapback]52883[/snapback]

That might of been me that ganked you :D, well anyways yeah that happened to me the first time I made my character. I'm guessing you became a LED/FDC, try being a Mercenary, it's alot easier. Also you have to know where your faction hangs out, for mercenaries they hang out on ssg (Space Spation Genesis).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 11:50:04 PM by IntensityRising »