Author Topic: NS 3.1 Changelog (Preliminary)  (Read 11814 times)

August 07, 2005, 03:21:01 PM
Reply #40

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
[random]
I myself couldn't see the touche in LB's first 'statement, I just wanted to facilitate a discussion about serverside performance in an attempt to fix one of LBs big NS gripes

<3 TFIAT
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

August 07, 2005, 08:22:38 PM
Reply #41

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
Right now, for each new player that connects, the server uses %3-5 more cpu.  When I connect by myself and hop around, I see it going from 2% to 14%.  So when the server's full, its using 50%+ of the cpu.  If this was just occuring on LM, NS server rentals wouldn't be 30% more expensive then CS ones. (nuclearfallout.net 10slot, CS: 28, NS: 42)

If a large hosting company cannot regulate the cpu ns uses, I don't really think we have a chance at doing it for each server.

This isn't even counting the random times when the cpu usage spikes to 100% and stays there, requiring HLDS to restarted.

I'm not sure how much I would trust the values past 11 players, because I haven't had the chance to get more data on them.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 08:22:55 PM by devicenull »

August 08, 2005, 05:27:04 AM
Reply #42

tankefugl (in a tent)

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://tankefugl.imagonia.org/
Nice. If you can keep on to that and keep sampling, it would be of tremendous help when we next time do some optimizations.