Author Topic: New server mods! yay!  (Read 8079 times)

June 19, 2005, 11:28:01 PM
Read 8079 times

aeroripper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
Comms don't get res slotted, it shows who ejects the comm (with steamid) and more i probably havn't noticed yet... also it seems some of the text seems different...... so is there a list or something of what all was changed?

June 20, 2005, 05:02:39 AM
Reply #1

spinviper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Exitus Acta Probat

June 20, 2005, 07:04:03 AM
Reply #2

SlickWill

• Skulk

• View Profile
Is this on LM server?  That would be awesome.  Maybe I can go and work on my sucky comm skills now.   :) This makes me so happy.

June 20, 2005, 08:57:44 AM
Reply #3

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Good job to whoever did it! (I think it was said in IRC yesterday but I wasn't paying attention :p). Here's what I've noticed so far:
- Notification of players leaving to go to ready room (NSPlayer has left his team)
- Notification of who's starting the eject vote
- (from aeroripper) Prevents the comm from getting slotkicked
- Notification of when a player leaves because he's slotkicked, and by whom

Great job! <3 this.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

June 20, 2005, 09:15:12 AM
Reply #4

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Welcome to AMX-X. It's only a test right now, but we admins like it. I'm not a big NS'er anymore, but I'll be around to buryteam from time to time. The hit reg problem seems to have disappeared AKAIK, so test it for any troubles. GJ to Dev/null and LB for getting this done.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

June 20, 2005, 09:59:47 AM
Reply #5

Bryan

• Gorge

• View Profile
I wounder if now would be a good time to request to disable the afk kicker for thows times there are 5 or less people (or just me)  on trying to fill the server.

Bryan
1987 Keller, Tx spelling bee champ.

June 20, 2005, 03:10:04 PM
Reply #6

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
I wounder if now would be a good time to request to disable the afk kicker for thows times there are 5 or less people (or just me)  on trying to fill the server.

Bryan
[snapback]51176[/snapback]

Negative, the kicker stays.
To the stars!

insert witty line here

June 20, 2005, 03:19:19 PM
Reply #7

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Would it not bring more players in?
Or, ok, an amendment. If there are less than 5 players (or so), time limit increases to 10 minutes for being AFK before being kicked?
Or, another addition, only increase this AFK timelimit while in the ready room? This way, more players would come in the server, and not to find bots or 24/7 idlers like other servers, but real people who are busy getting a drink or something.
I think this could bring more people to the server, something it needs now - we've been playing combat a bit too much lately o_O
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

June 20, 2005, 10:45:33 PM
Reply #8

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
To make a very long story short, the likelyhood of me being able to get the kicker recoded is slim to nothing.

Part of the AFK kickers purpose is for people that join and idle in the readyroom.
To the stars!

insert witty line here

June 21, 2005, 07:42:39 AM
Reply #9

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
Does this mean saying AMX in #lm won't get you banned anymore?
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

June 21, 2005, 10:04:17 AM
Reply #10

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
It's been like that for quite awhile, esuna.

June 21, 2005, 10:35:57 AM
Reply #11

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
So LM is running AMX now?  How is the reg, for those who were complaining before?
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

June 21, 2005, 11:09:11 AM
Reply #12

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
awesome
as for the AFK kicker, I like it. If your going to go AFK for quite some time, dont stay in the server. Becuase even if its 5 or less people more will join and within 2 minutes it could be fileld up to 16/17 slots and people who want to join cant because your in the RR afk doing your own thing

June 21, 2005, 12:04:36 PM
Reply #13

Bryan

• Gorge

• View Profile
awesome
as for the AFK kicker, I like it. If your going to go AFK for quite some time, dont stay in the server. Becuase even if its 5 or less people more will join and within 2 minutes it could be fileld up to 16/17 slots and people who want to join cant because your in the RR afk doing your own thing
[snapback]51237[/snapback]

the idea would be to have the afk kicker start kicking when the 6th player joined. and this does not matter because it is not being considered and the server is.......undecided on its future.

Bryan

June 21, 2005, 12:08:15 PM
Reply #14

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
Bryan,
Some of the suggestions people have, while good, are not easy to acomodate.  I'm no server-side guru, but I think I'm right when I say that the AFK kicker we use is the one written for AMXX (previously admin mod) and its not THAT customizable (sp!)  So short of getting rid of the AFK kicker completely or finding someone who can re-write it properly the exact way we want it, it can't be changed.

June 21, 2005, 01:04:10 PM
Reply #15

Bryan

• Gorge

• View Profile
Im sorry Grayduck I think I was a little unclear I understand about the the mod. I'm a little disapointed that the server may be moving away from NS thow. I would not press the issue about the afk kicker unless I could fix it my self. At the moment I have no idea how to do that and I don't plan on learning. However, I bring it up agian because Diablus seems to have misunderstood my idea.

Bryan

June 21, 2005, 01:04:21 PM
Reply #16

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
It's a metamod plugin written by someone who's no longer with NS, much less coding MM plugins.

We don't need any fancy AFK kicker either, the one we have does it's job.
To the stars!

insert witty line here

July 02, 2005, 03:03:21 PM
Reply #17

Guspaz

• Reserved Slot
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://teknews.net
I like the new mod, for the most part. One thing, however strikes me as EXTREMELY bad:

- Notification of who's starting the eject vote

That is NOT a good change. There are reasons why voting is anonymous. It is meant so that people are not too scared about reprisals to vote for a comm eject.

If a comm eject succeeds, good, it doesn't matter who started it. It doesn't matter because for the eject to succeed most of the marine team obviously wants a new comm,  so who voted is irrelevant.

If a comm eject fails, it STILL doesn't matter who started it, because it had no effect; nothing happened.

The reason we NEED comm votes to stay anonmyous is primarily in case the vote DOES fail. Imagine this scenario:

Player A is not pleased with the commander, who is generally wasting lots of res on useless things and ignoring the requests of his team. He starts a comm eject vote. Unfortunately, only 4 of 8 players vote to eject, failing to meet the "50% plus one" criteria. But the commander now knows that Player A tried to get him ejected. The commander now decides to try to be mean to Player A, denying him of all weapons, medpacks, items, etc. He also tries to undermine him by giving him useless orders.

This is the situation we want to avoid. People should not be afraid to start a comm eject vote!!

July 02, 2005, 04:45:47 PM
Reply #18

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I see people voting anonymously for no reason at all as a bigger problem. Now there is a deterrent for that kind of thing. If as you say a comm gets hostile just because of a failed eject.. more people might vote to kick him out, which he'll have earned.
Best thread ever
"You steal a thousand Post-It notes at 12p, and you've made... a profit."

July 02, 2005, 05:12:16 PM
Reply #19

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile