Author Topic: Voting The Comm Out  (Read 5715 times)

June 06, 2005, 06:08:07 AM
Read 5715 times

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
We've had problems with this in the past. Some people voting commanders out repeatedly, and we just didn't know who did it. On teams of regulars, too. Well, here's the solution.

Go there, voice your support for the idea. Let's see this in NS as soon as possible. Once we have names, we can do something about it.

June 06, 2005, 07:24:10 AM
Reply #1

Bryan

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
I hope that works.

Bryan
1987 Keller, Tx spelling bee champ.

June 06, 2005, 10:24:11 AM
Reply #2

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

June 06, 2005, 10:44:40 AM
Reply #3

aeroripper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
There is a plugin out there that does this i've played on a few servers that have it.

"NSplayer has voted down on the commander" when they hit eject button.

June 06, 2005, 12:00:09 PM
Reply #4

Zombies and Robots

• Lerker

• View Profile
There is a plugin out there that does this i've played on a few servers that have it.

"NSplayer has voted down on the commander" when they hit eject button.
[snapback]50377[/snapback]

Your sig is making me hungry.

June 06, 2005, 12:57:30 PM
Reply #5

Sirus

• Lerker

• View Profile
I believe the Fr31ns server has this plugin, that or [FAT]Accidental Bowel Movement, either way, next time I'm on, I could ask an admin what the name of the plugin was.

I know that sometimes, a group of people that are friends will vote a commander out because theyre a large portion of the group, some do it because they're looking to bother people, or because they want to command themselves, eitherway, its fairly lame.

June 06, 2005, 01:28:53 PM
Reply #6

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
I believe the Fr31ns server has this plugin, that or [FAT]Accidental Bowel Movement, either way, next time I'm on, I could ask an admin what the name of the plugin was.

I know that sometimes, a group of people that are friends will vote a commander out because theyre a large portion of the group, some do it because they're looking to bother people, or because they want to command themselves, eitherway, its fairly lame.
[snapback]50382[/snapback]
More than likely it is an AMX plugin, we use AdminMod.

June 14, 2005, 09:30:22 PM
Reply #7

Spectre X

• Skulk

• View Profile
i think its a good idea because whenever i try to practice comming, and forget something... i always get canned. no suggestions, just canned. and when i try again nextmap, i get booted before it starts. it gets annoying. I think having the anti anonymous thing would discourage people from ejecting, and more toward giving suggestions.

June 14, 2005, 10:10:59 PM
Reply #8

Smikies

• Lerker

• View Profile
Heh, i try to promote new comms... as long as they atleast no how to build ( dont want me to get started about this one dude....)

Just try to take strats from other comms, learn how they upgrade, where they drop pgs/tfs/rts, and learn how to check for the hive. O, and if ur playing with regs, learn how they play, that way you can have them do what they do best while still "using them."

And if u feel like screwing up, just say ur trying something new, then get your sweet revenge on those evil rines that tried to eject you. :D

June 16, 2005, 12:01:54 AM
Reply #9

KitsuneInuYasha

• Lerker

• View Profile

[snapback]50382[/snapback]

Could you ask the people at Fr31ns to unban me by chance? I seem to have pissed off Nadsy and she perma banned me. I checked their rules and I didn't break a one of them *shrug*

June 16, 2005, 02:03:51 AM
Reply #10

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    Now with 100% less angst!
    • STEAM_0:0:15737634
    • View Profile
things like that should be delt with in PM....
trust me on this one.

June 16, 2005, 02:34:08 AM
Reply #11

Hopelessness

• Skulk

• STEAM_0:1:92284
    • View Profile
Could you ask the people at Fr31ns to unban me by chance? I seem to have pissed off Nadsy and she perma banned me. I checked their rules and I didn't break a one of them *shrug*
[snapback]50942[/snapback]

Well, yes, first, you should probably post that in the ban complaints section of the fr31ns forums. (Yes, I know the registration for the forums was recently broken, but it should be fixed now.)

As for the plugin, no, we haven't used one. However, we just had someone code a plugin with the same purpose for us (Though it only alerts the admins), and yes, it's AMX, so LM is out of luck =\.

As for the idea, I somewhat like the idea of it being fully public, but I have my reservations, as people might become hesitant to vote out even a bad comm.

June 16, 2005, 08:40:34 AM
Reply #12

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
There is no reason to be hesitant when voting out a bad comm, since others will surely support you on it as well :)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 08:50:33 AM by 2_of_8 »
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

June 16, 2005, 08:41:16 AM
Reply #13

Nadja

• Lerker

• View Profile
I've played on servers where it says who voted to eject the comm, and I learned to command so that whenever the comm is voted out I know that at least one of us can take over. Oh and of course you mute the old, now angry comm :p .
Likes to use new aliases. Try to guess!

June 16, 2005, 12:44:29 PM
Reply #14

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
There is nothing quite as sad or pathetic as a recently ejected comm repeatedly pressing his use key on the chair.. not fully understanding what his "team" has done to him.
Best thread ever
"You steal a thousand Post-It notes at 12p, and you've made... a profit."

July 04, 2005, 01:22:03 PM
Reply #15

Guspaz

• Reserved Slot
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://teknews.net
I must lodge my objection to this. I think it's a Bad Idea™.

A better solution is to LOG the player who starts an eject on the SERVER, but not print it out loud on the server.

This way the admins can take action if needed, because they have the info, but players in the server can't take retribution against what a player thought was a legitimate eject vote.

July 04, 2005, 01:59:45 PM
Reply #16

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
I think the problem with useless ejects by llamas is bigger than that of commanders unfairly treating their players.
Besides, with most eject votes, it's easy to see if it's really needed or not. A newb comm shouldn't be ejected, but one who's spamming CCs all over should. There is no fine line; it's clear what's "abusive comming" and what's simply inexperienced comming.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld