Author Topic: Coffee Game  (Read 6597 times)

May 25, 2005, 09:19:19 PM
Reply #20

Krytos

• Lerker

• View Profile
    • http://www.taylor.edu/
The moose.  Its the only one with antlers.
If it moves, shoot it.
If it is still moving, shoot it again.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.

May 26, 2005, 07:20:49 AM
Reply #21

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
"Tiger" is the only word that contains only unique letters (if panda were spelled paanda then tiger would be the only one without a double-letter)

May 26, 2005, 11:01:55 AM
Reply #22

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Hm, seems like there is going to be no one getting the answer I'm thinking of. BIG hint, it has to do with evolution, and digestion.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

May 26, 2005, 04:16:34 PM
Reply #23

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Tiger is the only one that doesn't like pizza.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

May 26, 2005, 05:35:30 PM
Reply #24

CryForMe

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
um...well theres several possibilities. the giraffe has uniquely evolved to be able to reach its food source at the tops of trees, which, through their own genetic evolution, have become taller over the ages. pandas and moose and giraffes are all herbivores, while grizzlies and tigers are omnivorous, having a much more scrutinizing digestive system that will allow them to process various types of intake. pandas have evolved a unique claw on their forepaws that allows them to dig out the center meat of bamboo stalks and other closed-capsule plants.
each animal has its own unique evolutionary quirks involving digestion and eating, so which is it. give it up already :p
EDIT:
you also broke the game code by not labeling which was decaf/regular. thats the point. you have to figure out why the different one is different. not which AND why.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 05:38:39 PM by CryForMe »
"What do I do first when I comm?"-NSPlayer(2)
"You need to build an RTFM interface."-CFM

May 26, 2005, 10:34:49 PM
Reply #25

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
i give up, here's mine. it's a lot simpler if you know your languages.

glob() <-- decaf
rtrim() <-- reg
str_rot13() <-- reg
explode() <-- reg
nl2br() <-- reg

answer:
Code: [Select]
tybo() vf gur bayl shapgvba gung'f abg n cuc fgevat shapgvba (vg'f n crey/cl/rgp svyr shapgvba hfrq sbe Havk fglyr cnguanzr cnggrea rkcnafvba). egevz(), fge_ebg13(), rkcybqr() ner nyy y2oe() cuc fgevat shapgvbaf (fep: uggc://hf2.cuc.arg/fgevatf naq uggc://jjj.kni.pbz/crey/yvo/Cbq/creyshap.ugzy)
ab, v qb abg rkcrpg zbfg crbcyr gb xabj guvf bssunaq (tbbtyr sbe gur jva)
fbavp'f cebonoyl tbvat gb synzr zr sbe guvf cbfg. v'q chg n svir qbja ba uvz pynvzvat gung v'ir arire gbhpurq n srznyr vs v unq n jnl gb trg lbh (gur ernqre) n svir. bu, cyrnfr qba'g cbfg gur genafyngvba (be na boibvhf yvax gb n genafyngbe) ba gur sbehzf ^^
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 10:35:42 PM by Black Mage »

May 27, 2005, 06:38:28 AM
Reply #26

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
yeah, i was trying to make it harder.

anyhooo answer coming up:

It's the panda, who's a secondary herbivore, it was actually evolved to eat MEAT. But got stuck in a place where it can only eat fricking bamboo shoots. Forcing it to consume 14kg (30ish lbs) of shoot a DAY just to survive.

Yeah, that's why it's endangered. Bloody evolution.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman