Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 7173 times)

May 20, 2005, 06:25:33 AM
Read 7173 times

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well, by now, I'm sure most of you have seen it (blasphemy if not). Anyway what did you all think of it?

I thought it was  much better that the two prequels, and I thought it did a pretty good job living up to the older ones. There were some awesome sequences in it.

I also think people need to not look at the other movies as much. Everyone wants the new Star Wars movies to be as good as them. I think that if they didn't even see them, this movie (and possibly the others) would have a ton more praise. It also has to do a lot with nostalgia, and the fact that everyone is older now and not impressed as easy.

Anyway, it was definitely a fun movie to me, and I was happy with it (especially at the near end with Vader).

Delayed EDIT: Missed a word.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 03:38:47 PM by Malevolent »
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

May 20, 2005, 10:10:12 AM
Reply #1

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
I watched House of Wax yesterday. My friends were in Star Wars so I caught the ending of it.

May 20, 2005, 01:08:37 PM
Reply #2

Evangelion_2

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
I went to the midnight showing and I loved it. There was this group of people going around and having lightsaber fights which looked cool at the bottom of the theater in the blackness. I enoyed the movie and one of my fav parts is when kenobi and anakin are on the lake of lava and anakin is on the lava droid and he is just face to face with kenobi :D also our movie broke down 5 min till the end and they finally fixed it and gave us free movie tickets again as well :)
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 38kb - DHP (the loser)
MrBill:Ohhhhhhh NooooO!!!!

May 20, 2005, 01:43:46 PM
Reply #3

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
I really enjoyed it. My 4 year old waned after 1.5 hours, until he saw vader's mask. Overall, it's the best of the prequels IMO, and pretty doggone good for all they had to cram into one film.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

May 20, 2005, 02:27:46 PM
Reply #4

confused!

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.confusionville.net
worth the lack of sleep at work this morning :)
HUEG SIGNATURE IS NUKED

May 20, 2005, 02:47:52 PM
Reply #5

ziggot

• Skulk

• View Profile
I went to the midnight showing as well. My friend rented a great vader costume and people took pictures of him all night long. he was a bigger attraction than the movie it seemed.

May 20, 2005, 11:47:24 PM
Reply #6

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I thought it was really good, lots of flashy lasers to keep me satisfied :)

btw, the damn scenes when everything turned REALLY REALLY BRIGHT AND MADE YOUR EYES EXPLODE were mean :(
-_^

May 21, 2005, 02:28:09 AM
Reply #7

SuicidaL MonkeY

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Just came back actually, thought it was a great movie, they covered alot of area's not explained or understood properly in the older movies, and the senate room, WHOA, that was an excellent choice!!!!...(those who have seen the movie know what i mean)...But my fav of the series is still The Empire Strikes Back.

May 21, 2005, 03:42:42 AM
Reply #8

CryForMe

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
i caught the midnight showing as well. i thought it was an excellent movie, but i did have a problem with a couple parts (which i wont discuss because theyre spoilers), but overall it was very well done. one thing i didnt really like though (that i can talk about anyway) was the fact that when there were 2 fights going on simultaneously (anyone whos seen it knows what im talking about), they kept switching back and forth between them and every time a switch was made, the people fighting were in COMPLETELY different locations (i.e. platforms, walkways, etc.). Ive always been a fan of the big epic duel that goes on for 5 mins, like the ones in ESB and RotJ.

By the way, has anyone heard anything about Eps. 7,8,9? George Lucas said he was pretty much done with star wars after this, but there have been rumors about leaked storyboards from episode 7, and many of the castmembers from episode 3 have said that there were other starwars projects in the works.
"What do I do first when I comm?"-NSPlayer(2)
"You need to build an RTFM interface."-CFM

May 21, 2005, 11:52:54 AM
Reply #9

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
By the way, has anyone heard anything about Eps. 7,8,9? George Lucas said he was pretty much done with star wars after this, but there have been rumors about leaked storyboards from episode 7, and many of the castmembers from episode 3 have said that there were other starwars projects in the works.
[snapback]49087[/snapback]

I hadn't heard anything about that, but I'd love to see someone do the Thrawn series.

May 21, 2005, 12:35:22 PM
Reply #10

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
would anyone else be surpried if halo movies came out soon?

i sure wouldnt... id really friggin like to see metal gear solid done in a movie or 8 movies.

damnit i love metal gear

May 21, 2005, 01:20:24 PM
Reply #11

Jefe

• Fade

• View Profile
would anyone else be surpried if halo movies came out soon?

i sure wouldnt... id really friggin like to see metal gear solid done in a movie or 8 movies.

damnit i love metal gear
[snapback]49107[/snapback]
does this have anything to do with star wars?

*DISCLAIMER*  Do not take the above post seriously.

May 21, 2005, 02:56:07 PM
Reply #12

Magmatron

• Onos

• View Profile
Everytime I talk to anyone about the movie, we end up bringing up the end Vader sequence at the same time and talking about how we couldn't help but laugh. I'm sorry, but him stumbling off the operating table like Frankenstein then shouting "NOOOOOOOOOOO" was poorly delivered and ended up hilarious. I loved everything else in the movie, especially R2D2 comedy relief scenes.

TyrNem...blah blah blah

May 21, 2005, 03:01:44 PM
Reply #13

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
Everytime I talk to anyone about the movie, we end up bringing up the end Vader sequence at the same time and talking about how we couldn't help but laugh. I'm sorry, but him stumbling off the operating table like Frankenstein then shouting "NOOOOOOOOOOO" was poorly delivered and ended up hilarious. I loved everything else in the movie, especially R2D2 comedy relief scenes.
[snapback]49116[/snapback]
NOOOO

youre right that was lame

May 21, 2005, 07:45:41 PM
Reply #14

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
It definitely had its ups and downs, but overall it was very exciting and really sad/disturbing to see the hero thus far become totally evil. I thought it would be cool to see him morph into Vader, but it wasn't. Quite the accomplishment if someone can make ME not relish in the evilness.
Best thread ever
"You steal a thousand Post-It notes at 12p, and you've made... a profit."

May 22, 2005, 08:53:37 AM
Reply #15

Wolfwood

• Skulk

• View Profile
The movie was good, exceeded all expectations (none at all). Great use of CG, the storyline was delivered, but the one thing that erked me a bit. The acting was rather poor, in my opinion. Now, I know that they're acting on green screens and all that jazz, but they lacked emotion and reaction.

Not sure if Anakin's character was supposed to be portrayed like that, but he lacks emotion, period. He is the embodiment of apathy. "But Padme... I love you. </monotone voice>". Yeah, anyways. Good movie, kicks rear when put up against Eps 1 and 2, but doesn't quite exceed the original movies.

I need to sit down at watch all six movies straight. After those movies, I have this whole new perspective on the Vader character. ::sniff:: Poor Anakin.... little droid robot fixer boy.

K, I'm done now  <_<

May 22, 2005, 04:05:56 PM
Reply #16

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Yeah, I think the boy Anakin had more character than the grown-up one, though he didn't undergo as much of a change.

And yes, the Vader scene was HILARIOUS. I thought the clenching-fist rage thing was kind of cool, but "NOOOOOO!" just ruined it for me.

I also chuckled at the part where the camera focused on Jar-Jar for a second.

May 22, 2005, 10:43:09 PM
Reply #17

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I also chuckled at the part where the camera focused on Jar-Jar for a second.
[snapback]49181[/snapback]
Heh, ya, a lot of people laughed a bit in the theater I was in. You really can't say it was bad though. You would expect him to go to the funeral, and he didn't say anything.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

May 22, 2005, 10:48:27 PM
Reply #18

CorvusX

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
And yes, the Vader scene was HILARIOUS. I thought the clenching-fist rage thing was kind of cool, but "NOOOOOO!" just ruined it for me.
[snapback]49181[/snapback]
Chuckle.

Anywho, I went to see it twice already... pretty good movie, overall. :)

May 23, 2005, 02:54:26 PM
Reply #19

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Actually, I wouldn't mind watching it again, myself. It was a good movie.

Oh, and something can really be said for Anakin's toughness. Seriously, all of his limbs being cut off (except the one he already lost)? And then he catches fire? No wonder he was pissed. And on that note, Obi-Wan is a badass for slicing off three limbs in one go.