Author Topic: The Devil  (Read 7450 times)

May 13, 2005, 01:27:14 AM
Read 7450 times

EmperorPenguin

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
I had to go and do it.  I had to borrow my friend's 10-day WoW pass.  Now I must play, and for once I sympathise with all you who got on board a long time ago.  I suspect I'll be totally absent from the server for at least a week or two before I calm down and feel like playing NS again.  But until then, I'm a goner.
"What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby?  Maybe we'll never know."

May 13, 2005, 01:29:26 AM
Reply #1

Temm

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• Personal Text
    Bam in the FACE
    • View Profile
Is it really that fun?  :blink:

May 13, 2005, 01:56:40 AM
Reply #2

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
ya it is and between that and college finals i've been absent from LM for that time being; however, after my 2 week vacation, i'll return to lm more often
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

May 13, 2005, 04:51:28 AM
Reply #3

ThoraX

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
i havent been here in like, what, a year maybe sinse my last visit?
i say, play as much as you can now and let yourself get burned out so you can carry on with other things. i was close to that point, but then i switched factions...
i get to do it all over again and i LIKE it.

my account expired in 6 days. im debating with my self whether or not to renew right away or take a break before i inevitably play again. the debates get a bit headted at times, with one side putting the other in a headlock while the other repeatedly punches him in the stomach.
This is going to be some kind of reunion, isn't it?

May 13, 2005, 12:36:22 PM
Reply #4

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I had to quit my EverQuest addiction cold turkey. Beware picking up WoW if you have some real-life obligations as everyone tells me it's very addicting.
Best thread ever
"You steal a thousand Post-It notes at 12p, and you've made... a profit."

May 13, 2005, 01:55:05 PM
Reply #5

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I got hooked on NWN PWs.

Mostly cos its free.

But its that damned free hit thats the problem. Now I want a bigger PW, with more stuff implemented, and that means WoW or SWG.

The sad thing is that I have finally decided to bite the bullet and get a credit card, the last person in my family to do so despite being the oldest sibling.

We're doomed.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

May 13, 2005, 02:43:53 PM
Reply #6

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Put it on the plastic! Who needs money when you have PLASTIC

BUT then again who needs plastic when all you get is into DEBT >:D

May 13, 2005, 03:26:02 PM
Reply #7

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
most mmorpgs have that effect on me.. where i play em nonstop for a while..
-_^

May 13, 2005, 03:55:31 PM
Reply #8

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
I suggest guild wars over wow.. its a lot less addicting, but more fun.  No month to month charge either

May 13, 2005, 04:02:09 PM
Reply #9

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Note, from what I'm told, GW is more about the teambased PvP. Where ppl using better tactics and twitch skills (i dunno what tha'ts aboot) can win over an UBAR lvled group.

And also note, please don't screw up your lives by getting into massive credit card debt. I've never done so, but those companies are like the mafia, except worse. 25% interest?! Put down the bat bambino!
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

May 13, 2005, 07:52:45 PM
Reply #10

Scuzball

• Lerker

• View Profile
Aye... it's the devil...

Me and my roomie split WoW to make up for our guilt. $25 each, and $6 a month makes it... too easy...

I'm sad to say... I havn't played a lick of NS since we installed WoW. It's sad really. I'm gonna have a big comeback, I swear! Be on the lookout!
Gothic dance!

May 13, 2005, 07:55:17 PM
Reply #11

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I've pretty good self control, I'm expecting a wage hike in the next month or so, it'll more than cover SWG *and* WOW, mwaha.

Might even get Matrix Online as well. No such thing as mmorpg half measures in my book.

May 13, 2005, 10:28:14 PM
Reply #12

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I've pretty good self control, I'm expecting a wage hike in the next month or so, it'll more than cover SWG *and* WOW, mwaha.

Might even get Matrix Online as well. No such thing as mmorpg half measures in my book.
[snapback]48500[/snapback]

Woah. Dude.

By the way, someone asked me the other day how I roll.

Mother****er, THAT'S how I roll.

Full plate armor, and a pimped out warhorse. With my shield out, I get 4500 armor and 51.5% DR. And still 70 DPS, with a 200 point burst every 30 seconds.

With my 2h, I rip things in half.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 10:30:02 PM by Legionnaired »

May 14, 2005, 09:50:31 AM
Reply #13

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Pimp My Warhorse, with Xzibit.

May 15, 2005, 01:17:32 PM
Reply #14

EmperorPenguin

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Phew, wasn't quite so addicting once the initial newgame run burned off.  But it's still taking up a fair bit of time.  It also means my absence from NS will be short-lived.  

My younger brother was looking for a game with no monthly fee, perhaps I'll reccomend Guild Wars to him.
"What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby?  Maybe we'll never know."

May 16, 2005, 04:19:21 PM
Reply #15

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
My younger brother was looking for a game with no monthly fee, perhaps I'll reccomend Guild Wars to him.
[snapback]48650[/snapback]

I would recommend NS.

May 17, 2005, 09:09:30 AM
Reply #16

EmperorPenguin

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
As awesome as that would be, he is only 11 and the language is not overly appreciated by my mother.  In fact, that puts a lot of multiplayer games out of the question  :)

May 17, 2005, 10:46:39 AM
Reply #17

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
As awesome as that would be, he is only 11 and the language is not overly appreciated by my mother.  In fact, that puts a lot of multiplayer games out of the question  :)
[snapback]48826[/snapback]
It's nothing he won't hear at school. A person can't be shielded forever. She probably has no idea how bad some little kids use language. It is ridiculous.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

May 17, 2005, 11:25:44 AM
Reply #18

sonic

• Fade

• View Profile
Paladins couldn't even rip a wet paper towel in half

May 17, 2005, 03:46:29 PM
Reply #19

Goldfish

• Lerker

• View Profile
Paladins couldn't even rip a wet paper towel in half
[snapback]48836[/snapback]

While it is true that Paladins are offensively weak currently, a good Paladin can outlast and bludgeon most classes.

I've beaten some of the best players on the server I play on (Earthen Ring- RP), and have been beaten as well, but Paladins are certainly not opponents to be ignored.  

And here is an image for you Paladin haters. =*(