Author Topic: Frustrating....  (Read 6474 times)

April 12, 2005, 08:41:51 PM
Read 6474 times

E-Fonzarelli

• Skulk

• View Profile
am I the only one bothered when you are really kicking arse (i think I was 25-4) and saved your hive and basically screwed marines only to get slot kicked...

MMMMM FUN STUFF

/rant off

/rant on

Someone said "Someone join so he will be slot kicked"

who knows if that was in my reference, but as I just stopped a 3 bacon attempt to rush a hive....

don't pay attension to me - I just like to have a fun game in a fun server and be kicked after I just played a big part in my team winning.

a quote from this site...

It is based on ping,

refering to being slot kicked....

now... being that i'm one of the lowest pinging regulars on the server and there is no way i would EVER be the highest pinger, how about saying HOW IT REALLY works?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 08:47:48 PM by E-Fonzarelli »

April 12, 2005, 09:10:48 PM
Reply #1

SlickWill

• Skulk

• View Profile
quit your bitching, you post all the time about getting slotted, well you're not the only one and you don't hear the rest of us whining.

April 12, 2005, 09:27:20 PM
Reply #2

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Actually, on reflection, I'm not even going to comment.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

April 12, 2005, 10:01:16 PM
Reply #3

Dead_Meat

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
Someone said "Someone join so he will be slot kicked"

I made that comment to cryforme after he made a comment of aliens not even getting chambers till 2nd hive

it was a joke back at him as he gets slotted a bunch

April 12, 2005, 10:53:22 PM
Reply #4

E-Fonzarelli

• Skulk

• View Profile
quit your bitching, you post all the time about getting slotted, well you're not the only one and you don't hear the rest of us whining.
[snapback]46100[/snapback]

if its based on ping, I would never get kicked...

unless the whole server was filled with slot'ers...

ok - now I feel stupid.

April 13, 2005, 02:24:37 AM
Reply #5

CryForMe

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
and the funny thing about what DM said is the fact that the next game, i got slotted 6 times. i'll agree that it gets annoying when its most of the way through a really good game and people in IRC hear about it and they all decide to jump on to take part in an "epic" battle, or when i get multi-slotted in one game, but i dont get mad about it.

on another note, you gotta admit that you guys got friggin whomped that game DM. Aliens didnt drop any chambers until after the second hive was up, then we took 15 mins tormenting the poor rines, who by that point were locked in their spawn.

EDIT:
Oh, and e-fonz, what ive found is that though the server may not appear to be full of slotters, they smurf a lot, so you cant really tell sometimes. it does go on ping, ive tested it myself on other servers. created a 5 person server, made 3 res slots, had it fill up with non-slotters, then had slotters join one by one and watched the pings of the people getting kicked. definitely by highest ping.
and to will: whine whine whine whine whine whine!!!!!!  XD
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 02:27:19 AM by CryForMe »
"What do I do first when I comm?"-NSPlayer(2)
"You need to build an RTFM interface."-CFM

April 13, 2005, 07:08:34 AM
Reply #6

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I cannot tell you whether the slot kicker works as advertised or not, but it is SUPPOSED to kick by ping. Trust me, that's how it's supposed to work. Whether you will choose to believe me is your affair.

April 13, 2005, 07:23:17 AM
Reply #7

SlickWill

• Skulk

• View Profile
Cry, I'm not whining.   :D It just aggrivates me when other people do like they are only ones who get kicked on a regular basis.    <3 you Cry.

April 13, 2005, 07:53:46 AM
Reply #8

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
reserve_type 1
One slot is always reserved (regardless of reserve_slots). If someone with reserve access joins into that slot, the highest pinger without reserve access is kicked to make room. Thus, one slot always remains free.

Right from the adminmod doc's... we have no control if it doesnt work as they say.

April 13, 2005, 08:26:09 AM
Reply #9

E-Fonzarelli

• Skulk

• View Profile
Cry, I'm not whining.   :D It just aggrivates me when other people do like they are only ones who get kicked on a regular basis.    <3 you Cry.
[snapback]46126[/snapback]

I really appologize for my outburst....

But please, anyone reading this, look at my ping time when I play.  Its never above 30.  How many people can say that?  Really?

My cable is rock solid and feeds to OKC then directly to dallas I believe - unless they've installed another pipe, which seems likely as this ping time reports.....

Pinging 69.93.5.186 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 69.93.5.186: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=113
Reply from 69.93.5.186: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=113
Reply from 69.93.5.186: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=113
Reply from 69.93.5.186: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=113

Ping statistics for 69.93.5.186:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 15ms, Maximum =  31ms, Average =  19ms

And before anyone says something like "Well you probably had edonkey turned on" let me say I only use torrents, and only at night when i'm sleeping.  So the chances of this working on ping CORRECTLY are somewhat questionable im(very)ho.

again, sorry for bitching yesterday

April 13, 2005, 09:00:12 AM
Reply #10

Dead_Meat

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile

Reply from 69.93.5.186: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=117
Reply from 69.93.5.186: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=117
Reply from 69.93.5.186: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=117
Reply from 69.93.5.186: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=117

Ping statistics for 69.93.5.186:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 16ms, Maximum = 18ms, Average = 17ms

>:D

we all ge still get kicked
there are alot of slot'ers that play
when i get kicked i just hit the connect in hlsw and play spades or read
the texas fishinf forum ti a slot opens
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 09:06:13 AM by Dead_Meat »

April 13, 2005, 10:25:35 AM
Reply #11

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
on another note, you gotta admit that you guys got friggin whomped that game DM. Aliens didnt drop any chambers until after the second hive was up, then we took 15 mins tormenting the poor rines, who by that point were locked in their spawn.
[snapback]46116[/snapback]

Yeah, I was comming that game. Stacked games are so very fun. Rubbing salt into the wounds of marines that dont' take a hive down or even an alien RT makes you cool-- in my book.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

April 13, 2005, 10:36:39 AM
Reply #12

Cheez

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://photobucket.com/albums/v41/tehcheez/
Really? Awesome, that means i'm cool in nite's book. My life is now complete.

I remember my days way back when i had to see WON pwn me for slotters. While i hope i never have to see that message again, you find ways to deal with it. We've all had times when we were slotted while comm or onos or the only gorge with res for a hive or winning an aweseome game, but it happens man.

The only solution to the "problem" you seem to see is to give you a slot, but if it were policy to just give slots to anyone who was tired of being slotkicked, everyone who ever joined LM ever would be a slotter... :wacko:

April 13, 2005, 08:09:15 PM
Reply #13

cutter

• Skulk

• View Profile
Yes I too hate getting slotted.  Its already happened twice tonight.  I would just like for someone to wait until the round is over before hopping on.  But whatever I guess Ill just find another server to reg on.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 09:36:30 PM by cutter »

April 13, 2005, 09:19:04 PM
Reply #14

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Yes I too hate getting slotted kicked.  Its already happened twice tonight.  I would just like for someone to wait until the round is over before hopping on.  But whatever I guess Ill just find another server to reg on.
[snapback]46156[/snapback]

You can easily continue playing here, for most of the time. It's not like getting slot kicked perma-bans you :)
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

April 13, 2005, 09:35:31 PM
Reply #15

cutter

• Skulk

• View Profile
Yes I too hate getting slotted kicked.  Its already happened twice tonight.  I would just like for someone to wait until the round is over before hopping on.  But whatever I guess Ill just find another server to reg on.

You can easily continue playing here, for most of the time. It's not like getting slot kicked perma-bans you :)
[snapback]46161[/snapback]

Yea I know.  I love LM but its just frustrating when Ive almost got enough to drop a hive and im kicked :)

April 14, 2005, 12:14:45 PM
Reply #16

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Rubbing salt into the wounds of marines that dont' take a hive down or even an alien RT makes you cool-- in my book.

Thats why you're the new cool.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

April 14, 2005, 08:44:28 PM
Reply #17

Braindead

• Lerker

• View Profile
At first I was really angry about it, getting kicked 4 or 5 times a game and all. But I've sort of gotten used to it. The only times were I really get angry is when the reg goes on the team I was on. Changing teams mid game is definetely not fun  :(.

April 17, 2005, 03:32:57 PM
Reply #18

E-Fonzarelli

• Skulk

• View Profile
Yes I too hate getting slotted.  Its already happened twice tonight.  I would just like for someone to wait until the round is over before hopping on.  But whatever I guess Ill just find another server to reg on.

heh, check this out

on the vet server, they will kick you with the message "you have been slot kicked"

It happens all too often to me on that server.

April 17, 2005, 05:50:58 PM
Reply #19

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile

Reply from 69.93.5.186: bytes=32 time=7ms TTL=120
Reply from 69.93.5.186: bytes=32 time=9ms TTL=121
Reply from 69.93.5.186: bytes=32 time=12ms TTL=120
Reply from 69.93.5.186: bytes=32 time=6ms TTL=121

suckaz