Author Topic: I GOT MESELF ONE OF DEM NEW GAMES!  (Read 4912 times)

April 07, 2005, 08:52:44 AM
Read 4912 times

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
for only 30 bucks CAD! They are being packaged together now, and hit Owlies Price Point of Dewm! So I might be AFK for a bit :D
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

April 07, 2005, 10:51:54 AM
Reply #1

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I hear Chaos Theory is hawt. I played Pandora Tomorrow's multiplayer and it is awesome.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

April 07, 2005, 11:24:54 AM
Reply #2

Mac

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.gamerankings.com
I played the first Splinter Cell for the GameCube. I was pretty into it for a while, but I think I got stuck at one point and just stopped playing. FPSers are better for PC, IMO (with the exception of Halo and Metroid Prime).

"Why aren't you wearing your eyebrows??"
Everyday you're here is torture to my heart; reminding me of how you'll never be mine..
..I'm going to miss this feeling.

April 07, 2005, 12:13:17 PM
Reply #3

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Ah, yes, these are for the PC, so if anyone has them, and wants to do MP, lemme know!
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

April 07, 2005, 12:21:33 PM
Reply #4

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I got the first one with a mission pack for a good price, just waiting for PT to drop to my price point too, haha.

TBH I'm not enjoying the first one, but I feel honour bound to have to get all 3.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

April 07, 2005, 12:33:46 PM
Reply #5

Ubermaus

• Lerker

• View Profile
Have you played the CIA mission necro? That's the one that sold me on the first SC.

April 07, 2005, 02:27:52 PM
Reply #6

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I didn't get that far into it. Its just totally annoying.

For reference, I enjoy MGS and Hitman, so its not like I can't cope with stealth shooters.

April 07, 2005, 02:31:04 PM
Reply #7

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile

For reference, I enjoy MGS and Hitman, so its not like I can't cope with stealth shooters.
[snapback]45773[/snapback]

Ah... Hitman. One of my favourite games... like #4 or so. That was a great game!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 02:31:29 PM by 2_of_8 »
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

April 07, 2005, 04:54:28 PM
Reply #8

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://

[snapback]45773[/snapback]

If you haven't played Thief and Theif II, you don't deserve to call yourself a stealth fan.

April 07, 2005, 07:13:03 PM
Reply #9

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Chaos Theory is very fun on multiplayer. It solves some of the problems of PT's multiplayer by beefing up the mercs a bit (melee attack, camera network, etc.) while still adding new stuff to the spy's arsenal. Also, the map tutorials are great for newbies.

Also, I wouldn't call Splinter Cell a shooter in any case. Usually, you'll only enter firing mode when you're shooting out lights or when you're knocking out guards from a distance with sticky shockers/airfoils.

Overall, CT is pretty nice. Single player is fun, but a lot easier than the previous two, since you can easily knock out or kill a guard in one hit. Combine that with tricks such as bashing down doors, and you've got a pretty easy game on the default settings.

April 07, 2005, 07:55:01 PM
Reply #10

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Actually the only Thief game I don't have is Thief III. I have the Gold version of the original, and Thief II. However, I don't play either of them in the third person -so that why I don't count them for the purpose of this discussion.

On ANOTHER unrelated note, perhaps I'll get the third one at christmas... no pressing rush to buy it.

April 08, 2005, 04:16:46 PM
Reply #11

Evangelion_2

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
I made the mistake of renting the wrong version of SC CT. The playstation 2 version is so horrible. The grahpics are weak and the fps is unstable and the levels are even changed into sections cause it can't handle the maps. I stopped playing it about half way through the first level. Now I did play the xbox demo and that was really good but this was such a let down. -_-
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 38kb - DHP (the loser)
MrBill:Ohhhhhhh NooooO!!!!

April 08, 2005, 05:26:50 PM
Reply #12

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yeah, that happens a lot with the PS2, but what can you do? The GameCube one doesn't look that great from screens that I have seen, but it might be a little better than the PS2 version. Of course Xbox is always better looking than them. But why even consider the console when it plays excellent on PC and has the best graphics?
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

April 08, 2005, 06:38:53 PM
Reply #13

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I generally don't see the point of most PC->Console ports.

I mean the PC version has a chance of getting modded, customised, patched, updated, added maps, etc etc.

The console version.......... doesnt.

April 08, 2005, 07:27:51 PM
Reply #14

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Actually, it does have a chance if you own the XBox copy (me), but you have to pay fifty dollars per year for Live service. You can download updates and content, all that.

April 08, 2005, 08:18:00 PM
Reply #15

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I don't believe XBox Live helps you make/test your own custom content tho. So much tweaking you can do with configs and save files and simple model swaps thats easy on the PC but not so with the console.

April 08, 2005, 08:18:48 PM
Reply #16

Loke The Sleek Peruvian

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Have you guys tried Minesweeper?
I am Sleek.

Are you?

Only in peru would you consider being closer to satan 'winning'... INCA HAX FOR THE WIN!

April 08, 2005, 10:03:02 PM
Reply #17

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile

April 08, 2005, 11:20:46 PM
Reply #18

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
8 seconds ftw.
[snapback]45870[/snapback]

Pffffff, I pwn you.

April 09, 2005, 12:39:52 AM
Reply #19

Condizzle

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
You were saying what ABS?
"Jiggling Eggleston," replied the clams.