Author Topic: Killing eggs  (Read 8289 times)

April 03, 2005, 07:51:45 AM
Read 8289 times

SlickWill

• Skulk

• View Profile
Is it better to unload all clips and knife, or just knife?  Combo of lmg/knife, pistol/knife.  I heard that just knifing is the fastest.  Or does it matter what lvl weapons.  Btw, does weapon lvl affect knife damage?

April 03, 2005, 07:56:47 AM
Reply #1

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
I just see an egg and try and drain as much damage into it as possible. If I recall correctly upgrading weapons does not increase knife damage. Something to consider when attempting to knife an egg is a) what are they egging to b) how long have they been egged?

If you see LB in a hive as an egg ~5:00, kill the egg, you will make rines happy  :D
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

April 03, 2005, 09:06:59 AM
Reply #2

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
It's best to try to finish the egg off as quickly as possible. If you pull out a knife to start, you can only guess at how long it's been gestating, unless you saw it egg. The most you'll be able to hope for is that it won't pop out of the egg as a higher lifeform. Just unload and finish it off with a knife if you have to.

April 03, 2005, 09:19:06 AM
Reply #3

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://
ya it is best not to knife the egg untill it has been shot enough (at least in your mind to recommend knifing it)
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

April 03, 2005, 09:38:36 AM
Reply #4

SlickWill

• Skulk

• View Profile
I was asking for definative numbers you know?  Like:  lvl 1 and pistol plus 2 knife for egg is slower/faster than just knife.  I know you want to kill it as fast as possible  >_< .

April 03, 2005, 09:52:59 AM
Reply #5

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Shooting it with anything is faster than just knifing it.

April 03, 2005, 09:58:35 AM
Reply #6

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
I've seen marines in clan matches empty 2 pistol clips, then fire a few LMG rounds (10-20 or so) and it's done. This way, you still have about 30 bullets free to deal with a skulk that comes your way.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

April 03, 2005, 10:00:45 AM
Reply #7

Isamil

• Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
An egg can take a full LMG clip.  If I see an egg next to a res node I'l know its a gorge and wait for it to hatch.  Then I kill it when it has less life.

April 03, 2005, 10:09:12 AM
Reply #8

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I'll unload my lmg into an egg as soon as I see it. If at longer ranges, pistol first. If I close to melee, knife. This is because I absolutely hate having a Fade or Onos hatch from the egg and escape or kill me. I don't know if the knife does damage the fastest, but you'll have to close to melee first, while the lmg can do damage right away. Factoring that in, the lmg is far more effective unless you round a corner and run right into an egg.

April 03, 2005, 10:24:24 AM
Reply #9

pardzh

• Skulk

• View Profile
Put a full LMG clip into it, followed by your pistol.

It's guaranteed to work every time, sixty percent of the time.

April 03, 2005, 10:33:07 AM
Reply #10

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
I always finish my whole clip of lmg on it then knife or pistol. But one time I didn't do it fast enough and a onos came out of the egg, you can probably guess the next part.

April 03, 2005, 10:38:01 AM
Reply #11

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
You danced and became the BEST of friends?

April 03, 2005, 10:52:22 AM
Reply #12

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Well, if you think about what's faster, just compare it with killing a res node.
Using LMG to kill a res node takes 250 bullets, fired in 25 seconds + ~12 seconds of reload, while using a knife takes 56.4.

PS, Niteowl, or whoever made that unofficial NS manual with the damage calculator, include an "egg" target.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

April 03, 2005, 11:43:21 AM
Reply #13

DarkScythe

• Skulk

• View Profile
it's best to do as much damage as u can because, like they said, u don't know how long it's been egging

example: i ran into cargo (on veil) and saw an egg on the ground
i bumrushed it with my LMG
by the time my LMG clip was down, i switched to my pistol and out popped a fade
he ran into a corner, but i followed him and finished off the fade with the pistol

no early fade for aliens  ^_^

April 03, 2005, 12:12:26 PM
Reply #14

[JFF]Kirby

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
welll i like taking a piece of bread, cutting out the center, and then frying an egg in the hole... even though.. i only usually do it while im camping...at home i mostly just like them scrambled with salt and pepper...

April 03, 2005, 01:19:33 PM
Reply #15

Rath

• Legacy Admin
  • Skulk

• View Profile
What i dont like is that you cant kill full hp aliens when they are getting upgrades.  I was in a corner getting ready to ninja  a pg, and this onos stops right in front of me and starts to evolve an upgrade.  So I fire away with my lmg(level 2) and he got done before I could kill him.  >_<
I throw myself upon these OC's in the name of King Bill!!

April 03, 2005, 01:53:07 PM
Reply #16

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I prefer just to knife.

Why?

Because if they have a mic, or if they're a talkative typer, they'll be spamming like mad about how they're being knifed.

If you're lucky, someone might come back to the hive, which is less pressure elsewhere. It also means other alien players cant hear properly.. mmm.. psychology..

If you want to KILL the egg tho... just shoot it.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

April 03, 2005, 01:57:18 PM
Reply #17

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
I prefer just to knife.

Why?

Because if they have a mic, or if they're a talkative typer, they'll be spamming like mad about how they're being knifed.

If you're lucky, someone might come back to the hive, which is less pressure elsewhere. It also means other alien players cant hear properly.. mmm.. psychology..

If you want to KILL the egg tho... just shoot it.
[snapback]45275[/snapback]

You're crazy, Necrosis :)
Next time I'm getting knifed by you, I'll sit there quietly, hatch out and kill you with spit. Your plan will fail >:D

April 03, 2005, 02:08:09 PM
Reply #18

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
But now he knows your plan, so your plan will fail.

April 03, 2005, 02:13:22 PM
Reply #19

[JFF]Kirby

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
except now he knows that necrosis knows his plan.. so he cant fail..