Poll

Will you come?

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: LM Meet (Idea Phase)  (Read 10241 times)

March 17, 2005, 02:02:49 AM
Reply #40

Cold-NiTe

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~grain_silo/my_sig.jpg

kekekeke.
[snapback]43646[/snapback]
It always scares me when I realize that the server is 30 minutes away from me.

Full Metal Alchemist + FFXI
www.yzzerdd.com - For everyone who remembers that Episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force.  Yes.  It DOES exist.

March 17, 2005, 02:05:22 AM
Reply #41

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
... where you live?

Is the server 30 mins away from you or is LB 30 mins away from you?

REAL LM map

LB and the server are 2 timezones away from eachother.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

March 17, 2005, 02:07:30 AM
Reply #42

Cold-NiTe

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~grain_silo/my_sig.jpg
... where you live?
[snapback]43690[/snapback]
Check under my avatar.  It's not entirely accurate as I am actually in a suburb between DFW, but I'm in the general area.

I was under the assumption that the server was also in Dallas.

Full Metal Alchemist + FFXI
www.yzzerdd.com - For everyone who remembers that Episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force.  Yes.  It DOES exist.

March 17, 2005, 09:26:24 AM
Reply #43

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
Why aren't I on the map.
[snapback]43657[/snapback]

Oh, I'm a nub. In case anyone else failed to notice, as I did, there's a post to add yourself to the map. It's tarballed.
[snapback]43661[/snapback]

Pont!

(Sorry, couldn't resisit - lol - good job Manta!)

March 17, 2005, 10:27:32 AM
Reply #44

Owen

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
maybe if it was a "sonic and esuna" meet then yeah, i'd go.
[snapback]43495[/snapback]

game for that... stout all round?

March 19, 2005, 04:22:17 PM
Reply #45

confused!

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.confusionville.net
i might be game depends on the weekend etc.
HUEG SIGNATURE IS NUKED

March 19, 2005, 10:27:31 PM
Reply #46

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
Heh, for the record, the likelihood of a real big organized LM meet happening THIS year isn't looking very good. Although, I must say that next year is looking VERY prospective, simply because practically half of our regs graduate from high school that year and will be legal ;)

And on that note, the current revised possible locations:
Michigan, Indiana, Ohio

Now who could make it to these locations?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 10:39:52 PM by Zero7 »
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

March 20, 2005, 12:33:34 AM
Reply #47

Nooblet

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://www.gorgerush.net
I think Ohio would be THE best bet for close range. Travelocity or Orbitz for bus fairs or get a buddy and drive down. Ohio is smack dab in the middle for most of us. Also mabey just mabey we could get a pool togeather for air fair for anyone on the west who needs help.
Pissing DHP off one sig at a time.
Breaking the respect rule are we? *rolls up sleeves* - DHP
DHP, I love you.

March 20, 2005, 01:02:54 AM
Reply #48

Sandrock

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.gblan.com
Well if anyone is seriously interested, every couple months I host 100+ person LAN parties in Wisconsin, so we could knock out two birds with one stone. Its right in the middle of the Midwest US, and close to the Canadian border. We usually rent out a huge convention hall at a hotel, so we'd have plenty of place to roll out sleeping bags or a hotel very nearby. For our October 2004 event, we had people from all over Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and one guy flew out from Cali to meet his clan, so now GrayDuck has no excuse  :D  Let me know if this would be helpful to the cause.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 01:04:23 AM by Sandrock »

March 20, 2005, 01:56:57 AM
Reply #49

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Well if anyone is seriously interested, every couple months I host 100+ person LAN parties in Wisconsin, so we could knock out two birds with one stone. Its right in the middle of the Midwest US, and close to the Canadian border. We usually rent out a huge convention hall at a hotel, so we'd have plenty of place to roll out sleeping bags or a hotel very nearby. For our October 2004 event, we had people from all over Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and one guy flew out from Cali to meet his clan, so now GrayDuck has no excuse  :D  Let me know if this would be helpful to the cause.
[snapback]44014[/snapback]
LOL sand.

I'll be in MN from May 25th to June 5th - might it be then?!  *note I'll have no computer tho :(*

March 21, 2005, 11:58:15 PM
Reply #50

Settler

• Reserved Slot
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.lunixmonster.org
youd think bill would be used to moving around, what with all those relocations...

how about we do a West coast, east coast and south area "meets" at the same time?? that could work eh that way no one is left out (well the euros can meet too i guess)

that would be rockin  :cool:

March 22, 2005, 08:36:29 AM
Reply #51

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
Settler : That was the idea, but realistically, there's really no point in having them all happen at the same time. People will be left out no matter what, people in other regions won't be able to make their own regional meet for whatever reason (and if enough people can't make it, there's really NO point in having it there in the first place). Example: 40 people can make the LM "South" Meet on a certain date, and only 5 people can make an LM "East" Meet on the same date. Not worth having an LM "East" Meet anymore. See my point? It's MUCH easier (and more effective, IMO), to just organize regional meets seperately, and after a while (assuming they're a success), we can TRY to organize a "central" LM meet where people from every region comes together for maybe a week.

Honestly though, I'd rather open up with an east coast meet first. That way I get the experience I need to better organize the massive LM meets and perhaps aid others in starting other area meets (West, South, Euro...)

While it may happen in the future, this current meet is "geared" towards east coasters, as that's where we have the largest concentration of LMers (currently). If this isn't to anyone's satisfaction, all I can say right now is "tough luck". You'll have to wait until someone in another area takes the initiative to try and organize a meet there, or until the LM "East" meet goes through first so I can organize a meet in another region (with help from people IN that region), so future meets happen more painlessly.

Cliff Notes:
1) LM Meet - The one I'm trying to plan is "geared" towards those on the East side (though if people from other regions want to come, they're more than welcome to).
2) There's really no point in really aiming to have multiple area meets all happen at the same time. As it's EXTREMELY hard to time it right to have people in those ALL areas have the time off to make the meet (and therefore making it worthwhile to have)
3) Other area meets PROBABLY will happen in the future, just not now. Either be patient and wait for me to organize it (after LM Meet "East"), or try going at it yourself, or wait until LM Meet "East" happens and is over to get advice/tips from me.
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

March 22, 2005, 11:55:13 AM
Reply #52

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I'm ummmm, not sure sure if a meet is a good idea.  I wouldn't put THIS past most of you  o_O

March 22, 2005, 12:20:45 PM
Reply #53

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Not to worry, Diablus is spending too much time playing Fable to appear at meets.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

March 22, 2005, 01:52:44 PM
Reply #54

Settler

• Reserved Slot
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.lunixmonster.org
a "west " meet would probably consist of people in BC or people in CA :)

March 22, 2005, 02:38:21 PM
Reply #55

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
[snapback]44213[/snapback]

Captain obvious strikes again. :|
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

March 22, 2005, 02:58:35 PM
Reply #56

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
[snapback]44213[/snapback]

I was thinking of more like Australia or something.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

March 22, 2005, 04:33:15 PM
Reply #57

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
I'm ummmm, not sure sure if a meet is a good idea.  I wouldn't put THIS past most of you  o_O
[snapback]44195[/snapback]

if that's real... hahaha that's just extreme to the point of insanity.

but yeah, I dont anything short of Quebec  or maine will do for us

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

March 22, 2005, 11:43:52 PM
Reply #58

EmperorPenguin

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
The Midwest states wouldn't be too bad of a drive for me, but if we do end up going East Coast I most certainly will be hopping a plane.  Of course the costlier the trip gets, the harder it is to go.  I'd still give it a shot, it'd be great to meet my fellow LMers in the flesh.
"What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby?  Maybe we'll never know."

March 25, 2005, 03:30:20 PM
Reply #59

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I'm ummmm, not sure sure if a meet is a good idea.  I wouldn't put THIS past most of you  o_O
[snapback]44195[/snapback]
if that's real... hahaha that's just extreme to the point of insanity.
[snapback]44222[/snapback]
That's Reno 911, you silly canuck!
God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]