Author Topic: Give this guy a cookie.  (Read 9118 times)

March 21, 2005, 09:50:13 PM
Reply #40

Settler

• Reserved Slot
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.lunixmonster.org
remind me to drop a hive every now and then.

pretty accurate post tho. a lot in there is very true :)

March 27, 2005, 08:02:33 PM
Reply #41

CryForMe

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
ill give my two cents. a bunch of the folks who are regs on LM used to play on the On|E server back when it existed. most of these people know i'm the guy that was responsible for banning the whole .txt crew from the server. I had my reasons for doing it and will explain.
Most people who have seen the .txt guys play think that i might have banned for skill or hax. Wrong.
I banned them all for violating server rules and being general asshats on the server.
The main rules for the server were simple: No res whoring unless you had permission from your team to do so. If you're rines and the commander gives orders, try and follow them. No F4ing. No spawncamping for either side.
-teppla and the boys liked to come in and join up, then F4 to orchestrate a .txt teamstack. not allowed.
-any orders that the comm gave were ignored as they ramboed just to boost their scores, which they openly admitted to.
-on aliens they res whored for fade or onos regardless of what the team needed or was asking for.
-they seemed to LOVE spawncamping for 10-15 mins at a time instead of just ending the game.
-they didnt speak to anyone (except each other via teamspeak) during gameplay and when an admin broached them about violating the server rules, a beliggerant response was recieved.
Result=BANT.
Now i KNOW that those things would have earned a ban on LM, just as they did on our server. I wasnt gonna stand for blatantly breaking the rules and disrespecting the admins. I, for one, wont ban for skill, and wont ban for hax unless i get solid proof thats backed by several other people. As far as people like Civ and HD whoring for fade on a regular basis, I dont mind. Anyone who is a regular knows that its probably gonna happen, and most of the time, before HD goes fade, he asks if we'd rather have a hive dropped or need anything. Teamplay is a big issue in NS, especially since 3.0F came out. If you're doing something, benefit the team with it. Dont just play rambo because you think you can. That just makes people mad. Help the team.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 08:03:53 PM by CryForMe »
"What do I do first when I comm?"-NSPlayer(2)
"You need to build an RTFM interface."-CFM

March 28, 2005, 12:38:59 AM
Reply #42

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Last time teppla played LM he lerked the majority of the game, and the one time I caught sentry steve on he dropped a bunch of chambers and acctually tryed to orchistrate an onos rush over voice comm.

I'm not delusional, I know the .txt guys are more then capable of complete asshatism, but they mostly keep that to co games these days... and really, without talking at all, there isn't THAT much damage you can do to a co game...  I mean, I have been accused of hacking and scripting before on Co servers.  It goes both ways.

Not that I think any less of you for banning them cryfor, but they can be pretty fun to play with sometimes on the other side of the fence.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

March 28, 2005, 01:00:16 AM
Reply #43

CryForMe

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
i wouldnt doubt it, but from all that ive heard of them (ive talked to a bunch of other server owners and admins), the actions they display are pretty much the same as what i saw. i wouldnt hesitate to give them another chance, but it would be with wary eye that i did so.
"What do I do first when I comm?"-NSPlayer(2)
"You need to build an RTFM interface."-CFM