Author Topic: Rine/alien order join  (Read 2746 times)

February 24, 2005, 10:40:01 PM
Read 2746 times

SlickWill

• Skulk

• View Profile
I was just wondering how it would be recieved if a server change to make rines have the extra player in SMALL games, like 5 or less on a team.  For example, 4v.5 is actually 3 v. 5 and it's really hard to get something done as rines, because you simply don't have the firepower vs. hive/onos/fade, which is made worse by the fact that aliens get them faster, before rine upgrades can take affect due to the res system.  

In large games it doens't matter cuz rines are overpowered bastards.  :angry:  

So, what you guys think?

As always,

Peace.

February 24, 2005, 10:53:45 PM
Reply #1

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
I think it doesn't matter too much who has the extra guy, he means more equipment costs for marines, or slower res flow for aliens.
Also I see the commander is a powerful player, what with medpacks and all, and should not really be considered a 'non-player'.

Ultimately, NS was never designed for low player counts, and thus you will never 'fix' this problem.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 10:54:58 PM by A Boojum Snark »

February 25, 2005, 07:48:16 AM
Reply #2

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
A decent comm is always ready to jump out and defend base, he's not really not out of the game as much as people think.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

February 25, 2005, 04:17:14 PM
Reply #3

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
Yes, I have many time jumped out of the chair to blast away incoming hords of skulks or fades with my shotgun, shooting my pellets of justice and equality destoying the teeth of impurity, freeing alll my marines of the evil tyrant known as spawn camping.

That plus mines are the best way to get kill's as comm.

:-D

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

February 25, 2005, 09:10:20 PM
Reply #4

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
In LM I don't think it would really matter what team the extra guy would go, I probaly wouldn't alter the ending.

March 04, 2005, 11:29:11 AM
Reply #5

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Yes, I have many time jumped out of the chair to blast away incoming hords of skulks or fades with my shotgun, shooting my pellets of justice and equality destoying the teeth of impurity, freeing alll my marines of the evil tyrant known as spawn camping.

That plus mines are the best way to get kill's as comm.

:-D
[snapback]41692[/snapback]
No way!  The Turret Farm of the People provides the kills you need!  Only 5 low payments of $79.99!
God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]