Author Topic: Aiming and shooting  (Read 6996 times)

February 21, 2005, 02:26:07 PM
Reply #20

TheAdj

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
From the amount of people saying you only need to spray in the general direction of something with a HMG, it tells a lot about why HA trains die to skulks so much.
[snapback]41241[/snapback]

lol agreed.  If you think spraying is the answer to any weapon, then it explains why a lot of people are amazed at other people that actually aim.  You don't spray with any weapon, they all have a cone of fire.  Put the crosshair on or near the alien and track it as best you can.  With a HMG you can kill at least 10-15 skulks per clip if you bother to aim with it.

February 21, 2005, 03:42:25 PM
Reply #21

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
That's true that you have to aim, but somehow, I doubt that so many people here just spray with the HMG. For just about anyone on this server with an HMG, I have never killed them as a skulk unless I leapt from the side or attacked from behind. I think they just mean that they put the crosshair around the alien and spray.

February 22, 2005, 04:12:32 AM
Reply #22

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
a lot of you strafe the SAME direction while firing, EVERY fight. it can get quite predictable.
[snapback]41171[/snapback]
I strafe away from the wall, which 9 times out of 10 is left, since I ussually like to wallwalk the right side wall for some reason.  you try to predict my strafe and I can't guarentee that I won't glidejump the opposite way on you though.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

February 22, 2005, 03:14:52 PM
Reply #23

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Hey, it's better than walking in the middle of the damn hallway. I hate when people do that and I'm trying to wallstrafe or wigglewalk on the side. Oh, and I also tend to wallstrafe on the right. I think it's because I live in the US and we drive on the right.

February 23, 2005, 07:52:44 AM
Reply #24

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
WTH? When people say they "spray," they actually DON'T TRY TO PUT THE CROSSHAIR ON THE ENEMY? Wow...

February 23, 2005, 05:06:37 PM
Reply #25

Kodiac

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
LMG-  Hammer the skulk as it ocmes, then hop to one side and continue.

Pistol- AIM! small clip means that you must! (only four or five to kill a skulk....means anywhere between two and three if you hit with most of them.  Three is rare, requires lmg hax....)

Knife- Don't really have a strategy, I just try and wait for good hits......occasionally i go all berserker style and hold down the button....but that almost never works.

HMG- see lmg

GL-  ACtually, I think ff is an abuse for this gun.  with it, you can stand behind a group of heavies shooting a fade or an onos, and then put ONE grenade into them and voila! the skulks climbing all over their faceplates are now goo! [size=8](use with caution- may result in unforeseen casualties when applied by nubs)[/size]
Kodiac teh Pirate Bear
One part comm, one part cheerleader, 3 parts cuddly bear

February 23, 2005, 06:07:07 PM
Reply #26

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
I just point my xhair and press my mouse button at any opposing team member. Until the sound plays, then it goes toward the nearest person ;)  >:D

February 23, 2005, 10:31:19 PM
Reply #27

Squats

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://rinkerconsulting.com
Sometimes I find a good way to avoid "some" skulks is treat it like a matador treats a bull. As it comes at you jump sideways and turn at the last minute. Means you can continue pumping bullets into it and confuses the skulk slightly.

Plus I tend to shout in my head "olee" as I do it :)
[snapback]41238[/snapback]

OMG! I HATE it when people do this to me! Here I am trying to have dinner of marine and he keeps jumping around and I just can't seem to track him as his buddy takes careful aim and puts a damn pistol round through my ass...

Squats
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

February 23, 2005, 11:41:31 PM
Reply #28

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
GL-  ACtually, I think ff is an abuse for this gun.  with it, you can stand behind a group of heavies shooting a fade or an onos, and then put ONE grenade into them and voila! the skulks climbing all over their faceplates are now goo! [size=8](use with caution- may result in unforeseen casualties when applied by nubs)[/size]
[snapback]41488[/snapback]

If you EVER do this to me, you best be on my back with a welder.

<3 The crazy bear with a GL.

February 24, 2005, 01:42:51 AM
Reply #29

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
my marine.cfg

LOCK ON SKULK HEAD, BLAM SKULK DEAD
NEXT TARGET
LOCK ON FIRE
SKULK DEAD
NEXT TARGET
AIM THROUGH WALL AT GORG
GORG DEAD

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet

February 24, 2005, 12:11:18 PM
Reply #30

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
He isn't lying.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

February 24, 2005, 05:18:50 PM
Reply #31

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
or is he? You never know.

February 24, 2005, 05:41:41 PM
Reply #32

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
He's not, I have his config.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

February 25, 2005, 12:15:19 AM
Reply #33

EmperorPenguin

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
LMG/HMG - Point at target, fire until dead.  I still have the bad habit of not moving while firing sometimes.  Trying to axe that.

Pistol - I actually fire mine kinda slow if I'm dealing with skulks.  I want to make every shot count, because I'm likely down to my knife if I don't kill the skulk in 10.  Against anything larger or faster, I shoot like hell of course.

Shotgun - Even with the new reticles I still always try to put the target in the top right.  Old habits die hard, I guess.

GL - As long as I can bounce my shot off something, I'm happy.

Welder - Why oh why won't it kill anymore?
"What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby?  Maybe we'll never know."