Author Topic: Why I love LunixMonster  (Read 11602 times)

February 22, 2005, 09:45:43 AM
Reply #40

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
Let's all STACK TO ONE TEAM. That would surely get us banned!

We're not trying to get banned. At least that wasn't my original intention...

<.<
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

February 22, 2005, 09:56:44 AM
Reply #41

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Stacking teams, on any server, for any reason (if you actually are good) is VERY VERY bad form.

-20 meece points to anyone who thinks this is a good idea. YOu know, other server ops try and run good servers as well, you guys being, quite frankly, elitist in order to ruin other ppl's fun makes me .. not.. very happy.

PS
In other news, the skill thing, may I regale you all with.. uhm..

NS_LOST, HEAVY TRAIN, a3/w3 againnst hive 2 skulks and a fade. With LM reg stacking.. against a buncha "noobs". WITH LM regs in the train. guess who got creamed?

HD, back me up on this
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

February 22, 2005, 12:31:37 PM
Reply #42

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I only get hackused on LM, because I don't play anywhere else.

Frankly its the teamwork which makes the hackusation. On another server I'd be nsplayer15 with marginally better aim. OR WOULD I??

*cough cough*

And yes, this is over 2 years (I think??) on SunnyD and LM...
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

February 22, 2005, 12:51:08 PM
Reply #43

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
And yes, this is over 2 years (I think??) on SunnyD and LM...
[snapback]41357[/snapback]

winnar, but you needed to get a knife kill  :wacko:
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

February 22, 2005, 05:14:59 PM
Reply #44

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I'm working on it. He has to lag sometime.

February 22, 2005, 05:41:18 PM
Reply #45

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Seeing as this idea is supported by players but rejected by admins, I forfeit :)
When I think about it, really no reason to go away from LM, even for a few hours.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

February 25, 2005, 06:07:31 AM
Reply #46

SlickWill

• Skulk

• View Profile
Only reason I ever leave LM is to practice my fade or lerk skill on CO.  It's about all other servers are good for.  And although I may not get accused of hacking, I do pwn a lot more on those servers.  Like the time I went 96-3 while practice focus/leap and onos devour.  We won when a gorge sat there and spit the ENTIRE cc down.  It was rofls.

Oh yeah, only it was like 3 v. 2.  So funny and they must have hated me.  Admin probably would have perma-banned me. :p
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 06:08:17 AM by SlickWill »

February 26, 2005, 08:03:52 PM
Reply #47

CryForMe

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
So i finally get around to registering on the forums after ive been playing at LM for ages. Granted its not always under the cryforme alias, but still. I'd have to agree that playing anywhere else is pointless. The only other servers anyone will ever see me on is the NSA Combat servers, practicing my skills at dodging bullets, which i need a lot of work at, and the only reason i go there is because late late at night LM is usually empty and i get lonely. But even playing there is getting bad. As most of you know (because ive played with most of you), I suck. Really, no bones about it. But take last night for example. co_faceoff on NSA co#2. I was aliens and my WHOLE team (not kidding) rushed out and fed a waiting marine team. I was camped and parasiting away, managed to eek 2 para kills. :)
So my team respawns, and what do they do? FEED THE RINES AGAIN! So i'm at 2-0, my whole team is at 0-2. So i get cloaking, sneak around behind the rine team and eat 3 or 4 without much trouble. Focus comes next, followed by celerity. So uberskulking it up, i bring my score to 25-4. Completely unheard of for me, but i rolled with it. I went fade after  gathering enough points for redemp and carapace and resumed whacking the marine team. Then the rines got smart and rushed the hive. Needless to say, we lost. 49-11 was my final. Next highest on my team was 11-26. Its a sad state of affairs when i can rout like that.
But as for LM, everyone that plays there is a friendly bunch for the most part. I enjoy watching HD hax everyone, helping MrBill relocate to the strangest places (i once saw an attempt to relocate to the water tunnel under feedwater...boy was that bad), and watching DHP regulate on people, as he did last night (thats another story altogether).  I'm not forgetting the rest of you, but this is already a rant and my carpal tunnel is kicking in. I'll see you all in game. :)
"What do I do first when I comm?"-NSPlayer(2)
"You need to build an RTFM interface."-CFM

February 27, 2005, 11:33:22 AM
Reply #48

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Bill is losing his touch. Last game we relocated to observation in Bast, when clearly Drill was the place to be.

February 27, 2005, 11:37:34 AM
Reply #49

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
can relocate to the pit anymore :( but I do love obersvation brige

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

March 02, 2005, 10:18:55 AM
Reply #50

attrition

• Lerker

• View Profile
Ah, you just had a bad shot of luck. There are other servers out there with a respectable player base.

Advertising = bad.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 10:54:31 AM by Lightning Blue »

March 02, 2005, 10:34:20 AM
Reply #51

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
In downtime, FR31NS can be good, when people are actually on it, and when admins can clear out the llamas. TG is a good community, but there are few others. YO clan can be fun, but I know what our euro players feel playing across the big lake. All in all, LM is great for pubbers who want to have good games, even if I am getting more and more frustrated with some things (another thread if needed). In short, there are few, and I mean VERY FEW servers out there that have any skill level and community that makes it enjoyable. I'm glad you guys like LM so much, but let's remember to respect other communities in the same way we'd expect them to treat us. I play on random pubs when LM is empty, or I want to test the waters to see what other servers are out there, but invariably I come back. NS 3.0 b6/final will bring a new influx of players, so let's make sure our community is welcoming to new players, and still fun to play with.

ONly negative, I wish we had a 24/7 HidenSeek server.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

March 02, 2005, 10:56:59 AM
Reply #52

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
I don't care if you meantion other communities but keep the blatant advertising out please. :p
To the stars!

insert witty line here

March 02, 2005, 04:56:27 PM
Reply #53

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I like it cause the skulks die in 20 bullets even with 150 ping!  >:D

Oh and some of the people are nice  <3

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet

March 03, 2005, 08:07:44 AM
Reply #54

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
ONly negative, I wish we had a 24/7 HidenSeek server.
[snapback]42086[/snapback]

Someone really likes hide 'n' seek! You always want it at late night games, during reg nights, and now you want a dedicated server :D
You maniac.

But when I think about it... it would be incredibly fun. Maybe a LM fun server, running all these weird game types and maps?:D
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

March 03, 2005, 08:28:05 AM
Reply #55

SlickWill

• Skulk

• View Profile
I don't think a fun server would ever be full, tbh.  Hate to burst the bubble.  I can't play on other servers anymore because they alwys do dcs first, which can be nice, but the advantage of being able to movement rush is SOOOOOOOOOO powerful, I don't know, it rubs me wrong when teams do that.

March 03, 2005, 08:58:54 AM
Reply #56

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Well the fun server idea wasn't really serious, now that I think about it. There are plenty of other servers out there in case someone wants to play siege (ewwww) or whatever.

March 03, 2005, 11:02:55 AM
Reply #57

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I imagine somewhere around .01% of the NS servers out there is run with such a large and active serve admin community. It's rare because it takes a TON of work. So appreciate LM, it's a rarity.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

March 04, 2005, 04:57:55 AM
Reply #58

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
I imagine somewhere around .01% of the NS servers out there is run with such a large and active serve admin community. It's rare because it takes a TON of work. So appreciate LM, it's a rarity.
[snapback]42278[/snapback]
I've seen as large and active admin groups before... but I have never seen them remain so successfully unabusive.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

March 04, 2005, 04:59:57 PM
Reply #59

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
[snapback]42278[/snapback]
I've seen as large and active admin groups before... but I have never seen them remain so successfully unabusive.
[snapback]42360[/snapback]
Sorry, I guess I should note, large, active, fair, articulate, knowledgeable[sic], open admin team.
-Richard Feynman