Author Topic: Training!  (Read 3130 times)

January 29, 2005, 04:16:24 AM
Read 3130 times

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
A few clans have started running new teams with the idea of training them up and teaching them about competitive NS. I don't know if any this is anyones cup of tea but the program is aimed at people who want to get better at NS and are interested in getting into competitive NS - no previous experience is necessary.

http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index....showtopic=86904 - A program being ran by xensity, runners up CAL delta last season

http://esports.ampednews.com/?page=forums&tid=5564 - Program being ran by reflect, CAL omega champions last season

Maybe a few folk here would be interested, who knows. Couldn't hurt to post :)

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet

January 29, 2005, 04:27:50 AM
Reply #1

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
The xensity one already turned me down, I don't quite know what they were looking for, but apparently I'm not it :p
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

January 29, 2005, 06:56:28 AM
Reply #2

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
This reminds me of that time I was in a Silver Band. They taught me to play an instrument, then made me join the actual band.

So rather than just training, it was a recruitment program. You were told what instrument you would play, and then how to play it, and then you had to join the band.

Training program looks nice, tho I'm not too sure how many will be attracted by wanting to improve in NS AND are interested in competitive NS.

There's a whole separate side topic which arises from training programs, but instead I'll just say best of luck to anyone who tries for it.

Swifty - Were you interested in competitive NS?
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

January 29, 2005, 04:12:05 PM
Reply #3

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Ya, I want to get into the scene.  I'm not increadibly caught up in being the best and winning nonstop, but I think I'd like to help out the dying NS clan scene as much as I can anyways.

[edit]reading over the thread a bit closer it sounds like I may not nessicarily have been looked over, but just that they don't have all thier slots filled yet and they can't start up.  I'll update you guys if there is any news.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 06:00:58 PM by SwiftSpear »
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

January 30, 2005, 07:54:28 AM
Reply #4

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
I would hook up if I could make practices. I just got a job, and school and everything else kind of locks out my schedule.

January 30, 2005, 04:17:50 PM
Reply #5

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Leg, you might want to try hooking up with a player for freestyle one-on-one skills. It shouldn't be hard to find a fellow LM monkey who can show you how to lerk, fade, or comm.

Good luck with the training then Swifty, hope you get it.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater