Author Topic: Pharmacutical Drugs  (Read 4886 times)

January 28, 2005, 12:22:13 PM
Read 4886 times

@gentOrange

• Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
I'm at work thursday when suddenly I start coughing up flem with the pain of a thousand daggers to boot. I go home and try to get some rest. Head starts pounding and my sinsuses plug up.

I know I'll just take some good ole pills and neocitron to cure my stuffy nose and I'll feel much better. WRONG! These things have NEVER worked for me in the past and I don't know why I thought I could trust them now. But it's a load of quack phooey.

Anyone else seem to find that pills are garbage and don't work? Or have any home remedies for a stuffy nose besides chugging hot sauce?
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 28kb - DHP

January 28, 2005, 01:09:45 PM
Reply #1

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
try breathing some steam,

I take adderal on a purportedly regular schedule, and I've taken ritalin since I was 4 (diagnosed with adhd @ 3 1/2)

I never noticed the effects of the medicine, but for some reasons I would *always* get in trouble if I forgot to take it...

pills will usually have an effect unless they are placebos, in that case it's just sugar, but the human body can be tricked by placebos into thinking it's something thats working.

how about tylenol sinus, if that doesn't work, and you have chronic stuffy noses talk to your doctor and make the jump to prescription decongestants, those will work.
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

January 28, 2005, 01:40:17 PM
Reply #2

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
try breathing some steam
[snapback]39438[/snapback]
A great way to do this is by heating up a few potatoes (uncooked) to a high temperature. Plain water doesn't work too well, as it will cool down very quickly. With potatoes, you put them and your head under a cover and simply breathe the air, or steam if you put the potatoes in water. At first, this will be difficult and the hot steam/air will be burning your lungs. After it gets to a semi-tolerable temperature, you can breathe at normal speeds and inhale completely. This should relieve a stuffy nose.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

January 28, 2005, 02:43:10 PM
Reply #3

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
chug hot sauce, drink fluids, go to sleep.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

January 29, 2005, 08:15:43 AM
Reply #4

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Sleeping it off is always a good idea. Good ol' acethylic is also good (that's aspirin), but some people object to it either on principle or because it doesn't agree with their stomach. It doesn't actually cure something, but it takes away much of the discomfort inherent to the healing process. I also seem to remember that it drives down fever, which may or may not be a good thing, depending on the situation. A quick call to the doctor's for some advice (which will most likely be bedrest) probably couldn't hurt, either.

January 29, 2005, 10:10:46 AM
Reply #5

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
You might have taken so many drugs that the colds can bet em type of thing, but I dont know about that.

BUT, I know that if you have a cold and are tired of a clogde nose, heres a few ways to fix this:

Sniffing coffee beens, It sometimes helps clear sinuses, and has a great smell while doing so.

Taken a shot of the strongest moonshine you have. It will basicly clear you up, and burn ANYTHING thats in your throat on the way down.

and soup, as everyone knows, melts all the snot in your nose instantly.  uncloging it for sometime.

Moonshine would work the best. :)

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

January 29, 2005, 11:19:06 AM
Reply #6

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
"blue Sudafed" is what i call it.

Anytime i get sinus problems i head for the Blue Sudafed gelcapsule thingies.

those work way better than anything ive ever had.

January 29, 2005, 11:39:22 AM
Reply #7

DruBo

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• Personal Text
    Back in Beige
    • View Profile
Dab a little wasabi on your upper lip, just below your nostrils.

January 29, 2005, 04:34:17 PM
Reply #8

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
Snort Wasabi. That'll clear your sinuses right up. All the time.
[size=8]
(Edit: I take no responsibility if you sniff wasabi and something goes wrong. This is the internet. And you're not supposed to take me seriously. Especially me. I mean, seriously, when have I ever talked about Wasabi and not mention sex? It boggles the mind! P.S. Snorting wasabi burns like HELL. So if you do snort it, snort a VERY small amount and be prepared to die.)[/size]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 04:35:05 PM by Zero7 »
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

January 29, 2005, 05:42:11 PM
Reply #9

@gentOrange

• Fade

• View Profile
Bill wins. The quickest and most fun home remedy was taking shots. I made a game out of it. Any time I take a shot. I have to take a shot.

I feel great!
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 28kb - DHP

January 31, 2005, 03:09:29 PM
Reply #10

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Snort Wasabi. That'll clear your sinuses right up. All the time.
[size=8]
(Edit: I take no responsibility if you sniff wasabi and something goes wrong. This is the internet. And you're not supposed to take me seriously. Especially me. I mean, seriously, when have I ever talked about Wasabi and not mention sex? It boggles the mind! P.S. Snorting wasabi burns like HELL. So if you do snort it, snort a VERY small amount and be prepared to die.)[/size]
[snapback]39546[/snapback]
^^

seen the jackass the movie skit where he does 2 lines of wasabi?

bad times

oh, AO, your drinking game wins
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.

January 31, 2005, 03:41:10 PM
Reply #11

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Horseradish is evil.

Anyhow, I usually just steam my nose if it gets really clogged. Sure, it'll run like hell and look pretty nasty, but its clearing the crap out the door as opposed to ferrying it back down the throat.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

January 31, 2005, 06:06:17 PM
Reply #12

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
If you have a lot of liquid snot in your nose, and your near a sink, here's an effective (yet really disturbing ) way to get rid of some of it.

Youve all caughed up flem before I assum (green stuff from the throat). All you need to do, is snort all the snot you can from you nose, into your throat, this is where most people swallow, BUT NO NO! don't swallow it! caugh it up like you would flem and spit it into an appropriat place at your own leisure. This is not the type of thing you try to do in public, but if your in a private area, or alone outside, this helps keep things clear for a while till you can get to a kleen x box or what not.

I'd suggest being ready to spit, because holding that stuff in your mouth is just not  a cool feeling. :-D

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

January 31, 2005, 09:00:25 PM
Reply #13

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
Did I mention am going to be a pharmacists. I could be the one at the counter one day.

February 01, 2005, 03:58:24 AM
Reply #14

SgtFury

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
For a natural way to clear your nose get some methol crystals and small amount in a bowl and put your head over it with a towel over your head. Should clear your head a treat if the smell doesnt overpower u :)

But I would prefer the alcohol route myself, problem is the next day usually you feel worst than before.

February 01, 2005, 09:45:14 AM
Reply #15

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Did I mention am going to be a pharmacists. I could be the one at the counter one day.
[snapback]39706[/snapback]

ogzm I'm so bringing in a bunch of perfectly forged prescriptions and walking away with an sload of vicodin, codene, some testosterone patches and any other cool parmacological drugs :lol:

lf: Testosterone is spelled with an o, not an e. My precious innocence. >_<
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 10:34:38 AM by lolfighter »

February 01, 2005, 07:15:49 PM
Reply #16

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
My Irish grandparents learned from a very young age that a stiff hot toddy cures all ails. And it tastes yummy if you can ignore Irish whiskey.

February 02, 2005, 02:51:12 PM
Reply #17

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Which is why you don't use Irish filth, use the good Scottish stuff. I speak as a man from the island, so trust me when I say kilty stuff is better for this sort of thing.

February 02, 2005, 04:36:52 PM
Reply #18

Keyser59

• Gorge

• View Profile
If you have a lot of liquid snot in your nose, and your near a sink, here's an effective (yet really disturbing ) way to get rid of some of it.

Youve all caughed up flem before I assum (green stuff from the throat). All you need to do, is snort all the snot you can from you nose, into your throat, this is where most people swallow, BUT NO NO! don't swallow it! caugh it up like you would flem and spit it into an appropriat place at your own leisure. This is not the type of thing you try to do in public, but if your in a private area, or alone outside, this helps keep things clear for a while till you can get to a kleen x box or what not.

I'd suggest being ready to spit, because holding that stuff in your mouth is just not  a cool feeling. :-D
[snapback]39697[/snapback]

How is swallowing it different from spitting it out? Instead of flem digesting in your stomach, its lying on the ground in front of you?

February 03, 2005, 12:03:34 PM
Reply #19

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
It doesnt digest in your stomach, it just coats your throat with the rest of all the snot and boogers. Thats what its for, lubrication.