Author Topic: Highlights!  (Read 5380 times)

January 19, 2005, 03:50:24 PM
Read 5380 times

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
I'd thought it'd be neat if we just had a thread were if we had a moment in ns, that just made you feel like "daaaaamn.  that was cool." Let it be a combination of sounds, attacks or something else.

Like, for example, Yesterday I was playing on ns with Ness, (ness being key in this story) we were aliens, and sucking it up hardcore type of game for us aliens. So, some guy goes onos and starts attacking MS (1 hive 3 dcs) and they have hmgs/ha.  So, I'm gorge and minding my own business setting up dcs in double vents, I just drop one and then I hear them talking on mic "Ness: Twich, get out of there! *hmg gun fire* Their beaconing *Beacon sirond* Get out of there! *more gun shots, from many players*" And I gotta tell yeah, hearing that while that beacon sound is going off, and a bunch of guns are shooting at I don't know what, was the most awsome thing  Ive heard on mic before, EVER. (ness's mic caught his speakers sound) Then you see twich dead by hmg, and ness's mic I could still hear gunfire. I don't think Ill forget that moment. Thanks ness, you made that game worth playing :-D

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

January 19, 2005, 04:07:27 PM
Reply #1

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Well I have several great experiences playing NS, and all of them were on Lunixmonster! :)
* 2_of_8 huggles server
Ok. Anyway. The latest one was yesterday, on ns_origin. I was a stock Marine; plain LMG with 50/32, near the Biodome hive (I was in Power Core, precisely). I was pretty good that night, I racked up about 30 kills, only a few deaths. This was about 7 minutes in the game, I was about to get a phase gate up to take down the hive. Commander was about to drop a phase gate, but then I hear an Onos hatching sound. I think, maybe it was my imagination, and clear the comm to drop the phase. In a second, I hear the sound of an Onos running, just down the corridor from me. Commander doesn't drop phase, thankfully. I proceed to run away from the Onos, facing away from him (for more speed). He was about to devour me, but missed a few times. Just at the last second, I jump down into a vent right near Xenoform Research. Onos follows me, but he cannot reach me already - I'm deep in the vent. Wow, that was scary! :) One of, if not THE scariest experience I've had in NS! But then a lerk got me, within seconds :(

Another best experience was on Christmas eve, in ns_hera readyroom! We all sung "YMCA", professionally played using HLSS by ME! :p That was great. Everyone was singing and dancing :) And there's a demo of that available, I'm pretty sure most of us have it.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

January 19, 2005, 04:29:51 PM
Reply #2

bacon_flaps

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
2 hour scrim I played in 1.04, ns_caged.  Was literally back and forth the entire game, at one point we were down to only me as a fade and a clanmate as gorge.  The game had a really epic feel to it that I've yet to experience again.  Eventually we lost to ye olde HMG/JP combo (since the bastardly things did full damage to structures back then).

Yes, I used to be a clanner ;D
signature

January 19, 2005, 05:35:41 PM
Reply #3

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
Well I have several great experiences playing NS, and all of them were on Lunixmonster! :)
* 2_of_8 huggles server
Ok. Anyway. The latest one was yesterday, on ns_origin. I was a stock Marine; plain LMG with 50/32, near the Biodome hive (I was in Power Core, precisely). I was pretty good that night, I racked up about 30 kills, only a few deaths. This was about 7 minutes in the game, I was about to get a phase gate up to take down the hive. Commander was about to drop a phase gate, but then I hear an Onos hatching sound. I think, maybe it was my imagination, and clear the comm to drop the phase. In a second, I hear the sound of an Onos running, just down the corridor from me. Commander doesn't drop phase, thankfully. I proceed to run away from the Onos, facing away from him (for more speed). He was about to devour me, but missed a few times. Just at the last second, I jump down into a vent right near Xenoform Research. Onos follows me, but he cannot reach me already - I'm deep in the vent. Wow, that was scary! :) One of, if not THE scariest experience I've had in NS! But then a lerk got me, within seconds :(

Another best experience was on Christmas eve, in ns_hera readyroom! We all sung "YMCA", professionally played using HLSS by ME! :p That was great. Everyone was singing and dancing :) And there's a demo of that available, I'm pretty sure most of us have it.
[snapback]38836[/snapback]

I believe that was me. You were a quick one...but you will be mine next time. I've also had experiences like the ones above, most of them were running away feelings. Having your back turned to a onos while you run is the most tingly feeling you can get.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 05:37:49 PM by IntensityRising »

January 19, 2005, 07:23:45 PM
Reply #4

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Yep, that was you IR :)
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

January 19, 2005, 09:55:24 PM
Reply #5

CorvusX

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Mine strats actually winning.

January 20, 2005, 02:05:46 AM
Reply #6

SgtFury

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Sometimes the greatest NS moments are those that make you laugh and just can`t stop.  :D  

I remember 1 game on nancy and we were looking into mess hall the aliens had 2 hives and there was a skulk at the other end of the room and a gorge in there with it buiding ocs. The skulk decides to leap at us just at the same time as the gorge decides to close the door. The timing was brilliant and caught the skulk mid leap  :D
Then the doors open again and the skulk is there squashed between them. I think voice comms was on for all because you could hear the guy who was the skulk ranting and raving about it and we just found it hilarious!

January 20, 2005, 05:27:29 AM
Reply #7

Tooky

• Gorge

• View Profile
I remember one game in origin where our base had just been raped and I was running towards the Furnace hive and I kept peeking over my shoulder for skulks. I remember Decimator and I think Holy_Devil being on my team, cheering lol, and then 2 skulks come for me, mind you I had barely no ammo, take them out, then a third pops out, knife ftw, then a fourth got pistol whipped, woot only to jump into the lava for a moral victory. We were all rofling.

Can't forget the good old Hide & Seek games.  ^_^

January 20, 2005, 08:36:13 AM
Reply #8

johnjacobjingle

• Gorge

• View Profile
i've got a good rofl moment for ya'll

i was playing on mineshaft, i don't remember when, it was a while ago; neither do i remember players.  HOWEVER!  the aliens had 2 hives, I was commanding, so, although the aliens had 2 hives, i had convinced my marines it was a good idea to take a lot of res nodes, not worry about the hives right away.  i get a phase gate outside their hive at sewer, beacon the team, and they all run in.  here i am thinking to myself, "alright hive down."  NO SIR!  NOT TODAY!  i look back and there's one guy left crouching behind the hive in that little hole.  i tell him to knife away, expecting him to die.  NO!  the aliums can't find him at first, then a fade finds him, goes down the hole on top of him.  at this point i start dropping med packs and cat packs all over this poor marine's head.  i tell the reast of my marines to get through to help out asap.  NOPE!  they get slaughtered....not one shot was pointed toward the hive.  knifer's still there, happily knifing away while his head gets sliced in half by a fade, only to have it put back together by magical nanites.  long story short, fade stays on top of him trying to kill him, he keeps knifing the hive, hive dies, fades gets shirtguned by a marine who phased in and the knifer SURVIVES!

i spent the next 5 minutes on the floor laughing.  they had to eject me to get something done, asal turned on his Mic so the whole team could hear that i wasn't just being an ass and that i couldn't stop(this just helped to fuel my laughter).  we ended up losing the game because while this was happening they got the other hive up.  but it was certainly a moral victory for me!

aka "mary"  thanks to Mr. Bill.
aka "let me stab your face"  if i'm feeling like starting a knife brigade or 3
"Drop Bill at JHunz. Build Bill, research relocation upgrade. WIN!" -necrosis...wow

January 20, 2005, 12:16:13 PM
Reply #9

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
I'll add a longer one later, but I was onos on origin, going up the elevator in Cargo with another onos when he got crushed by the ceiling, -1 onos. Then, IN THE SAME GAME, another onos followed me into THE SAME elevator, killed him too. I was rolling on the floor laughing so hard that I TK'ed two of my teammates, both onos, both completely by accident, on the SAME elevator...

Oh, and I guess one more. Marines had a PG TF in cargo (double node) on origin, aliens had three hives. Marines were teched out with HA, and I was HA covering the room. We was slaughtering any alien that entered, and no matter how many skulks rushed, We wouldn't let them get to the PG. Now with reinforcements due to the failed rush, the marines looked as if they were going to walk on vent, and the aliens all fought furiously. one Xeno'd in the room, killing two marines, then it happened. I was blown along with another HA under the elevator as it came down... Two dead HA.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

January 20, 2005, 12:56:38 PM
Reply #10

Loke The Sleek Peruvian

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I remember playing a game in mineshaft, I was in the marine team. We had HMGs and pushing into Tram which was the last hive. So I spawn and start making my way to the hive, when MT show a pair of aliens who are in a vent. Then I walk over to said vent and start aiming at it, I hear building, of course I'm thinking there must be gorges building DCs. I walk back to my base and ask the comm for a GL, he gives it to me and I start walking back to that vent. I take aim, fire and kill lolfighter, Isamil and two other guys with one grenade. It seems that they were trying to get those two other guys to stop moving but they wouldn't listen...well I just couldn't stop laughing  :lol: .

I am Sleek.

Are you?

Only in peru would you consider being closer to satan 'winning'... INCA HAX FOR THE WIN!

January 20, 2005, 01:19:43 PM
Reply #11

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    Now with 100% less angst!
    • STEAM_0:0:15737634
    • View Profile
I remember my epic battles againt ayatollah in 1.04 on the KIR server.
Me and my mad gorge skills against aya and his mad comm skills.
These battles defined epic. I remember holding the great viaduct for the LONGEST time against his 4 marines with GLs. Just one gorge, with 4 DCs, 4 OCs and a hive. Eventually he had to siege to beat me. Those games are what I miss in NS. No longer is the gorge a noble class that demands respect. D:
oh well, those days are long gone.

January 20, 2005, 01:37:42 PM
Reply #12

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
When We Ejected the comm (Nooblet) out of the CC at the "almost end" of a game before our 30 seiges owned the poor aliens and slain him with out weapons  >:D  <3

there is nothing more fun the ejecting a comm out of the CC when they put their heart, blood and soul into the game and murder him with the weapons he dropepd you :p
« Last Edit: January 20, 2005, 01:38:28 PM by Diablus »

January 20, 2005, 02:15:41 PM
Reply #13

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
When We Ejected the comm (Nooblet) out of the CC at the "almost end" of a game before our 30 seiges owned the poor aliens and slain him with out weapons  >:D  <3

there is nothing more fun the ejecting a comm out of the CC when they put their heart, blood and soul into the game and murder him with the weapons he dropepd you :p
[snapback]38902[/snapback]

That was just an hour ago or so :D I was there.
Poor nooblet.

Looks like rad is fascinated with the elevators' killing power!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2005, 02:16:05 PM by 2_of_8 »

January 20, 2005, 02:23:01 PM
Reply #14

Isamil

• Onos

• View Profile
This happend today and was incredibly funny.
We(marines) were losing on ns_nancy.  So as usual I'm trying to run out of base and hide.  Comm bacons and I run out through the door that takes you to mother interface.    I run into subspace, no hive but an RT with an MC next to it.  Desperate to find a hiding spot, I jump on the MC and hop inside the RT(its not hard, theres plenty of room in there).  So everyones dead expect me and aliens run into subspace.  They run around the hive and don't see me(the marine spectators tell me my head was sticking out of the RT).  They really just ran around the RT until finally a gorge saw me.  I killed the gorge and a fade got me.  Truly a case of really blind aliens.

January 20, 2005, 02:47:09 PM
Reply #15

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
They really just ran around the RT until finally a gorge saw me.  I killed the gorge and a fade got me.  Truly a case of really blind aliens.

A bit off topic, but nothing gives me greater satisfaction than running past a hiding marine, letting him think he's escaped, then coming back and killing him. That or camp him until he comes out (without him knowing it)
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

January 20, 2005, 04:17:07 PM
Reply #16

Tooky

• Gorge

• View Profile
Also happened today: We were losing on ns_hera and last men standing were fatty (hiding in the archiving hive) and Sgt.Fury as comm. While an onos & the usual crowd were ripping the base apart, Fury does a beacon. I and 2 others land near the landing pad where the onos had just taken out the node. We ran towards him, gun blazing and  he tries to stomp us but we were too dispersed. I make my way to the right of him and he spots me and I pull out my knife, he misses with his gore as I slash him  but he rushed forward as much as possible, my knockback was too powerful and I seized the moral victory as my last slash dropped the onos in too the dark pit. gg

January 20, 2005, 07:42:55 PM
Reply #17

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
They really just ran around the RT until finally a gorge saw me.  I killed the gorge and a fade got me.  Truly a case of really blind aliens.

A bit off topic, but nothing gives me greater satisfaction than running past a hiding marine, letting him think he's escaped, then coming back and killing him. That or camp him until he comes out (without him knowing it)
[snapback]38911[/snapback]

Bahaha! I'll have to try that when my WoW addiction has subsided.

January 20, 2005, 09:04:47 PM
Reply #18

Ulatoh

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/user=starvingpoet
man i've got quite a few.

my favorite alltime game of NS was, i believe it was caged, regstack on both teams.  we were having a silly game, and the entire marine team was in ha and standing on the railing near the pit looking in at an LA who was standing on a mine.  I think it was H_D and i, but we couldnt resist, and xeno'd them, knocking approx 6 marines into the pit.  gg

another good one was a game of ip roulette on lost, oh god...  there were soooo many ips in ms, you were GUARANTEED to be telefragged walking accross.

or, another fav, prolly second.  Aliens, HA/HMG pg rush on a hive, back when aliens could use the pg's.  all the marines phase through, i do too ;)  went to their base, and killed the pg, and every structure in base ftw!
Virus removed.
Your sig pic contained naughty language. Removed. -lolfighter
I never had a sig pic :p
Then where'd that picture come from?
Nanites.

January 20, 2005, 09:15:43 PM
Reply #19

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
I remember way back, on LM (or perhaps some previous version, I can't remember anymore). Everyone was feeling bored and down, so we had some fun times. Like, I remember playing a game or two with the gravity down low. Everyone glowing different colours (me being pink, of course). And even some fun in the RR. Screenshots were had and there was even a post in the NS Forums regarding them. Some of you were there. I can't exactly recall who, but I know some of the community was there when we did that.
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!