Author Topic: Keep Better Watch Over The Servers  (Read 5738 times)

January 01, 2004, 06:15:52 PM
Read 5738 times

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
i havent seen alot of admins watching over the server(s) tonight, it turns out there was a wallhacker AND a aimbotter, both which were on my team i did not in fact get thier woinds but i will not say the names, heres just a reminder theyll prob be back i suggest u keep a better watch because many people left the game and it became boring o_O

January 01, 2004, 11:14:10 PM
Reply #1

JHunz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
If you see someone you think is hacking, tell us about it (via the IRC channel, for instance).  Just saying "there's some hackers and they may be back but I can't identify them" doesn't help much.
"We have plenty of youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

January 02, 2004, 09:43:07 AM
Reply #2

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
It helps the only admins that could watch over have to have rcon, due to lack of metamod support

January 02, 2004, 02:51:19 PM
Reply #3

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Not a lot of rcon admins around (nope, I don't have rcon. Can't help you). Add to that the fact that there's a lot of servers to spread ourselves across, and us poor admins have lots of work to do. I'll be back soon I hope.

January 02, 2004, 05:24:51 PM
Reply #4

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
If you see someone you think is hacking, tell us about it (via the IRC channel, for instance).  Just saying "there's some hackers and they may be back but I can't identify them" doesn't help much.
indeed, it does actually work, saying that alerts admins and keeps them AWARE of the server

January 02, 2004, 06:04:31 PM
Reply #5

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
But it would also help to grab the IDs of the person(s) in question, because without those its as easy as a quick name change to become an entirely new person on the servers.