Author Topic: interview with a radical  (Read 5615 times)

December 01, 2004, 01:07:33 AM
Reply #20

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    Now with 100% less angst!
    • STEAM_0:0:15737634
    • View Profile
you always need a bit of randomness in your life.
else it be stale and boring :p
it was actually prompted by these guys coming into LM spamming that fugwhitepeople.com link all over the place.
I banned one, and he pmed me, and here we are discussing (or at least trying to) the evils of coroporate america.
not that hard to put together is it? :p

December 01, 2004, 07:06:47 AM
Reply #21

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
That I dont get. He sounds like a young male at about 13?

December 01, 2004, 10:49:45 AM
Reply #22

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
That I dont get. He sounds like a young male at about 13?
[snapback]34770[/snapback]
Yeah... starting a serious discussion thread about this probably wasn't served well by that quoted conversation.
God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]

December 01, 2004, 11:32:41 AM
Reply #23

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
whatever, the conversation is just a silly nub frothing at the mouth, its sheerly for entertainment purposes, and an example, if you have ideas, you should make em coherent and not derrogatory :p
please ignore it really. Some people wanted to see it, and there it is.

December 01, 2004, 02:15:48 PM
Reply #24

Insane

• Lerker

• View Profile
Elftor is a hero!
fall with the stars...

December 01, 2004, 08:16:57 PM
Reply #25

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
He may have made comments regarding corporate America, Vinnie, but he didn't bring up the points that you did, which leads me to say you're giving him too much credit. It's easy to say there are problems with something, having other people fill in what they think you mean (even when you don't mean anything) can make anyone look like a genious. If he had made any of those points himself, I might be more inclined to think he actually has any real maturity in him.

December 01, 2004, 08:39:35 PM
Reply #26

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
He may have made comments regarding corporate America, Vinnie, but he didn't bring up the points that you did, which leads me to say you're giving him too much credit. It's easy to say there are problems with something, having other people fill in what they think you mean (even when you don't mean anything) can make anyone look like a genious. If he had made any of those points himself, I might be more inclined to think he actually has any real maturity in him.
[snapback]34868[/snapback]

When exactly did saying that fat white men ruined our lives become an intelligent thing to say?  Michael Moore is no better than those swine.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 08:40:45 PM by Dubb »

December 01, 2004, 09:01:21 PM
Reply #27

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
dubb, it became inteligent when IT HAPPENED.
did you not hear of enron? how about Tycho? Martha Stewart? any of those ring a bell?
they all screwed over their investors and america in one way or another.
face it, corporations suck. :p
(note the last comment is a broad over generalization)
and yes, that guy whos log I posted IS a nutter.

December 01, 2004, 09:28:22 PM
Reply #28

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
dubb, it became inteligent when IT HAPPENED.
did you not hear of enron? how about Tycho? Martha Stewart? any of those ring a bell?
they all screwed over their investors and america in one way or another.
face it, corporations suck. :p
(note the last comment is a broad over generalization)
and yes, that guy whos log I posted IS a nutter.
[snapback]34876[/snapback]

I'm just being a jerk.  Of course the multinationals suck.  

Just realize that there are much worse things in the world.  Heard of the stuff going down in the Ivory Coast?  Ukraine?  Brazil?  I'd rather lose my money than lose my life to some stone-cold warlord :(

December 02, 2004, 03:28:03 PM
Reply #29

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Just realize that there are much worse things in the world.  Heard of the stuff going down in the Ivory Coast?  Ukraine?  Brazil?  I'd rather lose my money than lose my life to some stone-cold warlord :(
[snapback]34877[/snapback]

YOU KNOW something is bad when the only way you can make it seem better is by contrasting it to sociopathic genocidal maniacs.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

December 03, 2004, 08:12:18 AM
Reply #30

Crispy

• Skulk

• View Profile
OK some derogatory words for white people:

Honkies (the 70s response to and white equivalent of the N word)
Rednecks (used more and more to represent stupid or racist white people, far from its original meaning)
Wiggas (a white guy who has black mannerisms, or who takes an interest in black culture)
Whitetrash (economically substandard white people, a term which has more and more relevance as the US feels the economical backlash of the war while also experiencing  higher unemployment rates)

The only reason we don't take offense at these is because they are mere words which don't hold any other meanings. Whereas nigger (if you edit my post for saying that word in an intelligent debate then I'll never stop laughing) harks back to times where black people where bought and traded as not simply a lower class but a lower form of life. This is why the word has so much power because there is bitter historical truth in its origins, which will be ever present as long as we keep reminding ourselves of that fact.

Comments like "Corporate White America just ^^s people over" reinforces the concept of black people not holding positions of power. It's better not to refer to race or colour in any way when talking about their perceived role in society because it perpetuates a (perhaps long-gone) motif. It's not unlike the section in Bowling for Columbine where MM highlights the fact that the generic young, black male gets blamed for crimes he hasn't commited.

I do think that the US needs to start looking after its internal issues before going on any more crusades that only benefit the country as a whole and not its many citizens, but perhaps that's better left to another debate where I don't have to risk being banned or flamed for my opinions...
A lovely thing to see:
through the paper window's hole,
the Galaxy.

December 04, 2004, 09:18:52 AM
Reply #31

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
[...]nigger (if you edit my post for saying that word in an intelligent debate then I'll never stop laughing)[...]
[snapback]35059[/snapback]
Curses, this is SO tempting... Think he'd suffocatem or pop like a balloon?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 09:19:07 AM by lolfighter »

December 04, 2004, 06:12:26 PM
Reply #32

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
[...]nigger (if you edit my post for saying that word in an intelligent debate then I'll never stop laughing)[...]
[snapback]35059[/snapback]
Curses, this is SO tempting... Think he'd suffocatem or pop like a balloon?
[snapback]35163[/snapback]

whatg?

B)

December 05, 2004, 11:08:46 AM
Reply #33

Crispy

• Skulk

• View Profile
Nein, das ist nicht gut Mutti

I think I could still breath if I managed to pull off a drawn out mule laugh... :mellow:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 11:09:54 AM by Crispy »
A lovely thing to see:
through the paper window's hole,
the Galaxy.