Author Topic: The Story  (Read 4488 times)

November 29, 2004, 06:27:19 PM
Reply #20

degamer106

• Lerker

• View Profile
maybe the g in g-man stands for gordon or something.

November 29, 2004, 11:02:07 PM
Reply #21

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://
If so... were Race X units in HL1 considerably... Combine Units?

(not literally their own units, but elite Xen forces combined with biotechnology and mechanics?)
[snapback]34528[/snapback]
Race X, I'm assuming you mean from Opposing Force, may or may not be considered an official part of the story. The was gearbox and not Valve, so they can pretty much choose to include it or completely ignore it. That said, I'd love to see an HL2 expansion with Corporal Shepard.  :D

maybe the g in g-man stands for gordon or something.
[snapback]34535[/snapback]
"G-man" is just the model name, a nickname that stuck. The real name of the character has never been divulged. And I've heard theories along the lines of 'OMGZ maybe G-man is Gordon from TEH FUTURE!!!' but I seriously doubt it. To me the G-man seems to be acting as a representative of a much greater force that is, for one reason or another, opposed to the Combine forces (maybe for domination of the whole universe, who knows?) and prefers to work from the shadows instead of come out and fight for themselves. Gordon is an example of this work. However, I seriously doubt that the G-man's people or 'employers' or whatever have humanity's best interests at heart. The liberation of Xen and of Earth from Combine control was likely just a nice side effect to them striking a blow at their Combine enemies. I get the feeling that if the G-man's side ever found their desires opposing those of humanity, they wouldn't hesitate to turn around and start attacking us. That could make for a very interesting game somewhere down the line...

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

November 30, 2004, 02:35:03 PM
Reply #22

Tooky

• Gorge

• View Profile
How does HL1 finish again? o_O

November 30, 2004, 03:12:23 PM
Reply #23

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
How does HL1 finish again? o_O
Kill the Nihilanth. Teleported to the G-man

"Gordon Freeman, in the flesh… or rather, in the Hazard Suit. I took the liberty of relieving you of your weapons… most of them were government property… as for the suit; I think you’ve earned it.

"The border world… Xen… is in our control for the time being, thanks to you. Quite a nasty piece of work you managed over there… I am impressed." (Scenery of Xen with busted tanks and dead marines strewn about)

"That’s why I’m here, Mr. Freeman… I have recommended your services to my... employers… and they have authorized me to offer you a job, they agree with me that you have limitlessssssss potential." (Scene has shifted to a tram car like the one you start the game in, flying through space)

"You’ve proved yourself a decisive man, so I don’t expect you’ll have any trouble decided what to do. If you are interested, just step into the portal and I will take that as a yes." (Tram door opens, a teleport portal is behind it)

"Otherwise… well… I can offer you a battle that you have no chance of winning. Rather an anti-climax after what you've just survived."

(Gordon hops into portal)

"Wisely done Mr. Freeman! I will see you up ahead..."

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

November 30, 2004, 09:36:22 PM
Reply #24

EmperorPenguin

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
"The border world… Xen… is in our control for the time being, thanks to you. Quite a nasty piece of work you managed over there… I am impressed." (Scenery of Xen with busted tanks and dead marines strewn about)

That's the scene I was thinking of.  I guess what I was trying to figure out is who exactly is in control of Xen now that the Nihilanth is gone?
"What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby?  Maybe we'll never know."