Author Topic: Md(mini Disk) Or Mp3 Player  (Read 5004 times)

November 20, 2004, 10:31:34 AM
Read 5004 times

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
Am planning to buy a MD but am not sure of buying it. In my opinion I think its better than mp3 cause you can burn 80-85 songs on 1 cd which costs only 6 dollars canadian. while mp3 you would have to delete songs to store more or buy a memory block which costs around 50 dollars canadian. Just post what you think guys.

Thankyou,
Intensity Rising

November 20, 2004, 10:50:27 AM
Reply #1

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
or you could be cool and get a CD-MP3 player which holds 700 songs (pending on how big your songs are and how many megs the CD can hold) and just buy a spindle of CDs for $10-$20.

*shrugs*

You people can keep your "cool" little MD or MP3 players which hold nothing compared to the power of CD-MP3. <insert evil laugh here>
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 10:51:10 AM by Zero7 »
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

November 20, 2004, 12:01:07 PM
Reply #2

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
MD players don't skip as much do they? and they are smaller,i was under the same throes of confusion myself IR. er, i bought a 64 meg mp3 player, cuz that's all i need. if you DO get an MD player, i hear the Sony one comes iwth some brutally atrocious bloatware that you NEED to transfer files :S
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

November 20, 2004, 02:26:15 PM
Reply #3

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
well this is KIND of on thread topic (ok not really but same ballpark)

I'm getting an ipod to give as a christmas gift.  IIRC the 20GB one is like $270, but the 40 GB one is $370 (AND the 40 GB one comes with a docking station AND case - which I would have to buy seperately for the 20 GB one... how much, I dunno)

Anyways... someone tell me
A: suck it up and spend the extra hundred bucks
B: Stick with the 20 - you don't need the xtra space and the docking station and case aren't that much.
C: Go with a different brand (specificy which and why it's better plz)

PS... iPOD > MD player
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 02:27:05 PM by GrayDuck »

November 20, 2004, 03:22:18 PM
Reply #4

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
PS, some of us aren't made of MONEY! :p
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

November 20, 2004, 10:05:10 PM
Reply #5

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
[snapback]33705[/snapback]

Yes thats true. If I did have the money i would get a ipod but i just bought a md today and from all the stuff my friend said its BETTER than a mp3 player.  Both at quality and money savings!

November 20, 2004, 11:01:10 PM
Reply #6

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile

Yes thats true. If I did have the money i would get a ipod but i just bought a md today and from all the stuff my friend said its BETTER than a mp3 player.  Both at quality and money savings!
[snapback]33728[/snapback]

which one didja buy? and what sorta software didja have to install to get it to transfer?
-Richard Feynman

November 21, 2004, 05:20:53 AM
Reply #7

SheenaYanai

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/index2.html

[snapback]33728[/snapback]

which one didja buy? and what sorta software didja have to install to get it to transfer?
[snapback]33733[/snapback]

uhm...  why not gettin one of those md mp3 players?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 05:22:19 AM by SheenaYanai »

November 21, 2004, 07:14:15 AM
Reply #8

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
MD Player > MP3 (CD) Player in quality is complete BS. The quality of the music on your MP3 (CD) Player is dependent on the quality of the songs you've burned onto them, and the quality of your headset.

Assuming thats what you meant when you said MP3, if you meant the tiny lil' MP3 players, well, again, it's dependent on the quality of music you have. In this case, I'd probably go with the MD Player, since it's possible to overburn some of those tiny CDs and get an extra song or two ^_^

I don't really notice the size of the MP3 (CD) player since I usually wear cargo pants, yea. My pockets are usually big enough to hold it.

Aye, GrayDuck is also correct, iPods are quite teh sechs. Isn't there a sony version of it?
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

November 21, 2004, 07:30:02 AM
Reply #9

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
well this is KIND of on thread topic (ok not really but same ballpark)

I'm getting an ipod to give as a christmas gift.  IIRC the 20GB one is like $270, but the 40 GB one is $370 (AND the 40 GB one comes with a docking station AND case - which I would have to buy seperately for the 20 GB one... how much, I dunno)

Anyways... someone tell me
A: suck it up and spend the extra hundred bucks
B: Stick with the 20 - you don't need the xtra space and the docking station and case aren't that much.
C: Go with a different brand (specificy which and why it's better plz)

PS... iPOD > MD player
[snapback]33697[/snapback]

TO be perfectly honest with you, the size difference between 20 gb and 40 gb (music wise) is completely negligible. Right now I have nearly four days worth of music in my iTunes library - and that isn't even 6 gb.

if i ever decide to get one, I'm going with 20.

November 21, 2004, 09:35:26 AM
Reply #10

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
TBH, ipods are a fad, nothing more. I personally will never buy one.  If I wanted a mp3 with a built in HD, I'd go with the Nomad :)

November 21, 2004, 09:46:05 AM
Reply #11

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
Well heres the one I bought http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...19&WLBS=fsweb23
I saw it was on sale so i decided to buy it. So far the bass and treble is better then mp3 player and I use a software called SonicStage to transfer songs. I think the program was buggy. I had to find a fix so it would stop crashing on me...I think i had to uninstall some WindowsHotfix

November 21, 2004, 02:22:28 PM
Reply #12

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
I'd agree the iPods are a waste; At first they seemed really cool, but after thinking about the price and how much space music doesn't take up, it became apparent that it isn't worth it. I might be a music freak, but I'd rather carry around some extra disks and have enough money leftover to buy a bunch more CDs. Especially since I'm right there with Zero7 on the cargo pants thing.

November 21, 2004, 03:11:00 PM
Reply #13

Temm

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• Personal Text
    Bam in the FACE
    • View Profile
well, I would suggest MD because I'm a biased bastard... I luff my mz-n10 yo.
Zero7: Yeah sony made a sort-of Ipod counterpart...way more shexy but some people complain its a bit too tiny for their big american hands :X

November 21, 2004, 07:13:36 PM
Reply #14

Nooblet

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://www.gorgerush.net
I was also looking into getting a MD player. Checked sony.com out and this is what they got.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP....iniDisc&Dept=pa

I was looking at this seshy blue one for only $99.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP....sc_NetMDWalkman
Pissing DHP off one sig at a time.
Breaking the respect rule are we? *rolls up sleeves* - DHP
DHP, I love you.

November 21, 2004, 08:10:01 PM
Reply #15

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
I actually don't need a mp3 player.  Any place where I would need music, I have my laptop.  So I can just play it all off there, where else can you find a mp3 player you can play half life on :)

And I'm thinking I'll have 200gb of extra space soon, so thats a lot of music :)

November 22, 2004, 07:07:11 AM
Reply #16

SgtFury

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
Whatever you do don`t get the creative muvo like I did  :( . Thought great a USB drive and MP3 player nice and small so it can fit in my shirt pocket. Worked fine for about 6 months and then for some reason it decides it won`t work when plugged into its battery holder thingy. GAH! So don`t do It!