Author Topic: Clear Rules Is Good!  (Read 3413 times)

October 08, 2004, 02:37:58 AM
Read 3413 times

Slink

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
I just wanted to say that i have a habit of reading the "banned" forum.  From what i've seen recently, the clearer the rules, the better.

so, good job to who ever decided to make the rules clear.  I was wondering how you were going to resolve things.  way to go on finding a good way.

(if this is for any reason a closed topic, or innapropriate, then plz enjoy deleting this.  thx.)
"That's a rather tender subject.  Another slice anyone?"

*Warning: Content May Not Be "G" Rated.  And it may be morally reprehensible, to boot.

October 08, 2004, 04:30:57 AM
Reply #1

Isamil

• Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
# Feel free to turret farm the base to keep the game going (this is an exception of the "don't delay the end" rule). Although if the game gets dragged on too much, expect an admin to change the map at some point.

I can't say I totally agree with that one...

October 08, 2004, 07:01:20 AM
Reply #2

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
i don't mind cause a huge turret farm in ms is very boring and is extremely hard to break through at times for some people
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

October 08, 2004, 09:36:09 AM
Reply #3

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
BB and teamwork for the win >:D

I think that the new clearer ruleset will help out.
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

October 08, 2004, 09:46:02 AM
Reply #4

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well, put it this way: We don't want people to yell for a ban under the "don't prolong the game" rule as soon as somebody builds a turret in ms.

You know: "omg, he built a turret in ms, he's prolonging, BANT!!"

I STILL advise you to spam IPs instead of turrets when making your last stand. Not only do marines have MUCH more fun when THEY do the killing instead of their turrets, but they also don't have to spend hours in the spawnqueue every time they get killed. And the aliens DEFINITELY prefer fighting marines to fighting turrets. So build IPs, not turrets, ok?

October 08, 2004, 02:27:53 PM
Reply #5

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I have yet to see a case where a turret farm REALLY slows down an organized alien team.  HMGs are much more effective at prolonging in my experience.
God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]

October 08, 2004, 04:13:52 PM
Reply #6

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Good grammar are good too.

Oh and thanks :) DHP and I livened it up, he wrote the main part, I made it look pretty, added a bunch of rules he forgot, fixed some painful spelling errors, and expanded on the descriptions. You can tell from the writing styles which ones I've written :)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 04:15:15 PM by Uranium - 235 »

October 08, 2004, 10:41:00 PM
Reply #7

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Anything is possible (almost).
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

October 09, 2004, 09:52:28 AM
Reply #8

MrMojo

• Legacy Reserved
  • Lerker

• View Profile
Good grammar is good too.

[snapback]30755[/snapback]

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
   Embrace this moment,  Remember, We are eternal
                All this pain is an illusion

October 09, 2004, 09:53:24 AM
Reply #9

JHunz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
Very good job with the fleshed out rule set.  I wonder if it would be possible to make a command in the server such as "/rules" that would bring up one of those steam html windows that contained the detailed rules.
[snapback]30757[/snapback]
That's actually not a bad idea.  I'll talk to lb since he was the one who set up the rules alias in the first place.
P.S. fix your profile, emails are bouncing
"We have plenty of youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

October 11, 2004, 12:15:57 AM
Reply #10

Slink

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
hmm, i have a semi-hypothetical question here.  Player A is marine, is around the corner from hive room.  He/she doesn't have motion hacks, but he/she does have a Gl, and is blindly spamming nades off of a wall, into the hive.  this of course kills skulks and such, spawning or not.

Is he spawncamping?  He/she cannot see, and has no idea what's actually going on.  But at the same time, he's blowing spawning skulks to smithereens.

i was pretty much in this situation in a game just now, and would like som clarification on this.  dunno how the game ended though, cuz of res slot kick.

*Warning: Content May Not Be "G" Rated.  And it may be morally reprehensible, to boot.

October 11, 2004, 04:15:49 AM
Reply #11

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
i'd say that it doesn't matter if he can see if he is spawncamping or not.. he is still spawncamping - so if he is just killing skulks and nothing else...then he shouldn't lob grenades into the hive.

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

October 11, 2004, 05:26:14 AM
Reply #12

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
i'd say that it doesn't matter if he can see if he is spawncamping or not.. he is still spawncamping - so if he is just killing skulks and nothing else...then he shouldn't lob grenades into the hive.
[snapback]30986[/snapback]
However, if he's standing by his teammates building sieges, then it's a viable and powerful defense strategy, especially considering the randomness of nades and potential damage to self.
God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]

October 11, 2004, 10:34:23 AM
Reply #13

a civilian

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Also consider that it is likely to be damaging the hive and any nearby chambers.

October 11, 2004, 11:57:41 AM
Reply #14

Slink

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
well, in the game i was in, we were quite definetly building sieges and trying not to get eaten by runaway freight trains.  does this make a difference on gl spam spawncamping?