Author Topic: Killing The Gaming Habit  (Read 8201 times)

September 20, 2004, 01:18:31 PM
Reply #20

Jefe

• Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Lito, give me your dad's email.  I need to tell him to let up on the anti-gaming because it's rotting your soul and making you turn to hentai.
[snapback]29273[/snapback]

Thats a bad thing?  ;)
[snapback]29274[/snapback]
LESS JAPAN

*DISCLAIMER*  Do not take the above post seriously.

September 20, 2004, 01:56:06 PM
Reply #21

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Money + jobs + work + always reading some damn book learning something about programming + business trips = get owned by life. Dont even get me started on women...

Legionnaired, lets fence sometime!
Lito, just wait till college. Once you g3t that time management skill down you can game/study/socialize all you want and not skip a beat.

To anyone who cant game because they have to study, study hard and you can game "later". I once knew a guy who gamed 6 hours a day but also studied for about equal time and did well in his classes. Gg that bastard.
[snapback]29255[/snapback]

Holy crap Avs, that makes 4 of us!

Necro and U235 also fence.

Just goes to show that the ultimate measure of the greatness of any organization is the number of fencers within it.

September 20, 2004, 01:59:20 PM
Reply #22

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I'll do you all left handed. Then right handed, just for emphasis. Phear the ambidextrousity.

As for study incentives...

Lito, you remember Colonel Oates, from the Alaskan Military School?

Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

September 20, 2004, 02:11:28 PM
Reply #23

Seth

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://go.to/simclarke
you dont drive drunk! i hate people that do that!

i should clairify, you get plastered in the time spent in the bush where theres no one to crash into but rocks and trees. you then spend time out in the bush gettin plastered and driving around exploring ( dont forget your CB! ) sleep of the drunkness hugging a tree at night looking at the beautiful stars, wake up the next afternoon feeling like ^^ make some coffee on the fire pack up and drive home relitivly sober.

i've never had a DUI and i get piss tanked in my truck almost everyweekend if i can. its just a matter of where you get piss tanked, and in a truck where could be ANYwhere! anywhere that you truck can make it... eg, mountain tops lakes vallys you name it got a boat bring it along and go fishing it'll give you something to eat tomorrow when you struggling to stand upright....   :lol: good times, oh good times!

i wouldnt trade one moment i spent out in the bush under a cannopy of stars huggin a tree that i could have sworn was speaking to me FOR NOTHING!

then there is always the bitching campfire parties out on the flats, just stroll over and everyone is in a good mood, it'll be about 3mins and you'll have a beer/paraphinalia in your hand. there are plenty of chicks that 4wheel also and they are not bimbo's most are college girls looking for a weekend away from it all, and 2/3 of them could proly knock most of you little "guys" on ur ass.

oh i forgot, they might not know a toaster from a computer, but they know a wrench from a canopener, and everytime they look at me my NUTS tighten up!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 02:15:03 PM by Seth »
Through the mudd and the blood to the green fields beyond, for ours is not to question why our is but to do or die.

And when we die and die we shall to saint peter we shall tell, just another soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell.

September 20, 2004, 03:23:51 PM
Reply #24

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Admit it, folks, deep down you're saying to yourselves "Seth would be a really interesting guy to go out partying with, at least once."

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

September 20, 2004, 04:05:02 PM
Reply #25

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
hm, i'd have to say, no, no i wasn't thinking that.

bob on the other hand...  <3  <3
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

September 20, 2004, 05:30:38 PM
Reply #26

Lito

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I'll do you all left handed. Then right handed, just for emphasis. Phear the ambidextrousity.

As for study incentives...

Lito, you remember Colonel Oates, from the Alaskan Military School?
[snapback]29289[/snapback]
I'm canadian, so no.
Go, go, go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
aah - Johnny B. GONE
sig images must not exceed 22kb -DHP

Thanks to Bijiy for help on the sig
Japanese Lesbian Kissing ftw
Waffles aer teh lews.

September 20, 2004, 06:19:18 PM
Reply #27

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Seth sounds like the kind of guy you run into when you're out in the gorge camping with your buds, and some big Canadian redneck pops out from behind a tree, wearing only a loincloth made of leaves, a 6-pack of beer in one hand (3 of which already crushed) and a shotgun in the other.

No thanks.   :lol:
God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]

September 20, 2004, 06:23:56 PM
Reply #28

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
He'll make you squeeeeeeeeal like a ... uh ... moose!

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

September 20, 2004, 06:36:07 PM
Reply #29

Keyser59

• Gorge

• View Profile
Nothing like scrimming NS at 3:00 in the mourning unable to form coherent sentences. My clanmembers have a few demos of me stumbling in scrims trying to find the jump button.

September 20, 2004, 07:33:37 PM
Reply #30

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Oh yeah, Seth lives in Deliverance country all right.

Now let's you just drop them pants. Soouueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

September 20, 2004, 10:48:42 PM
Reply #31

Avs

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Nothing like scrimming NS at 3:00 in the mourning unable to form coherent sentences. My clanmembers have a few demos of me stumbling in scrims trying to find the jump button.
[snapback]29308[/snapback]

Oh yah Keyser? 3:00 in the morning after partying all night at a club, then going to a 24 hour burritto place for the munchies to come back and scrim on NS and then forgetting about the scrim sitting in the game afk while eating the burritto!
Avs

September 20, 2004, 10:49:57 PM
Reply #32

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
One thing people seem to forget is how whatever work you do for a living doesn't have to be a "Job". I plan on doing my best to get into a career that I'll be more entertained with than stressed with; I want to wake up in the morning and think "Hey, today's going to be a productive day" rather than "Ugh, I've got work again today...".

September 20, 2004, 10:59:57 PM
Reply #33

Avs

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
One thing people seem to forget is how whatever work you do for a living doesn't have to be a "Job". I plan on doing my best to get into a career that I'll be more entertained with than stressed with; I want to wake up in the morning and think "Hey, today's going to be a productive day" rather than "Ugh, I've got work again today...".
[snapback]29323[/snapback]

My job kicks ass :p
The part about me getting owned about life is that sometimes its hard to find time to game when so much other crap is happening. But then gaming is apart of my job sometimes so that kinda balances out.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 11:03:44 PM by Avs »
Avs

September 21, 2004, 06:08:40 AM
Reply #34

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
bob, buy a truck!

everyone else, go outside and explore the world sometimes, and i'm talking more then 50k (dunno in miles) from your home... get some scars, get some stories, get a life.

n chicks dig scars.

i used to miss days/weeks in highschool just because i was stuck in some god forsaken mud hole 3 miles from nowhere... just me, my truck, my beer, my gun.

n did i mension chicks dig 4x4's and scars... strange though i'm still single, funny world eh?

/edit i ment a REAL truck not so panzi grocery getter soccer mom SUV crap

see, www.bc4x4.com for details. wewt go BC!
[snapback]29253[/snapback]

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is enough reason to stay in school, study hard, go to college, get a degree, get a good job and live a happy life rather than being some neanderthal redneck who'll be found dead in a gutter and nobody will give a ^^.

Thank you and goodnight. :)
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

September 21, 2004, 07:52:34 AM
Reply #35

johnjacobjingle

• Gorge

• View Profile
or, if you want to meet more people like seth, spend a couple days up at michigan tech!  seth, you sound like 1 out of every 2 guys in the dorm i lived in when i was up there....and the dorm was a quarter mile long, 5 stories.  the other half of the guys were gamers and nerds like me.

aka "mary"  thanks to Mr. Bill.
aka "let me stab your face"  if i'm feeling like starting a knife brigade or 3
"Drop Bill at JHunz. Build Bill, research relocation upgrade. WIN!" -necrosis...wow

September 21, 2004, 09:12:37 AM
Reply #36

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
I hit a roleplay club every saturday to do some table gaming with a big bunch of people and it's fun.
[snapback]29275[/snapback]
that had better be during the day on Saturday...

lito's post --> [snapback]29242[/snapback]

sounds like my dad. my responce: i got a laptop in my room for irc and i'm writing this during an essay/test over "brave new world"

jr/senior years are important? odd, i don't recall learning anything useful last year and have yet to do anything with the few bits of random trivia picked up last year. however, putting up the gorgerush server i've learned about:
ssh
bash
vi
smallscript
metamod/adminmod/amx/amxx
ipv4
dns
hlds_l
a bunch of other things i forgot to mention

all of which i may be asked to work with in this place called "the real world" lets see fscking ap calculus do that.

in conclusion: meh, i guess i still have to go to school (as useless as it is) but i'll still find time to hop on irc and play ns (any maybe learn something not pointless) and the secret project of dewm will go forward. (lito, i need to talk to you about the secret project of dewm. find me on irc)

edit: three years of advanced computer courses have not taught me how to touchtype, excuse the typos :p
[snapback]29280[/snapback]
^^

Lito, why don't you try succeding in school for the mean time, get all your S in order, do all your assignments and then when they are done tell your dad to go sit on his thumb becuase you've done all your school work / assorted chores and are spending your free time in a way you see fit, and since all your school work is done he can't go nazi on you. It's all about nullizifying their arguments.

Dealing with parents is so highschool  :rolleyes:
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

September 21, 2004, 10:53:08 AM
Reply #37

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
sure it's during the day... why would doing it at night be bad? o.O

September 21, 2004, 01:01:55 PM
Reply #38

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Saturday night is... ah... how to explain this?

It's a night that takes special significance to some people along with friday, becuase the days following them you can wake up at any time you like.

:rolleyes:  :D
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

September 21, 2004, 01:16:28 PM
Reply #39

sonic

• Fade

• View Profile
Translation: "I get drunk and stoned on a saturday night"