Author Topic: Roughter Issues  (Read 1470 times)

September 05, 2004, 11:50:48 PM
Read 1470 times

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
So I'm trying to portforward the nessicary ports to get steam running through my DLink DI-604, and I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do for 'UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive' and 'TCP 27030 to 27039 inclusive', as I can't figure out how to open multiple port ranges nor can I figure out what inclusive is supposed to mean.  Any help would be much appreciated.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

September 05, 2004, 11:55:11 PM
Reply #1

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://
if you are on campus you would have to find out what to do from the IT guys on campus because of the universities firewall settings
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

September 06, 2004, 01:05:31 AM
Reply #2

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
hehe roughter ;)
-_^

September 06, 2004, 02:42:22 AM
Reply #3

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
if you are on campus you would have to find out what to do from the IT guys on campus because of the universities firewall settings
[snapback]28380[/snapback]
It worked right off the back with a direct plug to the Uni's service, but I hooked up my own roughter for the added protection, and the fact that me and my roomie are doing some cool networking stuff.  Anyways I figured got it working one way or the other.  Threw together a stopgap solution that probably involves more roughter ports being open then I really want open, but it works, so I'm leaving it as is for now.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

September 06, 2004, 04:22:29 AM
Reply #4

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Inclsive means that the port ranges that are to be opened INCLUDE the two numbers mentioned. Rather redundant if you ask me.

September 06, 2004, 05:15:26 PM
Reply #5

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
    • http://
Inclsive means that the port ranges that are to be opened INCLUDE the two numbers mentioned. Rather redundant if you ask me.
[snapback]28389[/snapback]
It's just used as a clarifier, to make sure there is no misunderstandings. If you ask me, I think it's a great habit to get into. I've experianced my share of incidents where little things like that were missing and many people came out confused.

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK