Author Topic: What Would You Want To See In Ns2  (Read 1606 times)

August 16, 2004, 11:08:26 PM
Read 1606 times

JimRaynor

• Lerker

• View Profile
    • http://
While it might be a pipe dream I really like thinking about all the possibilities for changes to NS if and when it is converted to HL2 into NS2 (unless of course, Flayra makes it a standalone, still the daydreaming applies). Here are a number of things I discussed with other NS players that I think would be really great in NS2.

- A third race: Now I've heard many varied races that might be possible, one of the favorites is Robots or Cyborgs for a third race. To make the game larger and more interesting the new race would come in with maybe three variations of the robot. Maybe stealth units with an attack that might do more damage from behind and maybe a pistol that can put things to sleep or the like. This unit would have its similairities to the marine jp and the alien fade, fast and stealthy. The medium unit would be what you basically start out as, instead of an lmg you might carry some kind of plasma rifle and i'm not sure what would be the secondary weapon, maybe just a punch. The third I haven't been able to work out in my head without it seeming to much like a heavy marine. There would of course be more upgrades for both the other races to deal with the robots just like they would have upgrades to deal with their respective foe. Maybe the aliens get an upgrade that does acidic damage to the robot or something. Maybe the rines get the ability to turn their welder into a gun and melt the robots parts. Another interesting possibility is a comm ability where once you upgrade for it you use energy to take control of robots, one at a time. Maybe through the obs.

- Another idea was of course, bringing more weapons into NS. Many people have disputed the validity of a flame thrower. In my personal opinion I think it would be a nice addition. I've heard numerous people argue the place of a sniper rifle, I honestly don't see how it's possible to put that into ns without the maps being significantly larger but maybe. I think the pistol is powerful enough.

Anyway, I'd like to hear what other people have to say about these ideas, and I'd like to hear new ideas too. Just to day dream basically cause I don't think that much is gonna change.
The difference between obsessive gaming and casual gaming is in the tone of your voice when you die as an onos egg, mine is somewhere around 90db.[/font]