Author Topic: The Horror  (Read 5948 times)

August 15, 2004, 03:32:14 PM
Reply #20

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
[...]there could be about 5 non-slotters all trying to get in, so as soon as it hits 16/17, the server lets them on for a few seconds - so the auto-retry is your friend.
[snapback]26144[/snapback]

No it doesn't. The server doesn't let non-slotters on until the playercount hits 15 or less.
[snapback]26293[/snapback]

UNLESS it's like, lagging. On old hera tombomb kept getting in when there was no  slots left and ned was getting the boot ^_^.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

August 15, 2004, 06:43:42 PM
Reply #21

Lito

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Doesn't autoretry not recognize resslots and joins when there is a slot available?  Before I got my slot, I had to sit there, masshing my enter key on "refresh", camping for the 15/17
Go, go, go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
aah - Johnny B. GONE
sig images must not exceed 22kb -DHP

Thanks to Bijiy for help on the sig
Japanese Lesbian Kissing ftw
Waffles aer teh lews.

August 15, 2004, 07:12:27 PM
Reply #22

a civilian

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Doesn't autoretry not recognize resslots and joins when there is a slot available?  Before I got my slot, I had to sit there, masshing my enter key on "refresh", camping for the 15/17
[snapback]26336[/snapback]
It depends on how the reserved slot is configured, I believe.  On some servers, it is hidden; this means non-reservists can use auto-retry, but it also means reservists must force a connect to join a full server.

August 15, 2004, 07:12:38 PM
Reply #23

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Precisely as you stated Lito.

Other tricks are to time the game, and try and sneak in very quick on mapchange. This is getting somewhat easier now that LM has a growing tendency to lag out on mapchange... A resourceful nonslotter can try and sneak in, hehe.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

August 16, 2004, 06:31:33 AM
Reply #24

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
try a console connect, those bypass the steam "joo r nub, servar is full" dialogue and actually ask the server if you can join

August 16, 2004, 11:12:47 AM
Reply #25

Nooblet

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://www.gorgerush.net
I just use HLSW to connect just change the dir to steam and it works fine for me.
Pissing DHP off one sig at a time.
Breaking the respect rule are we? *rolls up sleeves* - DHP
DHP, I love you.

August 20, 2004, 03:27:18 PM
Reply #26

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I never have to wait!

August 20, 2004, 07:00:27 PM
Reply #27

JHunz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
try a console connect, those bypass the steam "joo r nub, servar is full" dialogue and actually ask the server if you can join
[snapback]26370[/snapback]
However, the server was actually full.  If the server is stuck at 17/17 for a while, what it usually means is that someone is connecting but taking an unusually long time to do so.  A non-slotter who forces a connect, for example, is not booted until the server finds out their steamID and kicks them off.  A reserve slotter taking forever to connect will not boot a non-slotter off until the server finds out their steamID.  Blame cruddy ISPs for the three-minute delay
"We have plenty of youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

August 30, 2004, 01:01:25 AM
Reply #28

TheAdj

• Skulk

• View Profile
Often when it's 16/17 I can get into the server, but I'm promptly kicked out once it realizes I'm not special.  I don't think I've ever waited more than a minute to play though (I'll just switch servers if the wait is that long).

September 02, 2004, 03:23:51 PM
Reply #29

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
[...]there could be about 5 non-slotters all trying to get in, so as soon as it hits 16/17, the server lets them on for a few seconds - so the auto-retry is your friend.

No it doesn't. The server doesn't let non-slotters on until the playercount hits 15 or less.
Except that game of old hera with the battle of the nubs! Ned vs tombomb! WHO WILL GET THE LAST SLOT?

I reveal penis I know psychology.

September 02, 2004, 07:29:10 PM
Reply #30

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile

Except that game of old hera with the battle of the nubs! Ned vs tombomb! WHO WILL GET THE LAST SLOT?
[snapback]28137[/snapback]

the answer was neither since the slotters came out in full force that night >:D
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]