Author Topic: Comming On A Server Not Named Lunixmonster  (Read 3286 times)

August 06, 2004, 10:18:40 PM
Read 3286 times

Lito

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Well.  It was friday night.  All the people who don't usually come on LM on the weekdays were on.  We're talking Seth, Fatty and a couple sperm clan (O~) members.  All of which stacked marines and gave absolutely no hope to the alien team.  What could I say?  Shun them for owning us, or bitch about skill stack?  I did neither.  I hit the disconnect button and climbed on another server to let my rage out on some of the newbies.

I climbed on the [C4] clan server.  As usual with mid-caliber pubs, no one ever wants to comm.  I reluctantly hopped in the chair to save myself from getting even MORE fustration from a nubcomm.

The game started out small.  The map before it was a large combat game (with a 30 minute time limit...geez) so all the combat whores jetted off at the sight of a classic map.

I had 3 players initially.  

1 that is about LM caliber in knowledge of the game and following orders.  He was my field commander for most of the game (he often told me to do things like upgrading the armory and stuff.  What was strange is that he did so about 10 seconds AFTER I do what he suggests.).  Since i don't remember his name, I shall name him Jimmeh.

the second was your average pubber.  He doesn't shoot great, but he gets the odd kill.  He follows orders so I couldn't care less  His name was 'X'

the third was an NSPlayer.  Literally.  That was his name.  You could absolutely tell that he was a browse game noob.  He didn't respond to text, voice, or waypoints.  He jerked off most of the game, and whored my equipment.

The game started off.  I told Jimmeh to stay in base to build, and the rest to get nodes.  None of which, of course, were followed.  Jimmeh DID build in base, and did help me out a little in terms of ordering around the scrublets (to no avail), but nothing got done.  All of them felt compelled to stay in base and build the base.  I started out with teh basic ip, armory, arms lab, and armor 1.  X finally went off to get hera reception, and I gave Jimmeh 2 packs of mines for base.

X builds hera reception and dies.  Jimmeh saves the node and heads to double.

about 2 minutes into the game, the aliens gather up the braincells to rush the hive.  They kill all my marines, but fall to my mines.  I racked up a good 20 res from that run.

Some more marines join in, i order them to cargo handling (where they get horrendeously owned the first two tries).  All my marines were in double.  I gave them the nodes while i tried to keep up with the arms lab upgrades.  After the SECOND time they got owned in double, we finally got double.  This was around 9 minutes into the game.  I had an upgraded armory, w2, a2, two ips, and a base that was mined to HELL.  I tried to make a proto lab, but noticed that i didn't have an obs (i had kinda given up on the game in the middle so i forgot about an obs).  I got that up in a jiffy, got phase tech and locked double down with one elec'd node.  I got heavies because i thought my team couldn't handle jps.

Co :: Phunk, a player that some of you might have seen on LM, joined.  And in good time, too.  He and Jimmeh and X made a decent team.  Fades started popping up at around 10 minutes, i dropped hmgs.  We killed about 4 fades (Co :: Phunk claiming 3 of those) while pushing into archiving.  about 6 marines were in archiving, i thought it was pretty safe to get a phase there.  I dropped a phase and a tfac for elec.  I got the node down and thought i was doing pretty good.  Hell I had every node but those in archiving and vent hive (i sent a rambo to cap the maintenance nodes a little earlier on).  I ordered them in the hive, where they took down the hive in about 2 minutes.  No beeping.  I scanned the other hives.  Datacore, the hive i was expecting to be up we compeltely clean.  I scanned vent and lo and behold.  It was up and running at the prestegous time of 13:30.  I passed out jp shotties, researched catpacks, and sent them over there.  Once they got a pg/tf up;  I elec'd it, threw down a whole wad of catpacks, ammo, and meds, and told them to own it, which they did; promptly.

The reason I won?  Quick upgrading, med spam, and utterly retarded aliens.  They never held more than 2 res nodes at one time.  I took the rest of the nodes, unchallenged. The only one they took down was hera reception, and the only node outside their hive that my team took down was the one outside Archiving.  The rest were unelectrified and undefended.  They chose the hive FARTHEST away from their current one to build, and built it at 12:00.  These weren't bots because bots aren't this dumb, and they owned my marines until i could out tech them.

Sound like a good game?  It was in the end.  The parts I left out was the mass screaming and insulting that it took to get the marines to actually do things.  I'm not comming on ANY server that isn't Lunixmonster. Ever.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2004, 10:21:43 PM by Lito »
Go, go, go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
aah - Johnny B. GONE
sig images must not exceed 22kb -DHP

Thanks to Bijiy for help on the sig
Japanese Lesbian Kissing ftw
Waffles aer teh lews.

August 06, 2004, 10:29:08 PM
Reply #1

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
On a side note, being an alien on a non-LM server means you absolutely goddamn pwn the marines. Especially as a celerity lerk, or even as a walker fade.

August 06, 2004, 11:15:07 PM
Reply #2

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
On a side note, being an alien on a non-LM server means you absolutely goddamn pwn the marines. Especially as a celerity lerk, or even as a walker fade.

Hey, that's 'PRO walker fade' to you, mister.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

August 06, 2004, 11:34:23 PM
Reply #3

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I have commed all 3 of my comming games on LM.

Lost all three, but the team did really well despite my best efforts.

Also, I have to agree with Lito - I went to my old old old backup server from days gone by, went alien, and it was like the rines were standing still. I racked up a pile of kills, caught myself and said "this is so so wrong" and eventually disconnected and sat in line at LM.

What can I say, I enjoy the challenge, hammering people way under my skill level just isnt my style.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

August 06, 2004, 11:46:12 PM
Reply #4

Magmatron

• Onos

• View Profile
True, whenever my lag starts to piss me off I disconnect and join another server for some free kills.

TyrNem...blah blah blah

August 07, 2004, 08:12:59 AM
Reply #5

Asurada

• Skulk

• View Profile
before Lito introduce me to LM server, i was either playing in BackSchool servers because i like servers with lots of people. there was this person named Waaggh (i think i got his name wrong but is something like that), he is often the comm. When he comms 90% of the time the rines win. I guess everyone in that server believed and trusted him. I guess being a good comm is to earn your trust from your team.
waffles! waffles! waffles!
>>COMM CAN YOU DROP ME SOME WAFFLES?<<
<(^o^<)no waffles for Lito!!!(>^o^)>

August 07, 2004, 08:43:47 AM
Reply #6

Lito

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
before Lito introduce me to LM server, i was either playing in BackSchool servers because i like servers with lots of people. there was this person named Waaggh (i think i got his name wrong but is something like that), he is often the comm. When he comms 90% of the time the rines win. I guess everyone in that server believed and trusted him. I guess being a good comm is to earn your trust from your team.
[snapback]25244[/snapback]

Even truer when the next comm wastes starting res on turrets.  Needless to say, they got owned.  Yes, we had a second hive on a single-digit minute.
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
aah - Johnny B. GONE

Waffles aer teh lews.

August 07, 2004, 10:17:55 AM
Reply #7

Tombomb

• Skulk

• View Profile
lol i went on some server that was all lame maps and stuff.. people are so lame and un talented in other servers... that raises a question... is TLM THEE 7331 server to play on? is that were all teh uberz goes and owns? well anyway was playing co freefall... first 3 minutes i had 26 killss and 0 deaths  next closest guy was 8

Thanks Dubb & Satiagraha for teh sweet hook up of Sig and Avatar
(Quote) Tombomb
DURPDE DUURRR????

August 07, 2004, 12:02:08 PM
Reply #8

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
Before I created MvM, which lead me to sneaking through the gaps and getting into lm crazy fast and easy (I love you JHunz, an you too Ness!). I used to join random servers, I couldnt STAND Ns_ maps cause the marines were all crap. only thing holding together marines in some pubs are their comms, (works vis versa too sometimes) So I did a lot of combatting, and I mean, hardcore co_, I used to be one of those... I know I look back at it now and I feel sick. (that coul just be the BK acting up... ) But It was easy though, I could get top of the list with no rivaling marines on my team no problem, while everyone went jp, I went ha with lvl3 shottie, and served as the teams human shield. Then I found LM, an at first being disapointed that there was almost no co_ I got to play ns_ more, with talented marines, and I must saying, winning or not, playing with a good team can make the different between "what the hell was that ^^!?" to "BHAHAH! MORAL VICTORY!!". That difference is what keeps people im lm. Im sure of it.

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

August 07, 2004, 12:34:17 PM
Reply #9

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Yah, its hard to find any server that'll compare to the NS playing on LM. I'm sure there's rivals for CO play, but since I enjoy NS more.......

August 07, 2004, 12:49:06 PM
Reply #10

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
Actually, the NSA servers are close, but the players are not as nice there. :/

August 07, 2004, 12:49:44 PM
Reply #11

Lito

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
lol i went on some server that was all lame maps and stuff.. people are so lame and un talented in other servers... that raises a question... is TLM THEE 7331 server to play on? is that were all teh uberz goes and owns? well anyway was playing co freefall... first 3 minutes i had 26 killss and 0 deaths  next closest guy was 8
[snapback]25258[/snapback]

There are a couple servers that are a better than lm skill-wise (COFR), but LM has to be one of the higher-level pubs that are on steam.
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
aah - Johnny B. GONE

Waffles aer teh lews.

August 07, 2004, 01:29:41 PM
Reply #12

Asurada

• Skulk

• View Profile
if there isn't crappy players out there, the better players will not stand out.

so you should appreciate the dumbdumb players, like me.

they will make you look good, therefore calling you a hacker! hehehe
>>COMM CAN YOU DROP ME SOME WAFFLES?<<
<(^o^<)no waffles for Lito!!!(>^o^)>

August 07, 2004, 05:18:47 PM
Reply #13

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Yet to have a good game on the NSA NS server. Alien players refuse to cooperate, to the point that there's no point playing on their team.

Rather disappointing, as I enjoy playing as Kharaa. That and the admins actively encourage turreting a hive down. Not sieging, but turreting. Depressing, and has stopped me going back.

August 08, 2004, 01:41:07 PM
Reply #14

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
There are a couple servers that are a better than lm skill-wise (COFR), but LM has to be one of the higher-level pubs that are on steam.
[snapback]25291[/snapback]

yes, i get crushed when i try and comm there, but i still give htem the  <3
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

August 11, 2004, 12:48:34 AM
Reply #15

FireWater

• Lerker

• View Profile
The key to commanding pubs is to get respect from the players.  Tell them what you are going to do ahead of time.

Letting one bad game justifying not commanding on other servers is as unclassy as those who justify the hate of clanners by one person telling them they suck.  Lito you are a better person than that.

Give reasons behind your orders.  (i.e.  Slice down cargo, we need to delay their fades, cap sub sector, i'm trying to get Adv Armory early).

Giving reasons will help execute your strategy.

Even when I command on Lunixmonster, if people do listen to me regardless of what I do, I get out.  Because while in the chair, I am no longer a commander, I am just a person who drops things.

To say that LM is the only server to command on is very arrogant, and ignorant.  I would hope that there would be other servers that have people who are capable of listening.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 12:52:32 AM by FireWater »
Bant!

August 11, 2004, 12:20:34 PM
Reply #16

Seth

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://go.to/simclarke
i find that comm on other servers with noobish pubs is easier then LM, they may not be the best shooters around but by hell they go to their waypoint. they build whatever i drop without question.

on LM the rines always want to know why i'm telling them to ignor double and go straight for a hive, or why i dont ever upgrade their stupid armory ( thinks back to his win on ns_nancy with nothing but shotguns )

pubs being less skilled doesnt make them any less usefull, i'd take 4 noobs that listen over one rambo anyday.

i as a comm shouldnt have to explain my orders, the simple (defend WP) is good enough what more do you need to know?
Through the mudd and the blood to the green fields beyond, for ours is not to question why our is but to do or die.

And when we die and die we shall to saint peter we shall tell, just another soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell.

August 11, 2004, 07:10:42 PM
Reply #17

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
One experience doesn't make not upgrading the armoury right. Once i relocated outside a hive, IP rushed and won, doesn't mean it's a good strat and i'm sure as hell not going to do it again. Sure it's not nesscary but againist a reasonable alien who drop nodes and have good fades you'll find a proto lab upgrade or HMGs to become useful. I can think of far worse ways to think 30 res.

Be careful about completely disguarding an important upgrade like that because a time will come when you'll face an alien team who are good and you'll NEED them. Keep an open mind and be flexible in your commanding.

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet

August 11, 2004, 09:21:27 PM
Reply #18

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Oh mannn I definetly see a Flash cartoon / Comic of "the typical non LM Marine team pub" So pwn!

It actually is very funny Lito. It reminded me of that Cs flash where each team had their own groups of "types of cs players" ( Like The noob, who cant shoot and dies first, the camper who has the awp, the l337ist who basically pwns everyone, etc, etc)

By the sound of it, it sounded like 3 of the 6 major NS type players :p

1. Complete Nub
2. marine who follows orders but isnt a great shot
3. "field commander" making sure everything is in check 24/7
-

you unfortunetly didnt have the:

4. Elitist Clan Rambo who after dies complains on how much your a noobcomm for not dropping him medpacks. / Rambo who doesn't talk at all!
5. Voice spamming tard who tells his whole damn life story as a Marine.... Live.
(-"Ok moving down here... walking down the hallway. Making a left.......right......dead end....turning back around... WAIT!. i hear footsteps.... theyre getting CLOSER! OH MY GOD THERES SKULKS EVERYWHERE HELP ME GOD! SAVE ME COMM OH THE AGONY OF THE BITES AND THE TEETH AND THE CLAWS AND THE GUMS AND THE PAIN Aghh!!!!!! OHH.... AAAA!!!")

6. "the ideal Marine" All around great Marine player who builds, follows order, gets to his goddamn waypoint, has decent to good aim, uses voice chat apropriatly, etc
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 09:32:52 PM by Diablus »