Author Topic: Half-life 2 Update From Doug Lombardi  (Read 2659 times)

July 31, 2004, 10:19:00 AM
Read 2659 times

admojostrator

• Skulk

• View Profile
From HalflifeSource.com

We will be talking more about this tonight on Half-Life Radio. We had a chance to talk with Doug Lombardi today, and there are a few things that we need to set straight regarding our recent news posting. Doug mentioned that they are not planning to release new shots or further "hands on" previews of Half-Life 2 at this time.

About the August/September Half-Life 2 release, Doug is sticking to the same comment he made a few weeks back: "We are planning to deliver a release candidate to Vivendi in August and we're hoping to see the product on store shelves this fall but we do not have a confirmed ship date at this time."

To all those people sending Doug Lombardi emails, "IS THIS TRUE?" you can stop now. There's only a certain amount of emails one person can answer in one day.

July 31, 2004, 10:54:37 AM
Reply #1

Puddy1

• Legacy Reserved
  • Lerker

• View Profile
September seems so far away..

edit: If that's when HL2 is released :(
« Last Edit: July 31, 2004, 10:55:44 AM by Puddy1 »

July 31, 2004, 01:04:38 PM
Reply #2

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
I've given up waiting.
It was supposed to be out around a year ago.
It does not take a year to change your cdkey generation stuff.
Not happy with valve, not at all

July 31, 2004, 04:41:09 PM
Reply #3

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
From HalflifeSource.com

We will be talking more about this tonight on Half-Life Radio. We had a chance to talk with Doug Lombardi today, and there are a few things that we need to set straight regarding our recent news posting. Doug mentioned that they are not planning to release new shots or further "hands on" previews of Half-Life 2 at this time.

About the August/September Half-Life 2 release, Doug is sticking to the same comment he made a few weeks back: "We are planning to deliver a release candidate to Vivendi in August and we're hoping to see the product on store shelves this fall but we do not have a confirmed ship date at this time."

To all those people sending Doug Lombardi emails, "IS THIS TRUE?" you can stop now. There's only a certain amount of emails one person can answer in one day.
your our new unofficial HL2 source sekrat info. agent.

Congradulations :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2004, 04:41:36 PM by Diablus »

August 01, 2004, 02:29:30 AM
Reply #4

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
I've given up waiting.
It was supposed to be out around a year ago.
It does not take a year to change your cdkey generation stuff.
Not happy with valve, not at all
Yeah.. But it DOES take a year to finish up a half finshed product with a group of people who are generally lacking in the will to work on it after A) Missing their release date.. horribly.. and B) Having their half finshed work released all over the internet..
And considering it was a little more than CD key generation stuff..
I mean..It was only the source code. Obviously the only thing you can use a games source code for is cdkeys  :rolleyes:

And, lets face it... This isn't the first time Valve has been a year late with a game. Hell, they have only really made one game so far considering their other products they just bought the teams working on them. And guess what, their one fully Valve developed, finished product and it was delayed a year too!

HL3 will also be delayed a year

and TF2 has been delayed many years... and will be delayed another year the next time they set a release date for it.

August 01, 2004, 05:47:05 AM
Reply #5

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
A copy of the source code would be heaven for a cheater, that's all I'm saying...

August 03, 2004, 09:43:54 AM
Reply #6

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
A copy of the source code would be heaven for a cheater, that's all I'm saying...
which is why they have to change the source

August 03, 2004, 09:54:10 AM
Reply #7

-Lancer-

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
the source code leakage is just a bunch of bull**** if you as me. You just got programmers that are lazy and don't wanna admit it. So who do they blame? TEH SOURCE STELIN HAXORS.

Much easier than blaming themselves