Author Topic: Favourite Ut Character?  (Read 3760 times)

June 17, 2004, 08:37:30 AM
Read 3760 times

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Just asking: What's your favourite UT character? Is it the one you play with (all the time, most of the time?)? What attracts you to this character in particular? Why this character instead of its "twin" (UT2k4 typically uses the same model twice with different faces, and sometimes with different skins. See below for example)? Are there any particular things you dislike, which made this character all the more attractive for you?

I'll start off, of course: For me, it's all about Axon. He has the quiet dignity of the battle-scarred veteran, while looking real cool. The "scar" over his "eye", the numerous dents and scrapes all over his armor further this image. His cybernetic equipment also shows his willingness to sacrifice part of his humanity in pursuit of victory, while not being an ugly genetic mess like the "juggernauts" or, even worse, the "nightmare" people.

I don't play with Axon all the time, but keep coming back to him. I prefer Axon over Xan (his "twin") because Xan does not have that battle-scarred-veteran-feel that I so like about Axon. A particular dislike is psychotic or otherwise mentally deranged or unstable characters. Axon's text bears no such mention.

Does anybody beside me HAVE a favourite character, anyway?

June 17, 2004, 09:06:59 AM
Reply #1

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
i prefer the robots, or the steampunk'ish machines.

i just found out, Axon is one of the steampunk'ish machines, and it's also the one i'm using on the Lappie xD.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 04:36:04 AM by Dirty Harry Potter »

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

June 17, 2004, 09:44:55 AM
Reply #2

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
i usually pick the guy that looks like  >:D , i duno his name tho
-_^

June 17, 2004, 10:23:36 AM
Reply #3

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
I've recently been playing with Abaddon, one of the new members of the Nightmare team in 2k4. In 2k3, I usually chose Harlequin, also from the Nightmare team. I usually choose either of these two because I like the whole psychopath with reckless abandon kind of backstory, and they're as close as the game can get to any kind of undead (without downloading custom models). Also, once in a while I'll play as Remus, and although he's a normal human, I like him just as much as the two Nightmares. If I were to go into the arena, I would choose an outfit like his (I have an odd fascination with gas masks and goggles), although I'd probably switch the glasses with goggles, and of course have my red hair.

June 17, 2004, 10:25:08 AM
Reply #4

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
back in the day it was all about the Naji war cows, perfect for sniping
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

June 17, 2004, 10:42:32 PM
Reply #5

Avs

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
Avs

June 18, 2004, 06:42:17 AM
Reply #6

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I downloaded this custom model that someone made. It looks like a robot made out of a bunch of junkyard pieces. The guy did  a really good job on it. Pluse the robot has a screen on it that says different things!
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

June 18, 2004, 07:19:56 AM
Reply #7

sonic

• Fade

• View Profile
Damarus...just because he's bad ass :p

June 18, 2004, 09:09:55 AM
Reply #8

Soviet Toaster

• Legacy Reserved
  • Lerker

• View Profile
I use Torch.  He reminds me of the Soviet Toaster character I made in the City of Heroes beta.

June 18, 2004, 01:42:06 PM
Reply #9

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
Usually Prism. I used to use a custom one a while ago, but i can't remember what it was. Some cute girl. :)
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

June 18, 2004, 04:51:29 PM
Reply #10

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
no one here is a fan of the warcow?
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

June 26, 2004, 02:08:09 AM
Reply #11

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
I use Torch.  He reminds me of the Soviet Toaster character I made in the City of Heroes beta.
I use torch because his portrait looked like gordan freeman when I first picked up the game.  My Single player team name was the lamda sience crew  :p
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

June 26, 2004, 08:52:15 AM
Reply #12

Jefe

• Fade

• View Profile
I don't remember his name but he looked like gordon freeman except he had red hair.

Edit: He seems popular
« Last Edit: June 26, 2004, 08:53:01 AM by Jefe »

*DISCLAIMER*  Do not take the above post seriously.

June 26, 2004, 09:10:41 AM
Reply #13

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I was always partial to Malcom, probably because of his badassed sunglasses  B)

Jesus was always cool too  :lol:

June 26, 2004, 02:15:20 PM
Reply #14

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I was always partial to Malcom, probably because of his badassed sunglasses  B)

Jesus was always cool too  :lol:
omg.. that link ... " Bible Blood Bath Christian Map Pack " .. thats so holy :D
-_^

June 26, 2004, 02:22:48 PM
Reply #15

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Timothy  is expected to be finished modifying the game to suit Pastor Deacon Fred's demands by early April of 2004. He expects to see his maps slowly bleed out to the thousands of Unreal Tournament 2004 servers all over the world soon after that. "Who would have thought that an evil game made by disgusting, filthy, godless, unsaved people could be modified to win folks to Christ?" Pastor remarked. "Timothy Huxton is certainly using the gifts God gave him to be a missionary and spread the Good News to the four-eyed geeks that play this nonsense - that when it comes to angry killing machines, nothing beats the Lord Jesus!"

:rolleyes:

June 26, 2004, 03:16:42 PM
Reply #16

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
my favorite characters are Remus and any of the robots
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

June 27, 2004, 12:22:48 AM
Reply #17

ThoraX

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
never played UT2k4 outside of the demo, but IN UT2k3 I use Thorax because, well, he's who I got my name from. Otherwise, I like using Corrosion or Syzygy. Oh, and of course the Nali Warcow wins.
This is going to be some kind of reunion, isn't it?

June 27, 2004, 07:41:58 AM
Reply #18

Cartman2b

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.fftclan.com
I don't really have a favourite character in Ut2004, but my favourite team has to be SuperNova. They just pwn ^_^

July 04, 2004, 11:52:53 AM
Reply #19

Quaunaut

• Skulk

• View Profile
Sapphire!
Amen.

Sa-Saphhhiiiiiiiiiire!