Author Topic: Fun maps...  (Read 7584 times)

December 04, 2003, 11:16:04 PM
Read 7584 times

ThoraX

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
are funmaps acceptable? it would bring an interesting change...

/me thinks back to the fun he had on his clans old NS funmap server...
This is going to be some kind of reunion, isn't it?

December 05, 2003, 02:29:28 AM
Reply #1

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
Indeed...
/me also thinks back to teh old clan server...
too bad there are no good funmaps for 2.0  :(
3.0 will hopefully be able to fix that with combat and better jps and the ability for mappers to place buildings...
 :)

December 05, 2003, 07:47:58 AM
Reply #2

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
Funamps are, for the most part, out, unless the rines get only one res node, otherwise you deal with a 1000 turrets and the server goes boom.
To the stars!

insert witty line here

December 05, 2003, 11:28:18 AM
Reply #3

ThoraX

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
ok then, i see Anem and I will have to look for funmaps where marines get one node.

actually, i'm assuming by one node you meant, "marines start out with only 1 node in their base and have to actually travel to get more, not like the maps where marines have 8 nodes in their base." Because that I can understand. ^^
This is going to be some kind of reunion, isn't it?

December 05, 2003, 01:54:29 PM
Reply #4

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
No, I mean, only have one node. The only other nodes should be in the alien base. Period.  :mellow:

Take the new ns_freefall, the marines get sooo much res from just 3 nodes they can build 200 turrets over the whole bottom area.

That's why I stopped running ns_siege, server would crash every map under the smash of buildings.

The only real solution I see is a separate funmap server with metamod plugins installed in regard to limiting the total building limit.
To the stars!

insert witty line here

December 06, 2003, 05:03:44 AM
Reply #5

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yeah, but a dedicated funmap server usually defies the purpose. Funmaps are something that the players vote for/the admin puts on because everyone agrees it's time for a break from the serious games.

There is one custom map that is blatantly obvious, should it not get included in the 3.0 release: ns_nancy!
I mean, EVERYONE loves or at least likes ns_nancy! Furthermore, I can run around calling my marines "nancy boy" again!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2003, 05:05:40 AM by lolfighter »

December 06, 2003, 10:03:49 AM
Reply #6

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
ok then, i see Anem and I will have to look for funmaps where marines get one node.

actually, i'm assuming by one node you meant, "marines start out with only 1 node in their base and have to actually travel to get more, not like the maps where marines have 8 nodes in their base." Because that I can understand. ^^
Or we make good use of Ripent...  :)
I can be done! We have the technology! We just have to figure out how to use it  :p
Speaking on funmaps... I got the clan server up  :)
Unfortunatly its won  :(
But we got into the beta! and since all the people in our clan [who play ns] pretty much have steam.. I think that there is chances of talking Rick into letting me take it to steam.

December 07, 2003, 03:05:19 PM
Reply #7

BOZO

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
How about the old favorite ns_siege005  :D But get the new updated version from nsarmslab.com

December 07, 2003, 04:13:41 PM
Reply #8

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
yuck! ns_siege005 is a laggy and boring map, i say ns_siege007 (the remake from ns_siege006 from 1.04), u want lvl 3 weapons armor, turret farms, oc farms, xenociding crazy advanced aliens vs marines clashing, u pick that map :p