Ok, I went and looked at NS_Richmond-a5, and I drew up a list of things that struck me as I ran about. Oh, and be warned, all ye who enter here: BIG POST AHEAD![/color]
First off, some general things:
A) Immediately upon joining the map, the first thing I saw was the readyroom. Very impressive, it looks superb. I like the join aliens/marines models alot. The fade has some idle animations playing, and if it's possible, give the marine some too.
B) About all the “Energy shield” glass, it would be very nice if the textures on the inside of the windows were some kind of texture showing the glass is a force field. I was thinking maybe something blue. (See next post)
C) The button in the generator rooms does show up, but it is not obvious what it is for. It needs some sign or label that says “Main energy shield power” or something.
Ok, with that out of the way, now for specific things that I wrote down as I bounced around the map. (Obviously, see attached minimap)
1) I started in this hive, and noticed two things, the first being that it is very plain (for a mess hall) even though I did see your 2 halves of some tables. The other was that the infestation of the hive basically ends at the door, which is a bit odd.
2) This room is very impressive, and incredibly cool looking. A large, marine friendly room right outside a hive is a very bad thing, though. I really like the room though, and I’d hate to see it changed too much. Maybe bring in some infestation from the hive to grant some cover, at least partially. If not infestation, crates always work.
3) I really like the crew quarters hallway, because it is well done and because it is just one of those things that you would expect to find on a ship.
4) The elevator here is greatly improved over the a2, and it is now obvious that you can use the elevator.
5) The lights ringing this resource node have no source, and that bothers me for some reason. I think an impressive light fixture is in order...
6) The warning light looks less out-of-place with the antennas there, but I think it might look better if the light that spun around it was mirrored on two sides. (See next post)
7) There is a bit of the void that you can see in this area, on a new piece of infestation where the seams don’t join. Look on my next post for a picture of it. (See next post)
8) Ok, the science lab, while a cool little room, has little to no strategic value, which is a crime for such a place. So, I think it should be connected in someway with the hallway nearby, to give it a purpose. (I drew it in, kind of..) There could be a door on the lab part of the corridor, to preserve the look and feel of a nice little lab.
9) A big confusing area, either the minimap needs to be edited to show that there are not 500 vents in this area (only one running under the ground) or it needs some restructuring.
Alrighty then, that’s the bulk of it. My next post has some pictures for B, #6, and #7