Author Topic: Stupidest Things You've Seen Comms Do  (Read 4281 times)

May 30, 2004, 04:10:23 PM
Read 4281 times

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
I just wanna know, what are the stupidest or funniest things you've seen a comm do.

Personally, mine was today. Seth was commanding, and we were walking in to take double pretty early at the start of the game. In double was a single OC and a single RT. The RT wasn't even built when we first turned up, and in our first rush the OC was down to about a quarter health.

There were quite a few aliens about, including a res whore Lerk, but it didn't seem like too much trouble for the entire team of marines. So we kept running in and dying, each time getting closer and closer to our goal. From being sneaky and running around the back, the OC in the middle of the room was at 1 bar health.

Now enters the comm.

He drops a TF, upgrades it to siege and drops 2 sieges. For 1 OC with 1 health bar, and an RT. That's it. When i walked in to spot double, i finished the OC off with the rest of my LMG magazine then we walked into double and it was clear. No siege kills, we'd just managed to stop them. 55 res for no reason whatsoever.

Next on my list for stupid things, comms who SG or IP rush from the start of the game. Sure, you win. Great. 2 minute games sure are great fun...........

And here too, just for good measure: Please refrain from posting the names of the commanders in question from now on. It leads to flaming, and flaming leads to lockage. And this could turn out to be a rather fun thread.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 06:58:15 AM by lolfighter »
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

May 30, 2004, 04:12:17 PM
Reply #1

Temm

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• Personal Text
    Bam in the FACE
    • View Profile
ahh...shotty rushed two of the hives on Nothing...it gives me such satisfaction.

May 30, 2004, 04:44:33 PM
Reply #2

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Relocation to the BOTTOM of the Pit of Death in ns_bast.  Xenociding marines and sending them all off the ledge and watch em fall 5 ft to the black trigger_hurt area :lol:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 04:44:54 PM by Diablus »

May 30, 2004, 05:36:38 PM
Reply #3

Satanic Monkey

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.thecatacombs.net
I forget what map but it was 2.0. I seen a comm reloc somewhere and cc block a corridor and nobody could leave or enter  :p
Don't mess with me punk, I'll post in your

May 30, 2004, 10:24:55 PM
Reply #4

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
- Medspam marines who were in great peril by a half-dead offense chamber. Did I mention it was roughly twelve feet around the corner from the armory, and we had roughly seventeen res on hand.

- Lead us to the victory of killing about eight hives. Every single time he refused to lock down the hive and they'd take it again. Did I mention this commander was SuckzBad himself? After the team started calling him a 'dumbass ****tard' did he finally figure that dropping a PG in the hives would be a somewhat good idea. We lost.

- Shotgun rushing nearly seven games in a row with a stacked team against scrub aliens.

- CC walling me.

- Beaconing his team that was killing the last hive because a Fade was attacking the CC. "A vote to eject the commander has been started".

May 31, 2004, 03:39:34 AM
Reply #5

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
- I once lost to SC! Oooh those were the days.

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet

May 31, 2004, 08:45:47 AM
Reply #6

X-S-Z

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Relocation to the BOTTOM of the Pit of Death in ns_bast.  Xenociding marines and sending them all off the ledge and watch em fall 5 ft to the black trigger_hurt area :lol:
:o  ^_^

Guess who that big cow is up there!

May 31, 2004, 02:38:02 PM
Reply #7

Seth

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://go.to/simclarke
first off i droped that seige because you guys clearly could not take double the first 2 times you rushed it.

we later went on to loose the round due to poor shooters on your guy's part, not mine.

thats all i say, because this is stupid, i saw more then you did, they had gorges healing and building more ocs but you clearly did not see this because umm wait let me think, THE WHOLE TEAM WAS DEAD.

long story short, you guys ssucked.
Through the mudd and the blood to the green fields beyond, for ours is not to question why our is but to do or die.

And when we die and die we shall to saint peter we shall tell, just another soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell.

May 31, 2004, 03:42:12 PM
Reply #8

cutter

• Skulk

• View Profile
Relocation to the BOTTOM of the Pit of Death in ns_bast.  Xenociding marines and sending them all off the ledge and watch em fall 5 ft to the black trigger_hurt area :lol:
Ohh but how fun that was.  I loved bein xenocided off the edge ha ha ha.

June 01, 2004, 06:56:50 AM
Reply #9

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Hmm. New rule: When posting something in here, do not mention the commander by name. It'll only lead to flaming.

Edit: Unless the commander is YOURSELF, you hairsplitters. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 08:00:52 AM by lolfighter »

June 01, 2004, 07:30:26 AM
Reply #10

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Commander: [mmi]rad4Christ  :D
I was commanding on ayumi, hive was hamasaki. I noticed  an egg in pressure, pinged it, and saw a gorge finish egging. I was being "proactive" and sent my team to siege it out before it went up, We got in, built phase gate, TF, siege tech, 4 turrets, three sieges, and elec the TF. Ping.... nothing. By then AE35 was up, nodes gone, and onos in oxygen. GG.

I've sieged so many empty hives, but usually it's ok with me b/c I know they're locked at one hive. But that map I took for granted my eliteness as a comm, and it backfired. As always pride will be your downfall.

Dumbest commander I've ever seen? Easy, playing on LM on ns_agora. We had a comm who dropped a TF at EVERY SINGLE NODE, even the two that are ten feet from base. We lost so miserably b/c by the time we lamed up anx1&2, the pit, and analysis, they had two hives, and third on the way. fades and gorges cleared all the lame in less than 2 minutes, and base was gone. And he leftas soon as we lost ground...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 07:34:06 AM by [mmi]rad4Christ »
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

June 01, 2004, 11:59:36 AM
Reply #11

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
rad4Christ,Jun 1 2004, 02:30 PM] Dumbest commander I've ever seen? Easy, playing on LM on ns_agora. We had a comm who dropped a TF at EVERY SINGLE NODE, even the two that are ten feet from base. We lost so miserably b/c by the time we lamed up anx1&2, the pit, and analysis, they had two hives, and third on the way. fades and gorges cleared all the lame in less than 2 minutes, and base was gone. And he leftas soon as we lost ground...
I saw that alot by the 3.0 release, i don't know why but i did.

Once in a pug we decided to shotty-rush since we had no comm.
I jumped in the CC, listened for the Hive, dropped 5 SG's and they sat of to SatCom. But when they were there we noticed there as no hive there.
So on their way to Cargo they all got killed by skulks. GG.

God i suck as comm.
<snip>, your sig image is, or rather was i suppose, 48kb, max size is 22kb. - DHP
<zing>, your mom is, or rather was i suppose, 200kg, max size is 100kg LOL - clashen

June 01, 2004, 01:04:58 PM
Reply #12

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
How to know the game is lost within the first 30 seconds:

- The first thing the comm drops is a tfac.
- The first thing the comm researches is W1 instead of A1.
- The comm drops a tfac at the first RT.
- The comm drops two IPs, an armory, and a bunch of turrets, then jumps out and says "Who wants to comm?"
- Everyone on the team runs out of spawn as soon as the game starts, and the comm doesn't do anything about it.
- The comm gets into the chair and doesn't do anything... at all...
- The comm drops an armory and then drops one shotgun next to the chair, then gets out. He later screams for someone to get in and med/ammospam him while he spawncamps the hive. (As a side note, at this point it is quite appropriate for you to get into the chair and drop an unbuilt tfac on his head)
- The first thing the comm drops is another comm chair. In marine start.
- The comm gets in the chair, followed by a lot of random noises over voice comm, "What does --- oh... hmmmm... so then I... ahhh.... But how do I... What about... I see... oh... OOPS!" and then the comm chair starts recycling itself.

I've seen almost all of those happen in real games.  :angry:

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

June 01, 2004, 01:08:10 PM
Reply #13

-Lancer-

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
funniest thing ive seen is the comm drop about 8-9 IP's in ns_hera. The game actually went on for about 30 mins, surprisingly, we lost though. GG.

June 01, 2004, 02:49:43 PM
Reply #14

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
back in the 2.0 day I would relocate to the other side of the marine base in eclipse, and keep the origional base, were talking 3-4 ips per side, phase gate, and both bases would have armslab, armoury, proto, tfac etc.

<3
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

June 01, 2004, 05:36:50 PM
Reply #15

Majin

• Skulk

• View Profile
I was comming on Eclipse (the day I met NITE), it was my first time comming in 3.0 and the game was small at first.  I killed a hive and caped res then after we rushed a second hive (after they re took one of the others) I simpely asked over Voice COmm
"OK I don't know what to do!?"
Followed by variations of
"I'm not a very good comm"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 05:37:09 PM by Majin »

June 01, 2004, 06:34:31 PM
Reply #16

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
The ubar supar sekrats of being a supar comm:

1. Always have a plan, even if you don't.

2. Always act on that plan. If no plan, see sekrat number one.

Really, even if you have NO CLUE what to do next, do something. Drop a bunch of shotguns and rush a hive. Push for a choke point. Recap RTs near base. The game has a certain flow to it that's pretty simple once you play for a while. I know you're a good enough marine that you can recognize it from the field. You know what a comm should do, because you know what you want the comm to do as a marine. Handling it all from above can be odd at first, but you do get used to it eventually. Just keep after it and you'll get better. AND if you always SOUND like you know what you're doing, even if you do lose, the marines won't blame you, they'll say 'good try, man'.

I should really comm again, if I could just do it without having to leave the game afterwards and bang my head on a wall... So if you can handle the occasional idiots, go for it. No one will blame you while you're getting used to it. Or I'll ban them.  >:D

June 01, 2004, 06:47:24 PM
Reply #17

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
1) cap rts
2) upgrade, pass out stuff
3) attack
4) go back to 1
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

June 01, 2004, 09:18:33 PM
Reply #18

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
My plan only has two steps. ERGO I WIN.

June 01, 2004, 11:19:06 PM
Reply #19

george

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://offwheel.gotdns.com
1. I've sieged one hive that was not there before..i always ping before i start dropping such things now. Mostly because i was flamed horribly for it.

2. comms that continually bark orders and flame marines when they dont follow them. Asking is one thing, telling is another, barking is too much, and then flaming people who dont/cant follow them for whatever reasons is just uncivilized and rude(imo).

3. On tanith i told my marines to get to cargo while i knew the main hive was fusion...i rushed pgs and they put up quite a fight for it but eventually lost it and we lost the game, never got a tf up due to all the action.

4. Comms that blame marines for the loss.  I take every lost game that i commed as my loss and blame myself for the majority of its downfall.  I was on tantih and placed a wp on the wall that blows up to siege sat comm and the rines tried to weld it instead of the weldable.  Not the rines fault but mine for not taking to time to give the waypoint in the correct spot the first time. I apologize to those marines. Avoiding the blame game if at all possible whenever possible tho.

If you have recently asked me what the plan is while i was comming and i said "Capturing strategic locations and holding them until we get in position to siege a hive"
Thats the short generic version to save time.  When i first started comming i gave them my entire starting plan and it might have worked once if i got lucky. Plus if they change teams its like BAM brick wall. Marines are strictly on a NEED TO KNOW BASIS. ;) jk

--George