Author Topic: Suggestions For Ns  (Read 8238 times)

May 23, 2004, 08:31:58 AM
Reply #40

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
Refund alien resources for 'devolving'. Why is a fade / onos / lerk punished for devolving to a gorge? If they successfully devolve, give them back their resources.
Then they could just save up 30res, Go Lerk. Be Lerk for 20resdevolve to skulk and get 50res, Go Fade, Be Fade for 25res and then devolvde, get 75res and then go Onos and pwn.

Confusing but you get the point.
<snip>, your sig image is, or rather was i suppose, 48kb, max size is 22kb. - DHP
<zing>, your mom is, or rather was i suppose, 200kg, max size is 100kg LOL - clashen

May 23, 2004, 09:10:07 AM
Reply #41

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Clashen has a point, and its a fundamental flaw in the alien resource system.  What he said illustrates that features that attempt to fix the resource system usually make it worse.

Perhaps higher lifeforms should gain half as much res as skulks/gorges then?
God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]

May 25, 2004, 03:59:46 PM
Reply #42

@gentOrange

• Fade

• View Profile
I have a few ideas...probably to radical to implement but here goes nothin

Marines
  • Motion Tracking should be only on the minimap. The base alien can only be effective using stealth and ambushes and once marines get MT that is impossible as it is now.
  • Catpacks. Noone uses them. Make them cost 15-20 res to research and make it a slot 4 item. A marine either gets one shot with it and it takes 10 health lasting around 10 seconds. Or as many shots as he needs taking 15-20 health each time. Does not affect armor.
     Aliens
  • When a skulk dies a set ammount of times (or maybe gets a set ammount of kills before death) with a certain upgrade he spawns automatically for the rest of the game with that upgrade. This would make skulks worthwhile for the rest of the game much as marines are. I prefer the death scenario because the marines get res for the kills so it balances itself out. So after 20 deaths a skulk may spawn with 4 different upgrades and can still choose from the remaining chambers like a combat skulk.
  • Reduce the cost of sensory chambers to 5 res to make it a better first hive choice. I think it's a good choice now but people don't use it because to use it's full effect you have to have a network (although noone ever builds DC nets so this is a moot point you hypocrits)
  • Remove marine knockback. If a skulk gets close enough to bite a marine he shouldn't be able to live. Especially if he didn't even know the skulk was there untill the first bite.
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 28kb - DHP

May 26, 2004, 01:44:56 PM
Reply #43

Majin

• Skulk

• View Profile
Knock back is the bitch of all problems for a skulk.
Its so unfair.
Not to mention that trying to get a 3rd bite in before he kills you is so damn HARD!