Author Topic: What Frustrates You The Most While Playing Ns?  (Read 13462 times)

April 26, 2004, 12:21:58 PM
Read 13462 times

Temm

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• Personal Text
    Bam in the FACE
    • View Profile
don'cha hate it when ur a skulk go around a corner and BLAM! killed by one shotty bullet?

April 26, 2004, 12:26:13 PM
Reply #1

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://
no that doesn't bother me at all what bothers me is people who complain about being killed by a shotty every time they get killed by one in one shot, but hey to each his own <_<
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

April 26, 2004, 12:29:24 PM
Reply #2

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
I really hate when noone is welding when you have a HA train going, and everyone gets killed by a couple of skulks.
<snip>, your sig image is, or rather was i suppose, 48kb, max size is 22kb. - DHP
<zing>, your mom is, or rather was i suppose, 200kg, max size is 100kg LOL - clashen

April 26, 2004, 12:50:01 PM
Reply #3

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
I hate being the bait, well i don't hate the bait part in total, the part I hate most is that the marines behind me dont GET that im Bait, and in return dont give me any cover... at all...... ever. :)

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

April 26, 2004, 01:15:04 PM
Reply #4

BigD

• Skulk

• View Profile
people complaining about the beta patches in game..

April 26, 2004, 01:21:01 PM
Reply #5

Seth

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://go.to/simclarke
just stupid marines in general

sometimes it gets so bad i feel like getting outta the comm chair and gunning a few of them down
Through the mudd and the blood to the green fields beyond, for ours is not to question why our is but to do or die.

And when we die and die we shall to saint peter we shall tell, just another soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell.

April 26, 2004, 02:15:32 PM
Reply #6

NedFlanders

• Lerker

• View Profile
I only complain for 2 things

1. Your a skulk and you bite the marine and like 6 bloodspurts come out and he doesnt die...
2. When everyone is saying OMG GET THROUGH THE PHASE GATE WE CAN WIN, and people just hump the armory  v_v

April 26, 2004, 02:36:13 PM
Reply #7

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
-the phrase 'i win'
-'elite' players who just want a high K : D score, and will go to any lengths to do it (not follow orders, go off and rambo, reswhore to fade all the time)
-ppl who jump in the cc, spend all the starting rez, then say "OK! WHO WANTS TO COMM? i SUCK AT THIS"
-young'uns and their reflexes
-everyone asking for Owl CommRage, but insist on going to waypoints, doing everything i ask, showing initiative, and basically, all the stuff that makes me mellow out. ;)
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

April 26, 2004, 02:39:48 PM
Reply #8

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
No armorys, whole team of res whores saving for onos, leap doing less damage than parasite, exploiters, llamas, voice comm spam, steam errors, poor map layouts, slow and noisy doors, glass which takes 15 bites to break, handgrenades, people with welders ramboing, sunglares on my monitor, gamma "0", uhhhh I could think of a lot more but this is good :D

I reveal penis I know psychology.

April 26, 2004, 03:35:58 PM
Reply #9

Lito

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
leap does ALOT more than parasite.

try going on top of a marine, then look down and leap.  his health will go down like a madman on crack.
Go, go, go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
aah - Johnny B. GONE
sig images must not exceed 22kb -DHP

Thanks to Bijiy for help on the sig
Japanese Lesbian Kissing ftw
Waffles aer teh lews.

April 26, 2004, 05:15:50 PM
Reply #10

Sancho

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
Ah, a place to put my annoyances:

INPROPER COVERING

Ya know, when you are building an RT and your teammate says he'll cover you, then goes off to a corner.

To properly cover someone, you need to be RIGHT next to him, so that the skulk is running at both of you and you can hit him, rather than just at your partner, and sort of at you at an angle which is very hard to hit.  In this case, usually the marine, on purpose or unintentionally, uses you as bait while you build.

What really comes to mind is south loop on ns_eclipse, where no skulk should EVER make it to the RT when you have someone covering you, because there is a good 50 FEET HALLWAY THE SKULK MUST PASS THROUGH.  Nonetheless, my teammates always "cover me" on the far wall away from the RT and let the skulks run up and chew me down EVERY SINGLE TIME!

COVERING INSTEAD OF BUILDING/KNIFING A NODE

If you have 3 or 4 marines at a node.  There is NEVER a good reason to cover, because if all 3/4 marines build at once, the RT will be done before a skulk has a chance to get halfway to your squad anyway.  Seriously.  And it doesn't take that long to stop building/knifing and pull your gun out anyway.  In fact, the only time when I can see it proper to cover is when you are setting siege up outside of a hive.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 05:17:24 PM by Sancho »

April 26, 2004, 07:24:09 PM
Reply #11

Grillkohle

• Gorge

• View Profile
-the phrase 'i win'
-'elite' players who just want a high K : D score, and will go to any lengths to do it (not follow orders, go off and rambo, reswhore to fade all the time)
-ppl who jump in the cc, spend all the starting rez, then say "OK! WHO WANTS TO COMM? i SUCK AT THIS"
-young'uns and their reflexes
-everyone asking for Owl CommRage, but insist on going to waypoints, doing everything i ask, showing initiative, and basically, all the stuff that makes me mellow out. ;)
Noes! I missed Owl's commrage today. :(

April 26, 2004, 07:28:10 PM
Reply #12

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I know! Every commander would hate that situation. :p

Yeah, I think you know what I hate (hopefully high-speed net will get here some day).
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

April 26, 2004, 07:34:56 PM
Reply #13

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
I hate when LA marines chase after me as onos, there SUPPOSED to piss thier pants when they see an onos. <_<

oh wait, i almost forgot this isnt 1.0 anymore :o
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 07:35:19 PM by Diablus »

April 26, 2004, 08:16:27 PM
Reply #14

Evangelion_2

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Gorges/Lerks blocking your way as onos while being hammered on by hmgs/shotguns.
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 38kb - DHP (the loser)
MrBill:Ohhhhhhh NooooO!!!!

April 26, 2004, 08:57:20 PM
Reply #15

sonic

• Fade

• View Profile

Thats 99% of the vets then ^^  :p

April 26, 2004, 10:36:52 PM
Reply #16

Nuketheplace

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
I resent that, 99% my ass it has to be more like 99.5%. (Theres my try at some humor today)  Anyway maybe if you didn't stereotype vets we might not act like kills are the only thing that are important.  Besides if ns vets ever want to get kills they have CS to play.

April 26, 2004, 11:44:24 PM
Reply #17

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
leap does ALOT more than parasite.

try going on top of a marine, then look down and leap.  his health will go down like a madman on crack.
Yes, and if you happen to find an AFK marine just sitting about in a convenient corner so you don't slide off his head like a butter, then GG you get a leap kill. Be sure to save a screenshot for some silly webpage.  ;)

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

April 27, 2004, 12:12:19 AM
Reply #18

ThoraX

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
I hate it when I have 2 OCs going up in a choke, a marine comes around the corner, hops over while taking OC fire, chases me a few feet, kills me, then gets killed by my OCs. That means that I have to spend an extra 10 res to go gorge again when I could have used it to drop another OC somewhere or something. (yes, I'm an OC whore when I can afford it)

oh, and I also hate people who INSIST on reloading everything from their LMG to their knife before going through the phasegate where we really need another marine there... oh, and people who try to set up 'truces' early-mid game and run off into hives and dance around with gorges leaving us short another man when the teams are stacked in favor of aliens.

One more thing... I hate it when we start off with the no-comm strat which pretty much forces me to comm to give us some chance at all at a decent game. I don't like doing that... I think i've only commed 2 winning games on LM, and both were flukes or I had a good team of regs on.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2004, 12:12:55 AM by ThoraX »
This is going to be some kind of reunion, isn't it?

April 27, 2004, 12:51:00 AM
Reply #19

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Rounds starting with 3 people on each team whilst everyone else jumps around in the readyroom, when i'm comming i don't want the  5 minutes to be me reiterating my starting orders to people who are slowly but surely joining. It's hard to start a round as a comm when in the first 3 minutes the 3 aliens who bothered to join all get 50 res very very quickly and by then your 2 folks have finished building base the entire map is llamed up, fades have turned up and we stil haven't got out of base and got any nodes. Jebus people, JOIN THE ROUND PEOPLE.

ooh, actually, there is a pluggin that autoassigns people to a random team when the round starts so you can avoid that sort of crap. :D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2004, 12:52:57 AM by Mr.Ben »

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet