Author Topic: Broken Motherboard  (Read 6546 times)

April 21, 2004, 12:01:58 PM
Reply #20

BlaqWolf

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
(okay, i broke it while i was trying to put the WRONG ram in it... EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES!! EVERYONE!!!)
:blink: Man, what did you do to that poor mobo ? Use a hammer to get the ram fixed in it ?
well.. no.. it wasn't entirely all my fault... because.. um.. *the guy* who put my mobo in didn't put a support in that corner of the mobo. so while putting the ram in i bent the board a bit.
*In Soviet Russia, armory humps you!

April 21, 2004, 02:53:21 PM
Reply #21

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://
Got yet another board that I'll be trying out tonight, probably with a new power supply, as I think my PS may be what's eating motherboards. I just tested the board here at work, and it does boot. So we'll see what happens. I did get to play a wee bit of NS on my girlfriend's computer last night. After much tweakage I got NS to run in D3D mode in 640x480 and with NO special nice effects at ALL. I totally sucked with that hideous frame rate and with her generic unresponsive two button mouse. But I did at least get half of a game in before she came home and started screaming at me for using her computer!  :(

So we'll see what happens tonight...

Edit: Okay, I tried the second board from work. It ALSO is screwed up. There's probably a reason these boards are sitting in a pile in the back instead of being used in computers. However a friend of mine whom you might have seen as 'Admojostrator' on the forums here lent me a working P3 board and chip, and the SDRAM to go with it. So then all I had to do was load up XP on another hard drive (it refused to read my 160 GB drive correctly) and now I'm finally up and running... With just a ton of drivers to update, steam and half life and a million games to reinstall, a good web browser, IRC... I'm in for a long night.

BUT! It's working for the moment!  :D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 10:19:21 PM by BobTheJanitor »

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck