Author Topic: Help  (Read 12059 times)

April 18, 2004, 09:01:32 AM
Reply #20

Tombomb

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
Now off to start a new topic.... MY AVATAR!!!! MWUAHHAHAHAHAHAH!

Thanks Dubb & Satiagraha for teh sweet hook up of Sig and Avatar
(Quote) Tombomb
DURPDE DUURRR????

April 18, 2004, 11:22:28 AM
Reply #21

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
What he means is that double posting = a no no! Use the edit button if you're gonna say something more right after what you just said :p.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

April 18, 2004, 05:00:18 PM
Reply #22

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
Well I'll be...my only problem was just rasterizing the layer styles on the type - bwhever I flattened the two halves together the transparency would disappear for some reason or another.

*shrug*  Thanks!
If you use "merge visible", it will keep transparencies, although I just copied and pasted them side by side in a new image with a transparent background.  Besides, if you ever loose transparency, and your transparence becomes white, remember that it is pure white (255,255,255) and you can use the magic wand (with a tolerence of 0) and delete the white that it replaced the transparency with, thus restoring the transparent background.

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

April 18, 2004, 05:25:35 PM
Reply #23

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Well I'll be...my only problem was just rasterizing the layer styles on the type - bwhever I flattened the two halves together the transparency would disappear for some reason or another.

*shrug*  Thanks!
If you use "merge visible", it will keep transparencies, although I just copied and pasted them side by side in a new image with a transparent background.  Besides, if you ever loose transparency, and your transparence becomes white, remember that it is pure white (255,255,255) and you can use the magic wand (with a tolerence of 0) and delete the white that it replaced the transparency with, thus restoring the transparent background.
Yep - the white was exactly what I was talking about.  I think the reason that I wasn't able to get the transparency back was that fact that I was working with the file as a jpg rather than a gif.  Once I saved it as a gif and THEN went back and merged them, it worked fine :)

I guess you really do learn something new every day.  Thanks Sati!

April 19, 2004, 11:05:20 AM
Reply #24

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
Moved to the artwork forum.
To the stars!

insert witty line here

April 19, 2004, 08:37:19 PM
Reply #25

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
I was working with the file as a jpg rather than a gif.
Try creating a new project and just copy/paste the image into that new project (hint: when you create a new project and you have an image on your clipboard, it automatically suggests that the new project be the size of your clipboard image = very helpful).  The reason I suggest you use a new project and then put the image into that instead of directly editing the image (jpeg or gif) is because project files support everything, all colors, full/partial transparencies, the whole bit. Jpegs don't support transparencies (as you have found out) and Gifs don't support more than 256 colors or partial transparencies.  Using the project file gives you freedom to create an image exactly like you want it, perfect in every aspect, then you can export that and convert it to a gif or jpeg or tiff or png or whatever.

Just a little advice ^_^
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 08:37:33 PM by Satiagraha »

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK