Author Topic: The Onos  (Read 5721 times)

March 29, 2004, 05:38:12 AM
Read 5721 times

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
The blastdoor wouldn't last much longer. I ejected the spent clip from my light machine gun, jamming a fresh one home. One in the gun, one in the belt, and me all alone. Not a good outlook when you're facing something as big and heavy as a rinoceros, and twice as strong. The blastdoor now looked seriously out of shape, and I stepped back a few paces in case it came flying from its hinges when the beast finally broke through. It did. With a screeching sound of hardened steel being torn apart, the heavy door was ripped from its frame and sent flying, crashing to the ground and grinding along it with a wailing sound. A sense of foreboding filled me as the monstrous shape of my adversary emerged from the shadows. For a moment it just stood there, its small red eyes narrowing, fixing their peircing gaze on me. I returned the stare, knowing that my odds were slim, but prepared to take my chances. My foe gave a low, grumbling grunt, sending a stream of steam from its nostrils. Then, with a bellowing roar, it charged.

I turned tail and ran. I ran down corridors, past alcoves I didn't dare hide in in case the Onos found me, over pipes that had crashed down from the ceiling during the explosion a few hours back, through several smaller and larger rooms, then even more corridors. All the while I could hear the beast pounding away at the floor plates behind me, sometimes getting closer, sometimes falling behind a little, but never tiring. I didn't dare look back - if I'd fall over something now or make a wrong turn it'd all be over. Still my pursuer was hot on my heels, several times I felt its hot, humid breath down my neck, but it hadn't caught me yet. The Onos seemed tireless in its pursuit, but my breath was faltering. My lungs were afire, my legs felt like sticks that could give way at any moment. If I wanted to come out of this alive, I had to come up with a plan, and fast. I made another right turn, and found myself at the end of a blind corridor. The corridor turned darker, and as I turned, the Onos stood in the entrance, looming. It knew it had trapped me, that there was no way out, that I could no longer get away. I was reminded of a cat, the way it eyes a mouse in a corner, knowing that it has won, savouring the moment, the pinnacle of the hunt, the moment before the kill. Even better if the prey still tries to resist, to fight to the last. The prey, in this case, thought likewise, as I opened fire with my puny lmg. I could see a few bullets connecting, spattering blood onto the surrounding walls, but most of them just ricocheted off the massive headplate harmlessly. The Onos now came thundering down the corridor, a freight train of flesh and bones. I smacked the emergency sealing button for the airlock bulkhead.

My nemesis lay crushed between the powerful mandibles of the hydraulic bulkhead door. It was still living, but barely. Great gouts of steam mixing with yellow blood came from its mouth and nostrils, the creature taking its last breaths. As I drew closer, I heard what sounded almost like mumbling from the mouth of the beast. I bent down, and as my adversary exhaled for the last time, I distinctly heard it:

"omg h4x"

March 29, 2004, 05:40:19 AM
Reply #1

sonic

• Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Very nice  :)

March 29, 2004, 07:52:15 PM
Reply #2

Isamil

• Onos

• View Profile
Ahh, killing onos with elevators, fun fun.

March 31, 2004, 04:55:46 AM
Reply #3

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Door! Door! Not elevator! DOOR!

March 31, 2004, 08:26:32 AM
Reply #4

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
Pretty funny stuff. Fortunately I've never been killed by a door in NS yet. Plenty of elevator deaths though.  :angry:

March 31, 2004, 09:42:32 AM
Reply #5

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I get my share of them with the doors on nancy. (NOT by killing myself in the door to break it in a half open state: that's lame and anyone intentionally doing it will be slapped with a wet monkey tail) Either by luring them at me and then hitting the switch and running, or, even better, by letting them run into an area to attack us and then closing the door behind them. Ohhhhhh they love that let me tell you. Nothing like the sound of a button desperately being pressed and then the death scream of an angry onos. Now if only they'd make the marine damage to alien armor ratio more sensible so I could feel like something had been accomplished when an onos is killed.  :angry:

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

March 31, 2004, 12:07:31 PM
Reply #6

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
very nice there lf
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

March 31, 2004, 12:22:24 PM
Reply #7

ThoraX

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
hehe... cool story.

I get my share of them with the doors on nancy.

heh, that reminded me of one game on nancy. A jetpacker was running from an onos out of the marine start. I figured it would be best to close the door as soon as the JPer got though to slow down the onos... I hit the button a little too early... Crushed the JPer in mid-flight and broke the door. Then I read "who the hell closed the door on me?"

I stayed quiet.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 12:22:54 PM by ThoraX »
This is going to be some kind of reunion, isn't it?

April 03, 2004, 10:09:18 PM
Reply #8

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
Hahahahhahahahhaha! :lol:

wonderful! I give it 2 silver thumbs up! (I can't afford gold o_O )

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

November 30, 2004, 11:43:00 AM
Reply #9

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
olo sati

LF, perhaps you could tell us a little bit about this explosion that occured earlier

I loved the omg h4x ending, it got me to laugh out loud. I've seen temjin as comm kill fades with that door in nancy, and it reminded me of it. You do an excellent job in painting the mental picture of him running away.
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

December 01, 2004, 08:35:06 AM
Reply #10

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Hmm, the explosion earlier. I COULD, but not in this story, that'd bog it down too much.

December 01, 2004, 01:31:11 PM
Reply #11

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
well yeah, thats what I meant

PREQUEL BABAY
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.

December 02, 2004, 07:12:55 AM
Reply #12

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Ugh, I don't know if I could bring myself to fall for the prequel fad.

December 02, 2004, 08:46:29 AM
Reply #13

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
<_<

[edit]
When I was reading you talked about the large explosion, I thought to myself "hmm I bet there could be a decent story in that, especially with the way LF writes"  :huh:
[/edit]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 08:47:42 AM by That Annoying Kid »

December 04, 2004, 10:35:35 AM
Reply #14

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
now if the Onos was smart enough to use stomp he wouldnt of had this problem. Must've been a NSplayer

December 05, 2004, 08:00:36 AM
Reply #15

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Single hive Onos all the way baby.

December 05, 2004, 08:33:36 AM
Reply #16

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
well he still could've eatten the guy before he pushed the button to close and thus break the doors on the onos
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

December 05, 2004, 08:59:43 AM
Reply #17

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
[snapback]35238[/snapback]
So when you said "charged" in the story, you meant he was just running at him like normal?

And why couldn't the onos catch up with the marine? They run faster.

It was entertaining, I must say. :D
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

December 05, 2004, 09:53:58 AM
Reply #18

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile

actually, unless it has celerity its slower than a Marine (why do u think Marines always chase Onos with hmgs when its at hive 1 with D chambers?)

December 05, 2004, 10:32:43 AM
Reply #19

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
[snapback]35238[/snapback]
So when you said "charged" in the story, you meant he was just running at him like normal?[...]
[snapback]35250[/snapback]
Yep...

actually, unless it has celerity its slower than a Marine (why do u think Marines always chase Onos with hmgs when its at hive 1 with D chambers?)
[snapback]35253[/snapback]
... and yep.