Author Topic: March 15th, Was A Bad Day For Me!  (Read 6540 times)

March 18, 2004, 03:00:21 PM
Reply #20

Keyser59

• Gorge

• View Profile
I was implying vanilla marines, which I thought I made fairly obvious.

I even made the concession that devouring la-lmg marines is okay if a whole group is shooting you.

But devouring a lone vanilla marine when you have the opportunity to gore him makes no sense.

March 18, 2004, 03:23:18 PM
Reply #21

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
main reason i devour lone rines is cuz most of the time theyre ramboing, plus keeping them in your tummy longer is better for aliens since if you just gored him, he would respawn and be back shooting you in 10 seconds, while eating him gives him a nice time out to rest.
-_^

March 18, 2004, 04:58:06 PM
Reply #22

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
The fact remains, no matter how much anybody bitches and moans about Devour, it will still be there. Sure it is a major annoyance to be devoured overe and over again, but it is one of the only things the Kharaa can do to make their end game win more entertaining. Just like marines can go build up mini-forts and seige farms as mentioned before, the Kharaa are allowed to get in a bunch of Devours.

And hey, if someone goes and rambos off, its their own fault when they get Devoured.

March 18, 2004, 06:28:42 PM
Reply #23

a civilian

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
What, exactly, is so entertaining about devour?  Personally, I do not derive any entertainment from using it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 06:29:06 PM by a civilian »

March 18, 2004, 07:26:10 PM
Reply #24

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
But devouring a lone vanilla marine when you have the opportunity to gore him makes no sense.

2 reasons,
1: i enjoy pissing off rambos because theyre just as bad as a mic spammer who thinks this is cs,
2: it promotes teamwork. u wanna go ahead and rambo off when im onos then your asking for it. i always have devour or stomp primed, its more like a 1 hit kill on a lone marine, instead of wasting your valuble time trying to gore a bunnyhopping marine hopping all around you which tends to piss me off

March 19, 2004, 11:07:01 PM
Reply #25

SaltzBad

• Gorge

• View Profile
I suppose digesting marines when things are still even is okay, because it does give a very small advantage (But I'm sure no game was so close that aliens won by digesting marines instead of killing them). However, when you know you've won, it's just plain bad sportsmanship to digest marines. And thats the most common form of digesting that I've seen.
6on6 would be 3 'rines in the field after 2 Onos devour one each - or almost half your team gone. Or going from 2.5 rines/Onos to 1.5 rines-to-onos. No, really I dare say Devouring is pretty damn useful - and theres so many reasons to devour an LMG 'rine. Maybe he's just the easiest one to devour in the group, so its one hit instead of 3 (and he's out of the game for a bit). Maybe he's the most dangerous guy, or you simply need the health (early game Redemption Onos for example).

*shrug*

Its simply not all that aweful a thing to do - if the Onos wants to take the tradeoff at that time, fair game. If he's winning anyway, that'll make him win faster - if he's not, then he's just trying to win. Running out and ramboing LMG/LA is just a gamble that the Onos won't consider you worthy of devouring, not a gaurantee for easy comftorable respawns.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 11:09:08 PM by SaltzBad »

March 20, 2004, 01:14:03 AM
Reply #26

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
Just because the Comm isn't on the feild doesn't mean he's counted out of the game. Sure, he may not be shooting anything, but he his the guy spamming meds and dropping everything essential to the Marines.