Author Topic: I Took My Blood Pressure Yesterday At Work...  (Read 3937 times)

February 21, 2004, 11:46:51 AM
Read 3937 times

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
97/64

Is that good? :huh: I thought 100 systolic was normal or something, but I'm a chemist, not a doctor :p

February 21, 2004, 12:14:13 PM
Reply #1

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://
You're a chemist? Does that mean you're cooking up meth in a basement lab or something?

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

February 21, 2004, 12:29:27 PM
Reply #2

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
97/64! wow dude with that pressure id say u have another 5 seconds to live

hmm,  guess i was wrong
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 12:30:07 PM by Diablus »

February 21, 2004, 12:30:18 PM
Reply #3

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
You're a chemist? Does that mean you're cooking up meth in a basement lab or something?
In Colorado - Wyoming, that seems to be the fad as of late. And considering I sell the restricted items in this state REQUIRED to make it, if I truely wanted to, I proably could :p
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 12:30:35 PM by Uranium - 235 »

February 21, 2004, 01:56:11 PM
Reply #4

Ulatoh

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/user=starvingpoet
that pressure sux, normal is like 70/120 or something...    its not high, actually seems weak.
Virus removed.
Your sig pic contained naughty language. Removed. -lolfighter
I never had a sig pic :p
Then where'd that picture come from?
Nanites.

February 21, 2004, 02:44:20 PM
Reply #5

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Ahh, the almighty GoOgLe

Normal blood pressure for a healthy adult is 120/80 . . . and just what the heck is that supposed to mean?

Low blood pressure is an abnormal condition where a person's blood pressure (the pressure of the blood against the walls of the blood vessels during and after each beat of the heart) is much lower than usual, which can cause symptoms such as dizziness or lightheadedness.
Considerations    Return to top

When the blood pressure is too low, there is inadequate blood flow to the heart, brain, and other vital organs.

olo pwnt ;) That might explain some things...

I like this: I don't play sports, I don't eat very healthy, I don't exercise much, but I'm one of the healthiest people I know.

Right now I'm eating a quesadilla...

Hurrah for geekdom :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 02:50:42 PM by Uranium - 235 »

February 23, 2004, 11:47:23 PM
Reply #6

BrianL03

• Lerker

• View Profile
You're back working at Ace... only the Colorado variety Ace which are equipped for every bombmaker's needs?

February 24, 2004, 02:59:59 AM
Reply #7

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Sportsmen have, combined with blood doping, died of low heart rates. Low heart rate is a sign of being fit, so don't be too proud of that pressure o' yours. ;)

February 24, 2004, 01:25:25 PM
Reply #8

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Yeah - with a blood pressure like that you must be getting some excercise in on the side.  Perhaps some jogging or mountain biking?

YOU HAVE, HAVEN'T YOU!?!  *slaps uranium and throws a bucket of water on his face*

Don't lie to us, dammit.  We have ways of knowing.  You know your buddy out there?  he already told us that you've been hitting the ol' cardiavascular activities like a drum lately.  What's your alibi now, punk!?!!?  :p

February 24, 2004, 02:09:54 PM
Reply #9

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yes I'm sure we'd all rise up in a rage and take him down, if we could actually get up out of our computer chairs without having to rest for five minutes from the exertion.

February 24, 2004, 03:17:51 PM
Reply #10

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
Heh, If it weren't for school (which I'm in right now... :blink: ) then I wouldn't get out of my computer chair, not even to sleep :lol:

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

February 24, 2004, 03:36:08 PM
Reply #11

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Heh, If it weren't for school (which I'm in right now... :blink: ) then I wouldn't get out of my computer chair, not even to sleep :lol:
SHUSHIE!! pretty boy! your visor beckons..... :p
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

February 25, 2004, 07:45:14 AM
Reply #12

BrianL03

• Lerker

• View Profile
Yeah... y'know what sucks? Dave *doesn't* do anything, and hasn't gained a pound... he's skinny like a twig.

I join swim team, do some biking every so often, walk a lot, hell, I'm playing broomball, and I just keep gaining pounds.

DARN YOU AND YOUR METABOLISM!

February 25, 2004, 08:20:51 AM
Reply #13

Smoke Nova

• Skulk

• View Profile
My blood pressure is usually somewhere between 90/70 to 110/70, depending upon the day.  

Now Uranium, did you take it with one of those automated blood pressure cuff's?

February 25, 2004, 03:17:36 PM
Reply #14

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yep, I don't like to move. I'm interested in getting a cholesterol test as well... and I got it taken with an actual pressure cuff by the pharmacist. I did it in a, autocuff as well and it gave the same reading thereabout so...

I dunno, hell, I eat some healthy, I eat some ^^ty food... I don't lift, nor like lifting weights, but I can lift quite a bit. I don't really play sports, but I'm really agile, quick, and a great sprinter. *shrug*
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 04:21:16 PM by Uranium - 235 »

February 26, 2004, 11:37:12 PM
Reply #15

BrianL03

• Lerker

• View Profile
I hope you get hit by a bus.

February 27, 2004, 02:04:09 AM
Reply #16

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yes I'm sure we'd all rise up in a rage and take him down, if we could actually get up out of our computer chairs without having to rest for five minutes from the exertion.
You know what? YOU KNOW WHAT? LAST FALL, I ACTUALLY WENT JOGGING ONCE! OH YEAH! In the RAIN! While it was FREAKIN' FREEZING! And I HUFFED and I PUFFED and I BLEW MY LUNGS OUT, yet I KEPT GOING! Uh-huh! DAMN STRAIGHT! And then I started BREATHING LIKE A NINJA LIKE MY SISTER SHOWED ME, and you know what? It pretty damn WORKED and I could've KEPT RUNNING FOREVER if the cold and rain hadn't MADE MY EARS, NOSE and FINGERS NUMB! HELL YEAH!

Remember I told you about that Gem?

February 27, 2004, 09:22:54 AM
Reply #17

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
So not only was it a major event that you got out and did something active, but then you had to get online to tell you IRC friends about this major event, eh?

My friend, you are truly one of us. Now sit down, you look faint.

February 27, 2004, 11:23:26 AM
Reply #18

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I hope you get hit by a bus.
:lol: Jealousy! Should I mention that my grandpa on my mom's side of the family has a full head of hair and he's like 90? I dunno if it's true or not... but let's see:

Skip a generation? CHECK!

From my mom's side? CHECK!

GG BOB!

February 27, 2004, 06:10:18 PM
Reply #19

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
You know what? YOU KNOW WHAT? LAST FALL, I ACTUALLY WENT JOGGING ONCE! OH YEAH! In the RAIN! While it was FREAKIN' FREEZING! And I HUFFED and I PUFFED and I BLEW MY LUNGS OUT, yet I KEPT GOING! Uh-huh! DAMN STRAIGHT! And then I started BREATHING LIKE A NINJA LIKE MY SISTER SHOWED ME, and you know what? It pretty damn WORKED and I could've KEPT RUNNING FOREVER if the cold and rain hadn't MADE MY EARS, NOSE and FINGERS NUMB! HELL YEAH!

Remember I told you about that Gem?
Ninja breating? Explain, oh fighter of the laughter!