Author Topic: Waiting On Next Beta Patch?  (Read 7216 times)

February 04, 2004, 12:36:46 PM
Read 7216 times

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
Any estimates on when classic NS will be back in rotation? I absolutely loathe combat, and I miss having a place to play 3.0 with good players. So, until 3.0beta3, or whatever LB is waiting on, I'll see you on Lunixmonster from time to time.

Anyway, the point of this thread was to ask is there are any pending improvements that canbe made to FSD prior to another beta release to help the CPU utilization?
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

February 04, 2004, 01:22:59 PM
Reply #1

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
From what I understand every major release has suffered from lag problems. They get the game working, get the bugs under control, then tighten the code to deal with the lag and cpu issues.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

February 04, 2004, 01:49:08 PM
Reply #2

Lito

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
omg rewfls, ell bee is a nubcaek dat doesn't kno hwo 2 run a surver kekek ^__________^

but in all seriousness, come help clear out the newbs on lunixmonster, because i'm getting serious commrage...and i never get commrage...
Go, go, go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
aah - Johnny B. GONE
sig images must not exceed 22kb -DHP

Thanks to Bijiy for help on the sig
Japanese Lesbian Kissing ftw
Waffles aer teh lews.

February 04, 2004, 02:07:53 PM
Reply #3

BigD

• Skulk

• View Profile
uhhh...ive voted in some ns amps on sunnyd...no lag at all...and i play on a 3.0beta2 ns server no lag ...

February 04, 2004, 02:22:14 PM
Reply #4

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
If you can garuntee that you won't complain, I'll put them back in!

Anyone?  ^^
To the stars!

insert witty line here

February 04, 2004, 02:24:29 PM
Reply #5

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
how about just amke it admin policy to kick complainers? i can do that. oh! and make it a classic ns server only, that'd be sweeeeet !!

and lito, i am PROUD of you my young grasshopper!! the commrage is strong within you..
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

February 04, 2004, 02:25:04 PM
Reply #6

Jefe

• Fade

• View Profile
need....ns.....graaarrggle

*DISCLAIMER*  Do not take the above post seriously.

February 04, 2004, 02:27:36 PM
Reply #7

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
i'ld like to have classic ns back on Free Sunny D and one thing if nancy shows up (i think it won't) but if it does one of the admins could change the map to insure that the major computer usage on nancy doesn't show up
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

February 04, 2004, 02:32:54 PM
Reply #8

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
IMO, theres no way for nancy to come back, until a new version of nancy comes back..
The current one is WAY too laggy..

February 04, 2004, 02:33:21 PM
Reply #9

Forsaken

• Lerker

• View Profile
Yea I miss the days of playing ns with the lunixmonster crowd on classic ns maps for hours on end.  :(

February 04, 2004, 02:38:18 PM
Reply #10

Smoke Nova

• Skulk

• View Profile
How about we leave ns_* out of rotation but instead we can let vote runs for ns_* go.  

Because a co_* only server will tend to keep griefer's out since it's harder to grief in combat and it will let serious NS players play.

February 04, 2004, 02:42:17 PM
Reply #11

Mouse

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • Danger Mouse
I won't, it the non-regs that im afraid of  o_O

February 04, 2004, 03:27:51 PM
Reply #12

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I'm happy either way, as long as I can still go to LM for my classic fix. We could try a ns/ns/co/ns/ns/co map rotation for a while. If the team can win the game fast, there's no lag problem, it's only the longer games that start lagging. Just when things start getting hot and heavy, pings skyrocket. =S

Edited for different map rotation. I'd rather have two ns, then one co, then repeat. The alternating map method sounds like a little too much combat. I told ya combat would get dull pretty quick!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 03:46:27 PM by BobTheJanitor »

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

February 04, 2004, 07:52:35 PM
Reply #13

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
omg rewfls, ell bee is a nubcaek dat doesn't kno hwo 2 run a surver kekek ^__________^

but in all seriousness, come help clear out the newbs on lunixmonster, because i'm getting serious commrage...and i never get commrage...
I had a serious surge of commrage today. I swear I was ready to jump out and not comm the rest of the game (but I didn't). Anyway, it was on ns_bast and the marines should of won, but they couldn't get one thing straight: listen to what I say. So, I ended up giving them HA quite a few times and they still couldn't kill two damn onos. I mean is it really that hard to point and shoot? Even I can do it on my slow connection. But all this would have been avoided if they would have went through the PG in the beginning to siege Engine. Mouse was there; he knows what I'm talking about.

Anyway, LB, I will never complain! I want to play some 3.0 NS on ayumi...or at least vote for them more often.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

February 04, 2004, 09:29:37 PM
Reply #14

BigD

• Skulk

• View Profile
yay ns maps are back...but ns/co/ns/co would be nice....just played 4-5 ns maps in a row im not complaining its nice to have ns back!!but if you could throw a co in throw every few maps or something to get a back then back to ns ns :)

February 04, 2004, 11:08:23 PM
Reply #15

CommunistWithAGun

• Skulk

• View Profile
I don't like combat, but I love NS, I hate lag, but CO dosen't lag, therefore, I won't play NS till its fixed, and only co, just because it dosen't lag. I wish you didnt change it back :( Now I can't play there :(
Got himself banned.

February 05, 2004, 12:41:38 AM
Reply #16

BigD

• Skulk

• View Profile
dont bash it till you try it..ive played ns all day/night since it got changed NO LAG AT ALL...yea one time pings went up to 500 but there wasnt any lag...

February 05, 2004, 03:29:01 AM
Reply #17

Venmoch

• Gorge

• View Profile
So, I ended up giving them HA quite a few times and they still couldn't kill two damn onos. I mean is it really that hard to point and shoot?
Given that two Oni are involved and your playing 2.1 with THE HITBOX ISSUE OF DOOM! fairly hard.

Bear in mind that pointing and shooting is one thing. Hitting the bit that registers the hit is another thing.

FIX THIS!

February 05, 2004, 04:39:36 AM
Reply #18

CommunistWithAGun

• Skulk

• View Profile
dont bash it till you try it..ive played ns all day/night since it got changed NO LAG AT ALL...yea one time pings went up to 500 but there wasnt any lag...
Pings don't go through the roof unless there is lag, ping is an indication of how long its taking packets to transmit, and half a second is wayyyy laggy

FYI, I was playing with these 500+ pings, commanding, the buttons were lagging, peoples movements were jagged. So nyah!
Got himself banned.

February 05, 2004, 01:11:05 PM
Reply #19

BigD

• Skulk

• View Profile
i know what ping is...all i saying is there WASNT ANY LAG...and this happened once in 4 hours...i cant explain why there wasnt any lag with 500 ping....but it was only that ONE time...and it was on ns_hera....i havnt got it anywhere else