Author Topic: For Uranium  (Read 12744 times)

February 03, 2004, 09:41:44 PM
Reply #40

@gentOrange

• Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
They're set in Japan, and every person looks like they were just shipped in from Seattle.
FYI Seattle has the largest Japanese population in the US. ^^

I know what you meant though...
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 28kb - DHP

February 03, 2004, 09:45:06 PM
Reply #41

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
While yeah, i have always found it odd that anime characters look very, well, not Japanese, it's never really bothered me too much. I mean, come on, they're cartoons.

Are you telling me Micky Mouse looks like a real mouse? I mean, there's not too many meeces you see wearing pants around.
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

February 03, 2004, 10:03:16 PM
Reply #42

BrianL03

• Lerker

• View Profile
Uranium, just to reiterate what I've told you time and time again:

For the hair, it makes character recognition a helluva lot easier, and the eyes display emotion a lot easier and cause less strain for the artists.

February 03, 2004, 10:32:44 PM
Reply #43

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Uranium, just to reiterate what I've told you time and time again:

For the hair, it makes character recognition a helluva lot easier, and the eyes display emotion a lot easier and cause less strain for the artists.
Well to the Japanese it might not be, for the Americans it would be, but I wanna see a black dude in an anime... He'll be all 'yo mutha :Da word up to your mother g dizzle!' And he'd carry around a MASSIVE handgun, something rediculously large that no person would be capable of carrying, much less using :D

And a spikey afro! And 80's clothes, a red velvet suit, bling bling. And he flys arond in a CATBUS and fights crime.

EDIT: After doing a little research...

"Japanese believe a cat can change it's form if it becomes old enough."

(-_- )
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 10:36:09 PM by Uranium - 235 »

February 03, 2004, 10:48:07 PM
Reply #44

BrianL03

• Lerker

• View Profile
Sorry, there ain't a catbus nor some fancy bling bling, but Cowboy Bebop Episode 17, Mushroom Samba, has some black dudes (and a dudette) in it.

February 03, 2004, 11:16:07 PM
Reply #45

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
jesus h christ, have you guys NEVER seen a japanese person!??! wth?!?! they almost NEVER have black hair, it's ALWAYS dyed. usually reddish. i I'm trying to swear ban me! you not.

you troglodytes...

anime that has a black dude? animatrix.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

February 03, 2004, 11:53:32 PM
Reply #46

Jefe

• Fade

• View Profile

*DISCLAIMER*  Do not take the above post seriously.

February 04, 2004, 01:11:32 AM
Reply #47

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
so i'm a kid now? why does every person who wants to seem superior call the other person "kid" everyone does that now, even if the person they call kid is 20 years older then them, you want to feel higher then me by calling me a kid? go ahead. But your rant is just jibberish, you have obviously never seen a full series, you probably just read the synopse on a website.

Your the one who can't seem the grasp the fact anime is normaly not based on real life, its from people's imagination, and it doesn't have to agree with what you think is right. If they want their characters to carry around a big ass gun? Well Arnold Schwaztinager thinks he can be a robot from the future and also hunt an alien. But thats ok right? becuase its not animated by japanense people? Oh lets not forget Disney, a princess turning into a swan or dwarfs running around makes sense right? or how about a giant person that lives in the clouds, and a bean grows a giant bean stalk to get to him... that makes sense also. But when you have a robot thats piloted by a person, thats unheard of. I never started a personal attack on you, if you want to go that low then fine, but I'm not going to.

oh and the egyptians believe cats where reicarnated gods.... and the indians believe that cows have holy power...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 01:12:46 AM by Leaderz0rz »

February 04, 2004, 01:20:54 AM
Reply #48

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
you have obviously never seen a full series, you probably just read the synopse on a website.
'obviously', 'probably', like I said, get a grip and grow up. You're like the guy that whines it's not nice when someone makes dirty jokes at a college frat party.

Well Arnold Schwaztinager thinks he can be a robot from the future and also hunt an alien. But thats ok right?

Okay that's Stupid Point 1. The difference is, in Arnies movies, he makes it SEEM REAL. Anime's are for the most part horrendous fabrications. And I don't mean 'oh ha ha it's drawn out it sucks'. Like I said, Cowboy Bebop did (terrible series cohesion aside) a good job of fitting the feel of everything. Have you ever heard of that term 'suspension of disbelief'? I'm guessing not.

You see, in a movie you have actual ACTING and a GOOD SCRIPT. A guy piloting a robot? Okay, but a guy piloting a robot who has emotional breakdowns about feelings in the middle of combat? Who suddenly stops and considers the emotional realism of killing a guy he hates? Okay really? You hate this guy, you're in a massive suit with a HUGE gun, blow off his head. You don't sit there while listening to your girlfriend WHINE over the radio. That's stupid.

A guy piloting a robot vs. Jesse Ventura toting around a minigun that blows up trees? Okay both are pretty implausible. A guy piloting a robot ten thousand years (or whatever) in the future, armed with a SWORD? That's not implausible, that just STUPID.

Arnie falling one hundred feet as a Terminator and cratering into the ground, vs. some man-dog flesh-and-bone genetic monstrosity falling off a cliff, jumping a hundred feet in the air and landing, on his feet, with no ill effects? You know that anime Kikaider? Okay, he's an android. It makes sense that he can flip over a fence from a standstill, or fall on his feet from high places and be fine.

Oh lets not forget Disney, a princess turning into a swan or dwarfs running around makes sense right? or how about a giant person that lives in the clouds, and a bean grows a giant bean stalk to get to him... that makes sense also.

Wow way to go, not only do you make the STUPIDEST point ever, but you gave me enough ammunition to last the end of this argument. Thanks! You see, those are KIDS shows. Apparently you're a 40 year old man (with a major anger problem). Now since Anime is equal to Sleeping Beauty, I'm going to say again, GROW UP.

But when you have a robot thats piloted by a person, thats unheard of. I never started a personal attack on you, if you want to go that low then fine, but I'm not going to.

You don't have to start a personal attack to piss me off, coming into a thread that was meant for me to attack Japan, then slinging your weight around and telling me:

Telling me that because I disagree, I'm a fool and then ironically shooting yourself in the foot by claiming that you want to make hot hot mansex with Prince Charming, while at the same time failing to grasp even the basic principles to a decent PLOT, and SENSIBLE REALISM, BOTH of which are lacking in some form in EVERY ANIME EVER MADE.

PLOT: In every anime, you have to take a decent story, then either completely f*** it up with something. Sometimes that 'something' is horribly HORRIBLY written script, or very badly misplaced scenes (cracking a joke after ten thousand people just got slaughtered, it's always something). Sometimes it's just terrible directing. "Gee I know, we'll make a Hitchcock-esque thriller, then put an animated NUDIE SCENE IN IT! NOW THAT'S TARGET MARKETING, YEE-HA!"

SNESIBLE REALISM: Okay so there's no way that Jesse Ventura could carry and fire a Vulcan minigun. But at least you can joke about it with friends. "Haf haf, yeah it was cool, but pretty stupid. Plus, mowing down the jungle was funny as hell." In anime, if you do that, you're liable to get attacked with a knife by some nut that has absolutely no content in their lives, nothing to look forward to, that the only thing keeping them from what could be suicidal depression is immersion in a flimsy fantasy world, much like... an alcoholic? A cocaine addict?

(Ironic though, that I link that picture from a site that's run by a guy that's FAMOUS for doing exactly what I did in my first post in this thread.)

Edit: You are in charge? not quite. ^^
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 11:15:13 AM by Lightning Blue »

February 04, 2004, 01:23:23 AM
Reply #49

JHunz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
Uranium, since you yourself cited FF7 as anime in one of your posts, I'm going to point out Barrett as the black dude you're looking for.  The guy even has the massive gun, and it's attached to his arm.
"We have plenty of youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

February 04, 2004, 01:45:09 AM
Reply #50

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Uranium, since you yourself cited FF7 as anime in one of your posts, I'm going to point out Barrett as the black dude you're looking for.  The guy even has the massive gun, and it's attached to his arm.
I don't play any Final Fantasies (Tried, didn't like it)... all I remember is pictures of cloud with a sword that's bigger then an SUV. Wait, is that the huge black dude that threw stuff? (or something).

February 04, 2004, 01:45:26 AM
Reply #51

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Anyway, since JHunz beat my edit:

February 04, 2004, 11:00:28 AM
Reply #52

JHunz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
Locking since I beat your edit? That seems rather arbitrary :p
"We have plenty of youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

February 04, 2004, 11:11:40 AM
Reply #53

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
Thread re-opened, nothing really wrong with it, except the excessive swearing.  <_<

Fixed the filter too!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 11:14:31 AM by Lightning Blue »
To the stars!

insert witty line here

February 04, 2004, 11:24:04 AM
Reply #54

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
"a guy piloting a robot who has emotional breakdowns about feelings in the middle of combat? Who suddenly stops and considers the emotional realism of killing a guy he hates? Okay really? You hate this guy, you're in a massive suit with a HUGE gun, blow off his head. You don't sit there while listening to your girlfriend WHINE over the radio. That's stupid."

you do realise that minus the mech stuff you just described over half of superman's adventures right? =3

February 04, 2004, 11:30:28 AM
Reply #55

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
"a guy piloting a robot who has emotional breakdowns about feelings in the middle of combat? Who suddenly stops and considers the emotional realism of killing a guy he hates? Okay really? You hate this guy, you're in a massive suit with a HUGE gun, blow off his head. You don't sit there while listening to your girlfriend WHINE over the radio. That's stupid."

you do realise that minus the mech stuff you just described over half of superman's adventures right? =3
Superman's a nut, no one in their right mind would be that powerful and NOT be rich. You'd get like requests for a hitman pouring in every day.

February 04, 2004, 12:43:58 PM
Reply #56

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
rants are fine, personal attacks are not.

and most of the time you use absolute superlatives, like ALL, and EVERY, you are WRONG. and no, not so wrong you make a right. just wrong.

in other news, you've watched more anime than most ppl, no, nix that, ANY person i know. you are clearly a closet japanophile uranium. stop trying to hide it.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

February 04, 2004, 02:01:15 PM
Reply #57

Venmoch

• Gorge

• View Profile
Well to the Japanese it might not be, for the Americans it would be, but I wanna see a black dude in an anime... He'll be all 'yo mutha :Da word up to your mother g dizzle!' And he'd carry around a MASSIVE handgun, something rediculously large that no person would be capable of carrying, much less using :D

And a spikey afro! And 80's clothes, a red velvet suit, bling bling. And he flys arond in a CATBUS and fights crime
Dude theres a guy like that in one of the Cowboy BeBop episodes.

Some drug dealer killed his brother so he drags a coffin around to fill with the dealers body. That and there is another episode that has a black serial killer on a prison ship. He was cool. Until he died.

FIX THIS!

February 04, 2004, 03:59:47 PM
Reply #58

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
God your funny, I love the assumptions you make about me, and the fact I have to grow up becuase I defending somthing I happen to like? It doesn't matter if its a kids show or an adult animation, you still are trying to compare animation to reality, just becuase it doesn't happen it reallife, you automaticaly label it as "stupid".

You ever heard of imagination? you know that part of your brain that can make things come to life? You don't like Japan? Fine, I don't care, I care when you go around insulting people who do like it, and making them seem lower then you, And making comments that have no backing other then yout  opinion and so called "ultimate knowledge of ALL anime" If your such an anti anime person, you sure seem to act like you have seen alot of it to be able to label every anime being the same. And the arnold point wasn't stupid, becuase if it was an animation made by some japan dude, you would of called it stupid becuase it had a guy, with a big gun doing unbelivable things. I don't know rather you hate animation in general, or what, but alot of animes have compelling stories that are 20 times better then most movies out there.

You can rant all you want, and call me some 40 year old aged man, which obviously you have never seen me, nor do you know anything about me. I never insulted you, I don't agree with what you say, you can have your own opinion. When you call people stupid for liking anime, or automaticaly tag us with that stupid sterotypical comic, you insult people like Gem, rather he/she personaly is insulted I don't know, but people like he/she who watches anime, reads manga, likes the Japanese culture do get pissed off by people like you.

February 04, 2004, 04:28:06 PM
Reply #59

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I never insulted you, I don't agree with what you say, you can have your own opinion. When you call people stupid for liking anime, or automaticaly tag us with that stupid sterotypical comic, ..
and for that, Leadorzor is teh WINNAR!!!!!
-Richard Feynman