Author Topic: Total War Rome  (Read 2836 times)

January 30, 2004, 05:28:18 PM
Read 2836 times

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Tho i and many others have known about this for quite awhile, i just saw glatiator once again for the 10th time and it pumped me up for this game, so just saying: i hope everyone gets a copy of this game (mostly LM regs) when its released so we can play as allied legions/greek/hordes/much more to crush all who oppose LM REGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! over the internet of course :lol:

and i dont know about u all but i have a feeling this will be greater then HL:2 (my opinion) even tho they are two totally opposite games beside the fact there both comming out in 2004 and went into hard work and developing by the devs
Total War: Rome

EDIT: for those who dont want a quick small briefing before clicking the link to make sure u dont waste your time, all i have to say is : You can basicaly do anything posible in that time period as a leader.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 05:43:22 PM by Diablus »

February 01, 2004, 05:05:45 PM
Reply #1

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
i love medevil strategy games, to bad stronghold didn't get the community it deserved. I for one will get this game if I can find people to play with, I played the I'm trying to swear ban me! out of AOE2 to the point my disc would not work anymore.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 01:11:58 PM by Lightning Blue »

February 01, 2004, 05:43:39 PM
Reply #2

Lito

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
i need to send back my "borrowed" gaming computer soon, most likely before the end of the year.  GG ns, GG gaming.
Go, go, go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
aah - Johnny B. GONE
sig images must not exceed 22kb -DHP

Thanks to Bijiy for help on the sig
Japanese Lesbian Kissing ftw
Waffles aer teh lews.

February 02, 2004, 01:26:55 AM
Reply #3

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
why do ppl GG things, i don't know, but it's quickly climbing my pet peeve charts.

anyhoo, on a slightly tangential note, i picked up Lords of Everquest for like, 10 bucks! which is weird.. for some reason Lond Drugs was selling it for cheap.

initial takes, like the alpha alpha version of WC3, laggier than WC3, and with LESS effects. good god.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

February 02, 2004, 03:07:00 AM
Reply #4

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Is it like Shogun: Total War? That was an interesting game but boring as hell, watching your armies slowly travel on foot across an island...

February 02, 2004, 12:11:46 PM
Reply #5

Venmoch

• Gorge

• View Profile
Heh we have a TV show that uses Rome Total War.

It pits groups of the public againt the PC, its rather compulsive watching....

FIX THIS!

February 03, 2004, 01:47:18 PM
Reply #6

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
lead, ill play with ya ;) , uranium yes it is SIMILIAR to shogun TW, but u can do thousands of more things, andinstead of watching two units slashing at eachother back and fourth and then out of nowhere 1 walks away and the other dies 10 seconds later(mbaye from lag) is not going to be happening. Each 2 soldiers will be fighting and using the shields agaisnt attacks,  its going to be like watching the beginning scene gladiator but different times and 10,000 units on eachs side on the field (about). basically its going to be upmost ralistic, tho 10,000 individuals going hand 2 hand and watching that up close is going to be amazingly sweet and realistic on what it would really be like if a roman and celt were fighting(but i dunno how a crappy comp will support it). for example, take one of the castle seige videos ( u dont hear the commands yelled by the smart AI comamnder like "To the walls!" and pointing aty it like u do in a few others. but u get the feel of what commanding a attack or defense on a castle seige would be like.

Castle Seige
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 01:49:08 PM by Diablus »

February 03, 2004, 10:07:02 PM
Reply #7

BrianL03

• Lerker

• View Profile
Shogun was a sweet game. It combined TBS and RTS, and made them huge battles! I dug that tons!

*loved watching his samurai cavalry armies slaughter the gunpowder weilding shogun as they were caught unawares and downhill*

February 04, 2004, 04:37:43 PM
Reply #8

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
the elephant part in that movie ownz :p

February 04, 2004, 07:19:55 PM
Reply #9

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
cool vids

definetly, visit this site and goto downloads, theres a bunch of 3 min clips with interviews and gameplay (but its in french or german) but its amazing to see a canipult take down a wall right underneath about 80 egyptian archers, all of them fall screaming to thier deaths as the part of the wall collapses. so evil >:D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 07:20:40 PM by Diablus »

February 04, 2004, 09:12:46 PM
Reply #10

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
When's it released? I'd like to play Shogun: Total War again... all I had was the demo and it ran like crap (I'm the one who showed it to you first, Brian :p), but... dunno, I remember it was pretty fun... just too slow paced.

February 04, 2004, 10:35:32 PM
Reply #11

BrianL03

• Lerker

• View Profile
Yeah, I wish you could set up individual battles where the units were pretty much on top of each other already, but I guess it's a little more epic and realistic to give each army a chance to maneuver into position.

My only complaint were the bridge maps, and all of those complaints come from the realistic fact that I would not be able to charge the enemy across a bridge and under a hail of arrows... but boy, when I got to hold the bridge! ^^

February 04, 2004, 10:50:01 PM
Reply #12

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yeah, I wish you could set up individual battles where the units were pretty much on top of each other already, but I guess it's a little more epic and realistic to give each army a chance to maneuver into position.

My only complaint were the bridge maps, and all of those complaints come from the realistic fact that I would not be able to charge the enemy across a bridge and under a hail of arrows... but boy, when I got to hold the bridge! ^^
Those must've been big bridges... :o

February 04, 2004, 10:57:57 PM
Reply #13

BrianL03

• Lerker

• View Profile
Um, I kinda said I *couldn't* charge my army across them. It was more like "5 horsemen... then another 5... and so on. LIVE YOU BASTARDS!"

February 05, 2004, 01:15:20 PM
Reply #14

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
yea to easily counter a bridge charge is simple, all u gotta do is have 1-2 yari samurai or the basic spear unit to block the bridge, set up 2 lines of archers behind them, not too close dueto FF and 1 more yari unit nearby for support. now to get even more intense add 2 more musketeers  >:D . ive held off 2 clans with each 8-10 groups of men. but of course we all had lvl 9 honour men. but theres 1 huge flaw in that plan which the only way to fix is up pull back and fight over the brudge, but if ur attacking at have archers, u can easily clear out the blockade and strom across...

but give me 4 groups of archers and i can hold off anything besides hevy and yari calvalry. give me musketeers on a map with mountains and its hit +run ownage >:D