Author Topic: What are you driving?  (Read 4237 times)

February 13, 2014, 12:00:14 PM
Read 4237 times

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
I've gotten into 80's Toyotas, specifically Tercels.

81:

84 FWD:

87 FWD, blown engine, have an engine to swap in it once winter improves.

To the stars!

insert witty line here

February 13, 2014, 04:53:11 PM
Reply #1

Plaguebearer

• Gorge

• View Profile
2012 Chevy HHR.  With a baby on the way, we needed something minivan-ish, and I wasn't about to get a goddamn minivan.

And a 1999 POS Mercury that's falling apart bit by bit.  Only kept it around to commute to school, and only keeping it around in case I get hired to teach.
God, I'm old.

February 13, 2014, 08:45:49 PM
Reply #2

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile

February 13, 2014, 10:06:55 PM
Reply #3

ThoraX

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
I'm in a 2010 Mustang. Ah, the joys of having an (until recently) steady job and no kids yet.
About another year of payments! gah.
This is going to be some kind of reunion, isn't it?

February 14, 2014, 12:48:03 AM
Reply #4

Nuketheplace

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
2003 Toyota Matrix.  First car, does the job of getting me from point A to point B.  The joys of moving to a new city where a car is actually required. 

March 22, 2014, 02:13:35 PM
Reply #5

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
the 80's tercels are probably pretty bulletproof

I've been working on getting this car rock solid. I also have back 1/2 of a 80's toyota helix long bed that I've constructed into a trailer that I tow with this car

Paint & new tires are up next, as well as exploring the head again (my car whisperer buddy doesn't like the way it sounds) I also need to install the extra gauges I just need sensors for them I'm going to do water temp, Oil pressure & battery. Then I just need to get the tube that the muffler connects to shored up & I'm golden. Got the car for pretty cheap  & it gets decent mileage for being an old V8, Got it tinted & put the subs in it. Also saw a 70% improvement in emissions from when I started attempting to pass smog & when I actually passed. I've driven it down from Sac to LA & back towing 2000 lbs one way, didn't even break a sweat over the grapevine. I was picking up a DDR arcade machine

MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.