The Ready Room > Off Topic

SWWEEEET! First post of the new year!

(1/4) > >>

Niteowl:
I see some of you guys posting on the Unknown Worlds forum. WASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP.

Browsing through 'new' posts, there is one thread that was created in 2003. SEVEN YEARS AGO! HOLY INFLAMED BUDDHA ON A SEATLESS UNICYCLE BATMAN.

Where are y'all at? In life? In game? How has the wicked and arbritrary seas of life treated you? Well? Ill?

Niteowl:
Thirty three views and no replies? Come ON PEOPLES.

GrayDuck:
hola hoots!

Where am I at?  Well not really gaming.  When I heard NS2 was coming out last fall I updated my rig a little and preordered, it'll be obsolete again by the time it really gets released.  I play L4D2 from time to time... not much though...

I've moved back to my home state (from CA to MD to MN - my home).  I'm a mere 3 miles from the Mall of America.   I'm a stay at home mom now - I have two ducklings.  I'm pondering returning to work - but not sure.  I DO work PT as a web dev (something I swore I'd never do, I hate html!)  but at least it's something!

Hmmm what else what else... excited to be going to Vegas in May.  Training for my first 5k in May as well - I guess I decided I've been a couch potato for all too long.  Lots has changed, and yet it feels like not much has changed.

What's new w/ you!?

Malevolent:
After L4D wore off sometime in early 2009, I didn't really play that many online games. I recently started playing them again (L4D2 and Shattered Horizon). I cannot recommend Shattered Horizon enough (if your rig can run it). Zero G and full 360 combat is pretty awesome. I play most of the big single player games (Bioshock 2, Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2, etc). And of course I'm looking forward to NS2.

As for real life stuff, I graduated from college in May 2009, which was definitely not the opportune time to find a job (Michigan). I plan on going back to school for a couple of higher degrees, but I want to get a pretty decent job first since it looks good on apps and resumes. But not much has changed. I still live by the university, so what I do is still pretty much the same as the last 4 years (just more actual working).

Kodiac:
I'm still around.  Still play CSS, DODS, TF2, L4D2, Starcraft, D2, etc.  Mostly with my brothers, but other people when I can find them.

I'm in my senior year of aerospace engineering (due to a transfer screw-up, I have to retake Chemistry in the fall, meaning I graduate in December), and then I'm looking at grad school in propulsion using liquid propellants.

As for what else I do besides gaming, I'm a participant in NASA's USLI program, heading up the payload/recovery subteam for my university's team (The Mississippi State Space Cowboys, if you're wondering.  Not my choice of name :-/)

Basically, the University gives me money to spend blowing things up.  Pretty sweet deal, I'd say.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version