Author Topic: Airsoft..  (Read 4689 times)

May 22, 2006, 09:14:56 PM
Read 4689 times

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
Few of my friends started playing.. nothing serious, but it seems pretty fun.  

I started looking for a gun.. I somehow wasn't impressed with the ones at Wal-Mart.. no surprise there.  While I don't want to spend a lot on it, I'd like to get something halway decent.. from what I've read so far, http://www.airsplat.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=AR-UA-312 seems to be a decent choice.

It's not going to be anything totally serious, but I don't feel like wasting money on wal-mart guns.

May 23, 2006, 04:48:43 AM
Reply #1

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Not going to Wal-Mart is a good choice. Another good retailer (USA) is Airsoft Atlanta, although the shipping charges may be higher depending on where you live. Just avoid the Chinese manufacturers.

May 29, 2006, 09:40:03 AM
Reply #2

Kodiac

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Both Asal and JJHS got Tokyo Marui guns, and they've worked fine for them.  JJHS has a n AK-47, with a few extra clips taped together, rebel guerilla style.  Asal got a chrome Desert Eagle, and that thing is SOLID.  I picked it up and though, Geez, I could pistol someone with this just by handing it to them.

If your interested in stuff like this, though, I would recommend paintball.  Sounds cheesy, I know, and you don't get to use look-alike guns, but it's a hell of a lot more satisfying, at least to me.  You can actually hear the thing fire- it doesn't make a wimpy zip like an electric one, and even the gas ones aren't as loud.  But that's just me- you might want to take a look into it.
Kodiac teh Pirate Bear
One part comm, one part cheerleader, 3 parts cuddly bear

May 29, 2006, 12:11:19 PM
Reply #3

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
I think paintball tends to be more expensive, depending on relative qualities. I prefer airsoft for that reason and the fact that it's a bit easier to clean up (or not clean up, if you use biodegradable BBs).

May 29, 2006, 06:12:40 PM
Reply #4

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Paintball is awesome but loads more expensive, BBs cheaper than paint kthx.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

May 29, 2006, 06:43:25 PM
Reply #5

EmperorPenguin

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
I've been into serious airsoft for several years now, and if you actually want to play around with friends in a field or something, you're better off getting an electric rifle.  Loads more expensive, but much more satisfying.  The spring rifle you picked out will feel lighter and cheaper, and shoot one piddly shot at a time just like a spring pistol would.  Of course, if you're just shooting around in the backyard, that may be exactly what you want.  You also don't have to buy a battery or charger that way.

We used Airsoft Atlanta for a long time here, until they stopped shipping to Canada.  It's still illegal to import airsoft (as a replica firearm) in Canada, so I suppose it was a sensible choice.  They always screwed up my friends' orders, but never mine, so I suppose I like 'em.

If you do decide to stick with a spring-powered weapon, I'd reccomend a TM pistol.  They're probably the most solid, and spring weapons in the sub $100 shoot with similar power and accuracy, pistol or rifle.  Look for something called hop-up, with puts a backspin on the BB that increases range.  Most products will have it.

See, I can't ever talk about airsoft without rambing on.  Terrible thing.

"What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby?  Maybe we'll never know."

May 30, 2006, 07:01:00 AM
Reply #6

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Just avoid the electric pistols. They're weak.

May 31, 2006, 09:41:01 AM
Reply #7

Kodiac

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Gas pistols, now, those are cool.  Especially the automatic glock- I think it's the 19c, but it might be the 17c.  That rips off a whole clip before JJHS's AK can fire a third of its ammo, even with the glock extended clip.  Insanity.  But the electric rifles are cool, especially if you can get hop-up- makes it a straighter shot if you can line it up right.
Kodiac teh Pirate Bear

May 31, 2006, 02:35:51 PM
Reply #8

Spectre X

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
like they've all said, dont get the wal-mart ones. they die after about 2 weeks. the only thing those are good for are movie props. they've got the strength of a 300 year old rubber band.

P.S. that gas g17 kodiac talked about, it really hurts when shot.

June 23, 2006, 07:59:56 PM
Reply #9

Kodiac

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
So, it's been something like 20 days now.  Do we get to know who's advice you actually followed, or are you going to leave us in the dark?

Also, tell us what you think of whatever you bought (assuming you did).  I'm looking at them, as I get a raise in august and need something to do with the extra money.
Kodiac teh Pirate Bear

June 26, 2006, 09:14:15 AM
Reply #10

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
I got the one that I linked to in the first post.

Nice and solid.. Can't tell you how accurate it is, because I only have 0.12 bb's, and the manufacturer reccomends 0.20.. Sadly, no store near me sells 0.20, so I have to order them online.