Author Topic: NS Gossip  (Read 5000 times)

March 08, 2006, 02:26:25 PM
Read 5000 times

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
Jumped and jumped, seemed more like pushed to me... But lets not discuss that here, mod might be interesting, though pretty NSy.
[snapback]55377[/snapback]

It's no secret that I haven't been around lately... but I'm back at work (literally) and playing NS over lunch, and I'm enjoying it just as much now as I was about a year or so ago when I played regularely.... BUT I'm waaay out of the loop as to what's going on drama wise (and we all know I like drama :p )  Sooooooo what's going on?!

March 08, 2006, 03:09:06 PM
Reply #1

Reasa

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
I joined a server the other day, got killed on the IP, called the guy/girl who killed me a "****" and left the server.

You may or may not have heard about it, but I'm told it sent the NS community into a tizzy.

"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

March 08, 2006, 05:03:59 PM
Reply #2

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
NS Spoilers: FLAYRA DIES!

I really don't know what to say in "where's the drama" since I can't really find the community, it's all scattered about and stuffs yeah. A lot of people just kind of left NS too, me being one of them, yeah.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

March 08, 2006, 06:02:20 PM
Reply #3

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Flayra lost the faith of his community. End of drama.

Really, all the evidence of what's happened is pretty self evident. Inconsistent news, downed site/forums for an elongated length of time, etc.

In short, the community will move on to a game they like, with or without Flayra.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

March 08, 2006, 10:37:22 PM
Reply #4

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yeah, he could have had something really good. But I guess things just didn't go his way or he just didn't appease the fans appetites often enough. Whatever it is, it's too bad. Maybe one day we'll see NS on a store shelf or read about it on a website....
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

March 09, 2006, 09:03:37 AM
Reply #5

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
What I meant was that Zunni got "fired" from the NS dev team when he told about the problems with the NS community(Mainly that the forums had been down for ages, and yes it was mostly, if not totally, directed at the devs) on his personal blog.

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

March 09, 2006, 09:31:22 AM
Reply #6

tankefugl (in a tent)

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://tankefugl.imagonia.org/
Zunni resigned by his own decision from the dev team loooooong before any blog of his was made or any forums were hacked. Any claims of him being fired is wrong.

March 09, 2006, 10:47:23 AM
Reply #7

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
Guess i was caught in rumours then.

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

March 09, 2006, 02:46:26 PM
Reply #8

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well DHP, I hear there's rumors on the ah... internets.

March 09, 2006, 04:42:24 PM
Reply #9

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
dang - read zunni's blog earlier ---- I am in the dark - > 3 months behind!  someone shoulda posted about it THEN!!!

Fool- that WOULD be drama if ID was a jokery of NS.... drama drama drama!

March 12, 2006, 12:25:10 AM
Reply #10

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well you got me there, but still not big Drama since you know how NS is coming along.

April 23, 2006, 07:26:37 PM
Reply #11

^Zunni^

• Lerker

• View Profile
Zunni resigned by his own decision from the dev team loooooong before any blog of his was made or any forums were hacked. Any claims of him being fired is wrong.
[snapback]55389[/snapback]

Not to reply almost 2 months after the fact, but tanke.. if you remember correctly, I resigned due to real life constraints and came back to find the forums down. (Many months before my access was cut) At that point we began (Nem and I) a transition plan to move me into the coding side of the NS team since Charlie had been talking about hiring a professional (as in employee) PR person. During that time I expressed significant reservations about the contents of the 3.1.2 patch especially with the self-healing gorges. I was also shocked that it had been almost 4 months since the site had gone down. (I wasn't the only one)

Now keep in mind that during all of this including the discussions about the 3.1.2 changelog and subsequent discussions I still had access to all the development areas.

So I write my blog, which wasn't an anger thing or a  revenge thing but rather a plea to Charlie to fix the site. When you are surrounded by people who love what you do, sometimes it's hard to get an objective opinion. I tried to provide that.

Less than 24 hours after that post, my access was cut to all areas of NS-land. Kinda coincidental don't you think? I was also PM'd the next time I was online (by a dev) and told that I broke a 'trust'. Sounds like language you might receive if you had been 'fired'.

I was happy to not drag the specifics of this through the mud, but first Nem on the CAL forums and now you here mention that I quit. That simply was not the truth. Please don't make up things that allow you to re-write history publically. I'm pleased with what I did to help NS, and I hope my contributions will be carried on now that I'm gone. However to make it seem like there wasn't something 'odd' about my departure is simply untrue.

I'd be happy to talk this over with you on IRC, or through PM. I'm hoping this is the last time we have to talk about it at all.

^Zunni^ (Lead, Intelligent Design Team)

April 24, 2006, 05:32:55 AM
Reply #12

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
ba-dum *tsh*

April 24, 2006, 01:42:52 PM
Reply #13

Reasa

• Skulk

• View Profile
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts dedalade

April 24, 2006, 07:13:14 PM
Reply #14

Kodiac

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Well then.  That's something new, seeing as I only played the game and never really paid attention to the forums.
Kodiac teh Pirate Bear
One part comm, one part cheerleader, 3 parts cuddly bear

April 25, 2006, 12:12:40 PM
Reply #15

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yeah, I have missed so much NS drama from not playing it for almost a year now. But then, there isn't much to have drama about now.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

April 27, 2006, 01:02:12 AM
Reply #16

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
Headline Drama  News:
The forums are still down.